Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
Advertisement No. 01 [A] / 2018 dated June 15, 2018
Walk-In-Interview for Visiting Faculty
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad (MNNIT Allahabad) is looking for dedicated and qualified persons for Visiting Faculty.
Walk-In-Interview will be conducted for filling up of Visiting Faculty positions for routine teaching services in different departments of MNNIT Allahabad. Visiting Faculty will be engaged on full time basis for One Semester which may be renewed further for another semester only depending on the performance and recommendation of the department. The Walk-In-Interview will be held in the month of June & July 2018 as per schedule displayed on the Institute website. Interested & eligible candidates are required to bring 3 copies of Bio-data in prescribed proforma along with all original certificates at the time of Interview. They are also required to bring one set of photo copies of relevant degree & experience certificate, one pass-port size photograph along with proof of identification at the time of Interview.
Total No. of Vacancy (Department-wise): 67 [SC- 10 ST- 05, OBC- 18, UR- 34] (PwD- 02 horizontal reservation)
Sl.No. Name of the Department (Specialization Required) Number of
1. Applied Mechanics Department [Only for Solid Mechanics/ Fluid Mechanics/
Materials Science & Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering] 08
2. Biotechnology Department [Only for Bio-chemical Engineering/ Bio-process
Development /Industrial Biotechnology] 01
3. Chemical Engineering Department 03
4. Mechanical Engineering Department 09
5. Civil Engineering Department 04
6. Computer Science & Engineering Department 20
7. Electronics & Communication Engineering Department 04
8. Electrical Engineering Department 10
9. Humanities & Social Science Department [Only for English] 02
10. School of Management Studies [SMS] 06
(i) For all Engineering Departments: First Class [60% Marks or GPA 6.5/10] Master’s degree in appropriate discipline of Engineering with first class [60% Marks or GPA 6.5/10] at Bachelor in Engineering stream (B.E./ B.Tech.). Preference will be given to PhD candidates.
(ii) For Humanities & Social Science Department: Doctorate in English / English Language Teaching /Linguistics/ Psychology with first class [60% Marks or GPA 6.5 /10] at both Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
(iii) For School of Management Studies: Ph.D. (Marketing Management/ Human Resource Management/ Operation Management/ Systems Management/ Financial Management / Financial Accounting) / Qualified Chartered Accountant/ICWA, with first class [60% Marks or 6.5 CPI on 10 Scale] at both Bachelor’s and Master’s level
Honorarium will be paid as follows –
• M. Tech in Engineering Ph.D. in Humanities/Science/Management
- `40,000/- to `45,000/- per month (all inclusive)
• Ph.D. in Engineering - `50,000/-to `55,000/- per month (all inclusive)
S. No. Department/Specialization Date of Interview Reporting Time
1. Computer Science & Engineering Department 25.06.2018 8.30 A.M.
2. Electrical Engineering Department 26.06.2018 8.30 A.M.
3. Electronics & Communication Engineering Department 27.06.2018 8.30 A.M.
4. Mechanical Engineering Department 28.06.2018 8.30 A.M.
5. Applied Mechanics Department
[Only for Solid Mechanics/ Fluid Mechanics/ Materials Science &
Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering]
29.06.2018 8.30 A.M.
6. Civil Engineering Department 02.07.2018 8.30 A.M.
7. Chemical Engineering Department 03.07.2018 8.30 A.M.
8. Biotech Engineering Department
[Only for Bio-chemical Engineering/ Bio-process Development
03.07.2018 1.30 P.M.
9. School of Management Studies [SMS] 04.07.2018 8.30 A.M.
10. Humanities & Social Science Department
[Only for English]
04.07.2018 1.30 P.M.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to fill the prescribed Application Form and bring the same
alongwith their original certificates and testimonials for personal discussion as per the schedule indicated above.
Candidates are also required to bring Self attested Photo copies of relevant degree & experience certificate,
passport size photograph alongwith proof of identification at the time of Interview, failing which they shall not be
allowed to appear in Interview.
2. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility as prescribed in the referred advertisement, before
appearing in the Interview. If an applicant is inadvertently allowed to appear in the Interview who otherwise does
not fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements, he/she cannot, at a later date, use that as right to claim that
he/she meets the eligibility requirements. If at any stage it is found that documents are not correct the
candidature will be cancelled irrespective of stage of process. The Institute reserves the right not to allow a
candidate to appear in Interview if it is found that :
[i] Minimum eligibility requirement are not fulfilled.
[ii] False documentation has been done.
[iii] Any other similar valid reason.
3. The Institute reserves the right to increase/decrease number of posts.
4. Any corrigendum/changes/updates shall be made available only on the Institute website: www.mnnit.ac.in.
The candidates are strictly advised to keep visiting the Institute’s website for updates, if any.
5. The services of Visiting Faculty shall be liable to termination at any time by notice in writing given either by
the Visiting Faculty to the appointing authority, or by the appointing authority to the Visiting Faculty. The
period of such notice shall be one month, unless otherwise agreed to by the Institute and the Visiting
6. The other terms and conditions of the service of Visiting Faculty shall be such as may be specified by the
appointing authority in the letter of appointment.
7. Vacancies of PWD/ Ex-servicemen quota are horizontal and included in the total number of vacancies.
Therefore, there will be no separate recruitment against PWD quota and it will be conducted simultaneously
and adjusted against UR/SC/ST/OBC (NCL) category to which the candidates belong.
8. Candidates belonging to OBC (NCL) category should submit proper caste certificate as per the proforma of
Government of India (which should not be more than 6 months old from the date of Interview) and which
should among others specifically mention that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (creamy
layer) as mentioned in the Department of Personnel & Training, O M. No. 36033/1/2013-Estt. (Res), dated
9. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but coming in creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefits of
reservation and should apply as General category candidates.
10. The selection Committee will make the merit list based on performance in the interview on common
consensus basis and draw a merit list of the successful candidates in the interview from each category. If
required, the selection Committee may also draw a waiting list with sufficient number of eligible candidates
from each category. The results of the interview shall be notified through Institute website after approval of
the competent/appointing authority. No correspondence shall be entertained during the process of the
11. The candidates should keep a regular watch for the related information on recruitment process available
on the website only. No separate/ individual communication shall be sent.
12. The Institute has right to not to fill the vacancy/vacancies and no correspondence in this regard will be
13. Canvassing in any from and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a
disqualification for the post applied for.
14. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason.
The number of vacancies may change. Any consequential vacancy arising subsequent to the
advertisement and upto the date of interview may also be filled during the interview.
15. Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or
an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Hon'ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
16.There is no application fee.
17.Candidates are required to make their own arrangement for stay. No T.A./D.A. shall be paid for attending