RECRUITMENT OF DESIGN ENGINEERS ON CONTRACT
(Ref: Advertisement No. : CEIL/HR&A/Advt./2017-18/002)
Certification Engineers International Ltd. (CEIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary Company of Engineers India Ltd. (EIL), A Government of India Undertaking. CEIL is a leading player in the areas of certification/re-certification of offshore and onshore oil & gas facilities; independent design analysis of structures, foundations & pipelines; quality surveillance/certification at fabrication yards, during installations, pre-commissioning & commissioning; third party inspections etc.
In order to provide technical Services, CEIL invites applications from Experienced Design engineers for engagement purely on Contract basis for a period up to one year subject to satisfactory performance, extendable (if required ) up to 36 months or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier after which the employment with CEIL stands terminated. In no case the contract will be extended beyond 36 Months. CEIL’s decision in this regard is final & binding. The positions are multi-functional & engineers will be required to work anywhere in India. The candidate should be willing to move anywhere in India as per project requirement when called for.
Full time Bachelor Degree / Diploma (with Minimum 50% marks) in Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Civil & Structural / Chemical/Mining / Coastal Engineering discipline (as per Project requirement) from a recognized University/Institute.
For Urban Planner/ Regenerist: Masters in Architecture in Urban Planning/ Urban Regenerist (with Minimum 50% marks) from a recognized University/Institute.
Post Qualification Experience: Applicant should have relevant experience as under:
For Process (Chemical- Hydrocarbon) Engineer: Relevant Experience and familiarity in process design activity such as P&IDs, PFDs, utilities designs, flare system etc. pertaining to polymer plant or refinery or petrochemical industry.
For Process (Chemical- Alumina) Engineer: Relevant Experience and familiarity in process design activity such pertaining to Alumina industry (Consultancy and / or Plant operation experience).
For Piping including Stress Analyst (Mechanical): Relevant Experience in Process unit Equipment layouts, Pipe rack and technology structure configuration, Bulk material MTO generation and procurement, PMS and VMS specifications, stress analyst in piping in refinery or petrochemical or power plant. Well versed with OISD and Worked on software like CAESOR, 3D PDMS /PDS/SP3D modelings.
For Equipment Design-Mechanical (Static, Fired and Rotating): Relevant design experience of Columns, Reactors, Heat exchangers, Filters, Coalesors, Air coolers, cold boxes etc. for Static Equipment and Pumps, Compressors etc. for Rotating Equipment in Refinery or Petrochemical.
For Structural Engineer -
a) Civil & Structural: Relevant experience in design of foundation, RCC superstructure, Structural steel along with knowledge of 3D Modeling/Tekla, Fire Proofing etc. This experience shall be in the field of Refinery & Hydrocarbon sector in Process units or offsite & utility or power plant etc.
b) Water Supply: Work experience in Design and engineering of “MUNICIPAL WATER SUPPLY PROJECTS” including design work experience in Raw Water Intake works i.e. Intake Well, Production Wells for different capacities, Design of Rising Mains, Design of Distribution Network from ESR / UGR. The candidate shall be conversant to CPHEEO Manual for Water Supply and shall be familiar with Water Supply Software like Pipenet / EPAnet / Water Gem.
For Electrical Engineer: Relevant experience in design of Electrical system for refinery or hydrocarbon sector with hands on software for power system studies, design & knowledge in development of single line diagram, Hazardous area classification, Electrical load analysis, equipment sizing, detailed engineering experience such as Substation /cable /Lighting layouts, well versed with 3D modelling, Relay co-ordination, procurement engg. are essentially required.
For Instrumentation Engineer: Relevant experience in design and engineering of Instrumentation system, including sizing, selection of field instrumentation , DCS and PLC system, Analyser, Procurement engineering, detail engineering for refinery or hydrocarbon sector. Hands on experience in international software tools like SPI etc.is preferred.
For Mining Engineer: Degree in mining Engineering as minimum. Holding RQP certificate (validity for one year minimum) or first class mines manager certificate. Knowledge in mining software & its use are desirable. Experience to work in consultancy organization or at mines (preferably bauxite, Iron ore, etc.)
For Port Engineer (Civil & Structural): Degree in Civil/Coastal engineering. Relevant experience in planning & design of port and marine structures, jetties, wharfs, pump-houses. This experience shall be in the field of Port & Harbour sector.
For HVAC Engineer: Graduate Mechanical / HVAC Engineer having relevant experience as HVAC Designer for Airport jobs as per National / International Standards, experience in CFD Analysis and HVAC Software, experience of HVAC Design in Sub-Zero Temperature.
For Supply Chain Engineer: Graduate Engineer (interdisciplinary) having relevant experience of procurement related to mechanical, electrical, equipment including preparation of NIT/RFQ for site works, preparation of purchase order, contracts, commercial evaluation and recommendation for various refineries or petrochemical or power plant.
