Written By Ajit Kumar on Saturday, May 5, 2018 | 12:22 AM
DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
Established by Govt. of Delhi vide Act 6 of 2009
(Formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
SHAHBAD DAULATPUR, BAWANA ROAD, DELHI-110042
No. F.DTU/Rectt./East Campus/Engg.Cell/2018 Dated: 23.04.2018
RECRUITMENT TO NON TEACHING POSTS OF ENGINEERING CELL
(For Main Campus/East Delhi Campus of DTU)
Delhi Technological University is a non‐affiliating; teaching cum research University
engaged in education, research, technology incubation, product innovation and extension
work in Applied Sciences, Engineering, Technology, Management and allied areas and is
committed to foster excellence.
The East Delhi Campus of DTU was established from the academic session 2017-18
with prime focus on Management and Entrepreneurship in the University School of
Management and Entrepreneurship (USME). The Campus is located at Vivek Vihar, Phase II,
Delhi (in the premises of Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies). USME endeavors
to provide quality education, research and innovation in the emerging areas of Management
and allied area relevant to industry and society.
The University invites applications from the experienced and talented individuals to
fill up the following posts:-
S.No.Name of Post For Direct Recruitment For Deputation
No. of Posts* Reservation Status No. of Posts*
UR* SC* ST* OBC*
1 Assistant Engineer (Civil) 01 01 --- --- --- 01
2 Assistant Engineer (Electrical) 01 01 --- --- --- 01
3 Junior Engineer (Civil) 01 01 --- --- --- ---
4 Junior Engineer (Electrical) 01 01 --- --- --- ---
5 Electrician 03 02 --- --- 01 ---
Total No. of Posts 07 06 --- --- 01 02
* The number of vacancies are indicative and may be increased or decreased. The number of
posts advertised is provisional and can be varied as per the requirement of the University
1. Assistant Engineer (Civil/Electrical)_(PB-2, Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4600/-
(6th CPC) Level-7, Entry Pay Rs. 44900/- (7th CPC))
Educational Qualification/Experience required:-
I. Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering from a recognized University or
II. Three (03) years regular service in the grade of Section
Officer/Supervisor/Overseer/Junior Engineer (Level-6) in projects in the appropriate
I. Diploma from recognized board/ University in appropriate branch of Engineering.
II. Five (05) years regular service in the grade of Section Officer/Overseer/Junior
Engineer (Level-6) in appropriate branch of engineering
I. Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering.
For Deputation: Person holding analogous post in the relevant field in similarly
placed/institute/organization/University possessing qualification prescribed for direct
Section Officer/Supervisor/Overseer/Junior Engineer (Level-6) having Degree in appropriate
branch in Engineering and three (03) years regular service in the grade.
Section Officer/Supervisor/Overseer/Junior Engineer (Level-6) having Diploma in
appropriate branch in Engineering and five (05) years regular service in the grade.
2. Junior Engineer (Civil/Electrical)_( PB-2, Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
(6th CPC) Level-6, Entry Pay Rs.35400/- (7th CPC)
Educational Qualification required:-
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in the relevant field from a recognized university or
Diploma in Engineering in the relevant field from a recognized Board/University.
3. Electrician_( PB-1, Rs.5200-20,200 Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (6th CPC) Level-2, Entry
Pay Rs.19900/- (7th CPC) )
Educational Qualification required:-
(i) Passed 10th standard or equivalent
(ii) ITI Certificate in Electrical Trade.
Age limit for all above mentioned posts: 35 years
Relaxable for Govt. servants/SC/ST/OBC/PH etc., as per instructions issued by the Govt. of
NCT of Delhi/DTU from time to time. Crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the
last date for receipt of applications.
The candidates are required to fill up the online application form and also send the print out
of online application form with the desired/relevant documents. The application fee will be
acceptable through online mode only. The application fee shall be Rs.500/- in case of
General/OBC candidates and Rs.250/- in case of SC/ST/PH Category candidates for
applications in case of direct recruitment. No other mode of payment will be accepted by the
University. There shall be no application fee in case of deputation. The candidates are
directed to attach the print out of online fee receipt with hard copy of Application Form. The
application with supporting documents should reach to the Registrar, Delhi Technological
University before the last date of receipt of applications, i.e., 05.06.2018. Candidates are
advised to visit University website i.e. www.dtu.ac.in from time to time for further
notifications with regard to dates for written examination and skill test etc.
General Instructions for all Candidates
1. The candidate must be citizen of India.
2. Employment of the University shall be governed by the Acts, Statutes, Rules and
Regulations, Service Conditions, as may be notified by the University from time to
3. Applications should be submitted online on University website www.dtu.ac.in before
the last date for inviting such applications. All columns must be filled in the online
application form. No column should be left blank, instead it should be marked “N.A.”
wherever not applicable.
4. A print out of the online Application Form accompanied by self attested copies of
Educational and Professional Qualifications, Experience, Caste Certificate/PH
Certificate/Ex-Serviceman certificate (in case claiming benefit of reservation) must
also be submitted at the University campus in the
6. The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised and
no correspondence whatsoever from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct,
result and reason for not being shortlisted will be entertained.
7. The number of vacancies are indicative and may be increased or decreased. The
number of posts advertised is provisional and can be varied as per the requirement of
8. All appointments shall be made on temporary basis.
9. Reservation benefits will be available to the SC/ST/OBC/PH category candidates in
accordance with the instructions / orders / circulars issued from time to time by the
Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The reservation benefits under SC/ST categories shall be
admissible as per judgment dated 12.9.2012 of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi as passed
in No. 5390/2010, CM No. 20815/2010 – Deepak Kumar and Ors Vs District and
Sessions Judge, Delhi and Ors. as per which SC/ST candidates of other States/UTs
shall also be eligible for reservation benefit. However, this shall be further subject to
policy decision of Govt. of NCT of Delhi for SC/ST migrants of other States.
10. The OBC candidates must be in possession of filled prescribed Annexure I, alongwith
his/her caste certificate issued by the Govt. of Delhi only.
11. Abbreviations used are denoted as under : UR-Un-Reserved (General), SC- Scheduled
Caste, ST- Scheduled Tribe, OBC-Other Backward Classes, PH - Physically
12. The candidates applying for more than one post should submit separate application
form alongwith requisite fee for each post.
13. The Educational qualification, age, experience and other conditions of eligibility as
stipulated above against each post shall be determined as on the closing date of receipt
14. The persons already in employment in Govt. Department/Autonomous Bodies/
Universities under Central /State Government should submit the copy of online
application alongwith its enclosures through proper channel.
15. The persons, working in private organizations, claiming previous experience of
working in Govt. Department/Autonomous Bodies/ Universities under Central /State
Government should enclose a certificate from that Government organization stating
no Vigilance or Disciplinary case was pending or contemplated against them. Failure
to provide the same shall make them ineligible for consideration to the post.
16. Candidates must ensure that their application must reach the University well in time.
The University will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss.
17. No TA/DA in connection with the submission of application form or appearing in the
examination/interview will be paid to the candidate.
18. No enquiry in person or in writing for recruitment shall be entertained.
19. If the qualification possessed by the candidate is equivalent, then the authority (with
number and date) under which it has been so treated must be indicated and its copy
may also be attached.
20. No documents will be accepted or considered by the University after submission of
copy of online application form by the candidate and no subsequent request for its
change will be considered or granted.
21. In case of any query candidate may enquire at email id firstname.lastname@example.org or
email@example.com or call at 01127871044-45, Ext. No. 1123.
22. Any dispute with regard to this recruitment will be subject to the Courts/Tribunals
having jurisdiction over Delhi.