Written By Ajit Kumar on Monday, May 28, 2018 | 2:49 AM
Applications are invited for the following temporary posts for the DST Sponsored Project “Nanoelectronics Network for Research and
Applications (NNetRA)” at the Centre for NEMS and Nanophotonics, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras in the following
1) Self-Powered Sensor Systems for Smart Living and Safety
2) Sensors for food and healthcare
3) Electronic and Photonic Devices / Systems for RF Applications
4) Nano Focal Ultrasonic Imaging
Duration: Initially for a period of one year, extendable based on the performances:-
Project Coordinator: Dr. Enakshi Bhattacharya, Department of Electrical Engineering.
S.No.Post Pay range Qualifications Desirable
1. Project Manager
Rs.50,000/- to Rs.75,000/-
Ph.D in Engineering /Science / M. Tech / M.E / MS
Ph.D in Engineering / Science with three years experience
(or) Master's with six year’s experience in Microelectronics
Industry / Research lab
(Selected candidates are responsible for the overall
management and running of a state of the art
semiconductor processing and characterization laboratory.
Ph.D in Engineering /Science M. Tech /M.E./MS with 60% or 6.5
CGPA and above /
Master’s Degree in Science / Management with 60% or 6.5 CGPA
Ph.D in Engineering / Science (or) M.Tech / M.E/MS in
relevant disciplines with two years’ experience in
Microelectronics Industry / Research Lab (or)Master’s
Degree in Science/Management with five years’ experience
Note : Selected candidates with Master’s degree will be
encouraged to register for the PhD programme at IIT
3. Project Associate
Rs.20,000/- to Rs.40,000/-
B.Tech / B.E / A.M.I.E /
Master’s Degree in
Science / Management /
MCA with 60% or 6.5
CGPA and above
B.Tech / B.E / AMIE / M.Sc. in relevant disciplines. GATE
qualification is desirable.
Note: Selected candidates can apply for the MS
programme at IIT Madras after six months on the project,
with the supervisor’s recommendation.
4. Project Assistant
A Bachelor’s Degree in
Science or equivalent
with 60% or 6.5 CGPA
60% or 6.5 CGPA and above in the preceding degrees with
two years’ experience in supporting Back Office.
5. Project Technician
ITI Certificate in EE / ECE
/ ME / CS with three
years’ experience /
Diploma in the EE / ECE /
ME / CS
CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY AND SPONSORED RESEARCH
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS
CHENNAI – 600 036
Advertisement No.: ICSR/PR/Advt. 10 /2018 Dated: 23/05/2018
Page 2 of 3
General Instructions to the candidates
1) All the positions are on purely Contract basis.
2) The completion of the period of contract will not confer any right for further extension, regularization, permanency at the Institute.
3) Candidates should apply online only in the website https://icsris.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/ - (Please check the advertisement number
Advt.10/2018 displayed and submit the application for the relevant position).
4) Separate application has to be filled for each post.
5) The system will accept single application only with the registered login ID (email) for an advertisement, hence the candidate is
requested to select the multiple positions (In case, he/she wishes to apply for more than one position) before the submission of
6) The application cannot be edited, reverted once it is submitted.
7) Candidates should not attempt to apply twice for the same post. If multiple applications are received from a candidate for the same
post, his/her candidature will liable to be rejected.
8) Candidates should follow the prescribed procedure for submission of online application.
9) Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by
the Institute through e-mail only.
10) The candidates applying for any post should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for the post. Their admission to any stage
of the selection process will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere
issue of registration certificate / call letter to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
11) After successful online submission of application, a print out of the application form must be obtained and submitted when called for
test. It will be required at the time of document verification/test/interview. Hard copy of the application is NOT to be sent to the
12) Candidates must be citizens of India. Persons who have migrated from Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling in India or
subjects of Nepal are also eligible, but in their case a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India will be necessary for
appointment. Such candidates should apply to the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affairs for necessary certificate and
furnish satisfactory proof of having so applied.
13) The prescribed qualifications are minimum and unless specified, they are required for consideration for the post, even if higher
qualification has been acquired and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for
14) Relevant experience gained after the minimum qualifying degree will only be taken into consideration. Minimum requirements of
qualifications and/or experience can be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates.
15) The experience required is relaxable at the discretion of the Institute in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste /
Scheduled Tribe, if at any stage of selection the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these
communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
16) The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for written / skill test / interview to a reasonable limit on the basis
of qualifications, level and relevance of experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic
achievements. The Institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons therefore.
17) Calling a candidate for test/interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no
assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected or his/her conditions specified in the application will be accepted.
18) Candidates will be short-listed for Test/Interview on the basis of the information provided by them in their online applications. They
must ensure that such information is true. If at any subsequent stage or at the time of Test/Interview any information given by them or
any claim made by them in their online applications is found to be false, their candidature will be liable to be rejected.
19) The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the
tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has clandestine
antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his services shall be liable to be terminated.
20) In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment
letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/ withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidates.
21) Applicants who are working in any one of the Project at IIT Madras, must apply through proper channel otherwise they will be
required to produce No-Objection Certificate at the time of document verification/Test/Interview. Candidates without NOC will not be
permitted to appear for Test/Interview.
Page 3 of 3
22) Candidates may send testimonials from persons intimately acquainted with their work and character. If the applicant is in employment,
he/she should submit testimonials from the most recent employer or immediate superior as a referee.
23) The Institute has a right to decide the mode of screening and testing the applicant for shortlisting and selection.
24) The Institute solely reserves the right not to fill any advertised position without assigning any reason
25) Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
26) No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of test/interview and reasons for not
being called for interview. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
27) The crucial date for determining the eligibility criteria for all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for
submission of online application.
28) The Institute strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
29) Upper age limit for Project Technicians and Project Assistants is 28 years in case of general category (includes OBC) and 30 years in
case of SC / ST candidates. They should not have completed 27 years in case of general category and 29 years in case of SC/ST
candidates as on the date of announcement / advertisement. Other things being equal, preference will be given to SC/ST candidates.
30) Any corrigendum/clarifications on this advertisement, if necessary, shall be uploaded on website and no separate communication will be
sent for this purpose.
31) The last date for submission of online application is 07.06.2018.
32) If there is any issue to submit the application please send E-mail to : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: 044-22579796 / 9778 / 8357 on all working days from 9.00 AM to 05.30 PM (Monday to Friday – except National
Holidays). (Please note, only technical issues will be accepted – No interim correspondence with reference to the selection process will
33) Instructions to apply online:-Eligible applicants would require to register and apply online through Candidates should register and
create a login ID using the urlhttps://icsris.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/and submit the application.
Senior Manager –HR
Centre for IC&SR