Written By Ajit Kumar on Monday, May 21, 2018 | 8:59 PM
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH PUNE
An autonomous Institution of Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune - 411 008
ADVT. NO.: 21/2018
(Walk-in-Interview on Monday, June 04, 2018)
[Position under Funded Project purely on Temporary and Contractual Basis]
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous
Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of
India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Indian Nationals fulfilling following advertised criteria may attend Walk-in Interview:
Name of the Post Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow)
No. of post 01(One)
Name of the Project “Charge Transport and Mechanical Motion in One Dimensional
Nanomaterials: Towards Ultrasensitive Detection and Mechanochemistry”
Funding Agency Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Project Code 30117341
M.Sc in Chemistry / Physical Chemistry / Material chemistry or
equivalent disciplines with at least 65% marks.
Preference Candidate having experience in nanoscience and
nanotechnology, material synthesis may be preferred.
Tenure of appointment Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject
to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation
of the project.
1) Project Assistant – Rs. 16,000 + 30% HRA per month.
2) Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow) - Rs. 25,000/- + 30%
HRA per month based on valid CSIR-NET/GATE, DBT-JRF or
Age Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement.
Day, Date & Venue of
Walk-In Interview &
Monday, June 04, 2018 at 10.00 A.M at Chemistry Office, 1st
Floor, Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road -
At the time of interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form
(available below advertisement link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of
educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted
in the application form and one recent passport size colour photograph.
The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for
the purpose of verification.
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or
compensation on termination of the project.
General Information / details about the post
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or
in IISER Pune.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding
agency particularly applicable to the said project
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
5. Relaxation in age, educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of
exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
6. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of
same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process.
Where number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it will not be
convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of
the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to
be considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration
qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and
experience in the application.
7. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
8. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
9. Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
10.No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the
11.Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated
as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Advt. No. 21/2018/IISER-P/Rect/15.05.2018 REGISTRAR