Written By Ajit Kumar on Friday, June 16, 2017 | 11:34 PM
National Aluminium Company Ltd.
(A Government of India Enterprise)
M&R Complex , Damanjodi
Ref No: TRG/01/05/290 Date: 09/06/2017
ENGAGEMENT OF TRADE APPRENTICES FOR THE YEAR 2017-18
As per the provisions of the Apprentices Act, 1961, we are required to engage Trade Apprentices during the year 2017-18 as per the sanctioned quota allotted to NALCO, Damanjodi by RDAT, Kolkata. All 330 Apprentices shall be engaged from the following groups subject to meeting the standards of educational qualification & physical fitness as provided under Section 3 of the Apprentices Act,1961 read with Rule 3 & Rule 4 of the Apprentices Rules’1992.
The qualification required for engagement of Trade Apprentice in different trades is mentioned in the table below.
Trade : Fitter, Turner, Welder, Machinist, Mechanic Motor Vehicle (MMV), Electrician,
Electronic Mechanic, Instrument Mechanic, PASAA (COPA).
1) Passed 10th class examination under 10+2
system of education or its equivalent.
2) ITI pass in relevant trade.
Groups to be taken as Zone of Consideration for vacancy distribution
The total number of trade apprentices to be engaged (330 seats) are distributed as follows:
Group Description of Groups Application Certifying
Dependents of existing employees of M&R Complex including children
of separated employees of M&R Complex on account of Superannuation,
Death or VRS.
Concerned unit HRD
Candidates belonging to Land Affected Category of M&R Complex
including LDPs and SAPs (With genealogical relationship with the land
loser and only one candidate from a single family is allowed )
NALCO PD CELL /
Candidates from the peripheral villages situated with in 10Km radius of
Mines & Refinery from the Blocks namely NARAYANPATNA,
LAXMIPUR, DASAMANTHPUR, and SEMILIGUDA &
KORAPUT. Group -C is subdivided in to C1&C2
C1 - Narayanpatna, Laxmipur, and Dasamanthapur.
C2 – Semiliguda, Koraput.
(Nativity Certificate issued on or after 01st January-2017 by the
Appropriate Government Authority to be produced).
NALCO PD CELL /
i) Dependent children of employees of associated agencies of NALCO
such as DPS, SVM, CISF, Banks, Post Office, Nalco club, NEMCS,
Community Centre, Contractors Establishments of M&R & other
PSUs/Govt. agencies situated at Damanjodi.
ii) Dependent children of employees of associated agencies of NALCO
such as Temple, Church, Masjid, and Authorized allotted shop owners
in inside the Nalco town ship, surkhya vihar, various social/cultural/spiritual institutions operating inside the township, with the permission of management, situated at Damanjodi.(Affidavit should
be submitted by applicant along with the form for dependent
declaration for Group- D (ii) )
Head of the respective
Agencies / Institutions
and countersigned by
respective HRD /
E E-1- Left Over Candidates from above Groups ( (A,B,C&D)
(i) Candidates completed ITI in Koraput District.
(ii) Candidates native of Koraput District ( Candidates native of
Koraput district ,completed ITI from outside Koraput district must
submit Nativity Certificate issued on or after 01st January-2017 by the
Appropriate Government Authority along with application)
Land Section / Document
N.B:- Candidates applying under Group -A&D must carry the certification of the appropriate authority in the appropriate
column of the standard Application form enclosed to this Circular before sending the application to NALCO, HRD Centre, M&R
SELECTION PROCEDURE TO BE ADOPTED:-
Selection will be done subject to meeting the eligibility criteria mentioned over leaf as per the following weighted method of calculation.
Calculation will be done as follows.
a) HSC (10th) marks 45%
b) ITI marks 45%
c) Seniority factor 10 %
Final merit list candidates will be called for Document verification based on the selection committee recommendations
( Seniority factor is calculated on 0-10 point scale .That is, in a 10 Point scale ‘0’ marks will be given for a fresher who passed
ITI in the year 2016 and ‘5’ marks for the candidate, who passed ITI in the year 2015 & ‘10’ marks to those who passed in the year
Applications are invited from the interested candidates in the enclosed format along with the attested copies of the following certificates
1. All applicants must register in apprentice portal (www.apprenticeship.gov.in) and produce proof for the same along with
2. HSC (10th ) Certificate and Mark Sheet.
3. ITI pass certificate issued by NCVT/ SCTE & VT, Odisha wherever applicable.
4. Candidates applying under ST / PWD category should produce Valid Certificate from Appropriate Authority.
5. Candidates applying under SC category should produce Valid Certificate from Appropriate Authority. (Issued on or after 01st
January 2017).Otherwise application will not be considered.
6. The Nativity certificate from the concerned Revenue Authority (Tahsildar) in case the Applicant belongs to Group – C & E-2(ii).
Otherwise application will not be considered.
1) Applicants not belonging to any of the above Groups AND/OR not meeting the above specified requirements need not
2) A candidate can apply for more than one Groups in the standard Application Form. In case a candidates is applying for
multiple Groups his candidature will be considered in the descending order i.e Employee, Land Affected, Peripheral
villages, Associated Agencies & Candidates Completed ITI from Koraput district / Native of Koraput district.
3) Vacant seats of the trades within each Group will be filled from other trades of the same group in the proportion of the no.of
4) The vacant seats across the groups will be filled by the candidate from the other groups in cyclic order and cycle starts from
Group –A to Group –B to Group –C to Group –D to Group–E and then to Group –A .
5) Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PWD will be maintained taking the overall seats of all the groups & trades into account as
per the provisions of Apprentice Act, 1961 & Apprentice Rules 1992.
6) Candidates who passed ITI examination before 2014 need not apply.
7) Engagement of Apprentices is carried out Under Apprentices Act, 1961and Apprentice Rules 1992.
8) In case of CGPA in HSC it will be converted to equivalent percentage by multiplying CGPA with 9.5 while calculating
9) If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any stage of the selection process or during training he/she will not be considered
for apprenticeship or his/her training will be terminated as the case may be.
10) Applications accompanied by certificates issued beyond the stipulated date will not be entertained.
11) The filled in application along with the requisite documents is to be sent through Ordinary Post to
Manager (HRD)-Training, HRD Centre, Alumina Refinery, NALCO, M&R Complex, Damanjodi, 763008. Koraput
(Dist.), Odisha (OR) DROP BOX provided at HRD Centre, Damanjodi to submit applications in closed envelope.
12) Since the selection is based on the particulars furnished by the candidate in the application for deciding merit, any
incomplete application, absence of required enclosure will lead to summarily rejection of the candidature without any further
correspondence and communication in this regard.
The last date of receipt of application is 01/07/2017 (Saturday). Applications received after the cutoff date or submitted
without the requisite documents & incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected without any intimation to the concerned
for application : https://www.nalcoindia.com/CIRCULAR%20AND%20APPLICATION%20FORM%20FOR%20ENGAGEMENT%20OF%20TRADE%20APPRENTICES%202017-18.pdf
Posted by Ajit Kumar at 11:34 PM