For Urban Planner/Regenerist: The candidate shall have Extensive In-depth knowhow of the SMART City mission and various Initiatives under taken by GoI. Should have worked for preparation of SMART City proposals. The candidate necessarily requires to have good writing and graphical skills. The candidate should be confident and be capable of displaying good presentation skills. The candidate should have worked in Domains for Group Housing, Airports etc.
Place of Posting :
The place of posting shall be anywhere in India.
Outstation / Overseas assignment:
Travel / Daily allowances shall be as per company Rules for assignment other than place of posting in India as well as overseas.
The Position and other details for Design Engineers are as under:
Position Designation PQ Age salary Per month (in Rs.)
For Degree Holders For Diploma Holders For Degree Holders For Diploma Holders
Design Engineer 2 Years 6 Years 30 Years 35 years 55000
Sr. Design Engineer 6 Years 10 Years 35 Years 40 years 68000
Dy. Design Manager 10 Years 14 Years 40 Years 45 years 83000
Design Manager 14 Years 18 Years 45 Years 50 years 96000
Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates shall be as per Govt. of India guidelines. Relaxation in age by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates will be given. Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC(non creamy layer)/PD candidates will be as per presidential directives. Upper Age limit for persons with disabilities (PwD) shall be as per Government Guidelines.
Computer proficiency is essential. Company reserves the right to relax the above conditions in exceptional cases.
Prescribed Educational Qualifications & no. of year of experience are the minimum qualifying criteria. Mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates for interview. CEIL also reserves the right to reject any candidature without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Job is purely on temporary basis and does not carry any liability on CEIL for regular appointment at any stage. In no case the contract period will be extended beyond 36 months.
The number of vacancy can vary and will solely dependent on project requirements.
Management reserves right to cancel/ restrict/modify/alter selection/recruitment process at any stage without issuing any notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
No perks or allowances, other than the consolidated salary mentioned above, would be admissible. In case of extension beyond one year of service, increment @ 3% every year on the Basic salary will be considered for next 2 years.
CEIL will provide Medical Insurance upto 1 lac per employee, Group Personal Accident Insurance (50 times of the respective Basic pay). Provident fund contribution shall be @12% of basic.
No TA/DA will be given for attending interviews.
Candidates should be of sound health and have to provide Medical Fitness Certificate from Government Hospital / Company Nominated Hospital at the time of joining.
How to apply:
1) Candidates Fulfilling the Qualification and experienced Criteria may apply in the Approved Pro Forma (Annexure A) along with relevant documents.
2) Only those who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria need apply. If at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified. CEIL reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
3) Completed Applications as per format (Annexure-A) along with self-attested certificates pertaining to Educational Qualification (Including mark sheet in support of 50% marks secured), Professional Qualification, Date of birth bearing 10th marksheet or birth certificate, Caste Certificate and Post Qualification Experience should be emailed to following email address:
In the subject line of email, the candidate must write the relevant discipline mentioned as under :
Process Design / Piping Design / Piping Stress Analyst / Mech. Eqpt. Design / Structural Engrs. / Civil Engineer / Electrical / Instrumentation / Supply Chain / Mining Engineer / Architect(Urban Planner / Regenerist) / HVAC Engineer.
For example: If a candidate is sending application for position of Design engineer related to process design discipline, the subject line shall be:
“Application for Design Engineer- Process Design”
4) CEIL shall not be responsible for any loss of email. No request in this regard will be entertained.
5) Schedule of Submission of Application: Last date of receipt of applications in the approved format through e mail shall be within one month from the date of publication of Advertisement in Times of India and Employment News whichever is later.
6) Short listed candidates will be informed about the Date, time and venue of the Interviews through email mentioned in the CV. Interviews will be held at CEIL offices in New Delhi , Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata and Vadodara.
7) Screening and selection will be based on the details provided in the application form received in the mail hence it is necessary that only accurate, full and correct information is furnished by the applicants. Furnishing of wrong/false information will be a disqualification and CEIL will NOT be responsible for disqualification as a consequence of furnishing of such wrong/false information
8) The e-mail address specified in the application should be valid/ functional for at least 24 months from the date of the submission of application. Kindly ensure that your email is valid and operational. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Interviews.
9) Depending upon the requirement, CEIL reserves the right to cancel / curtail /increase the no. of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
10) Selected candidates will be on panel and appointment letters will be issued as per requirement.
11) Initial Requirement Discipline wise for different positions is as below:
Sr.No.Discipline Position Requirement (Nos.)
1 Process Design Sr. Design Engineer 4
Dy. Design Manager 2
Design Manager 3
2 Piping Design Design Engineer 2
(incl. Stress Analysis) Sr. Design Engineer 11
Dy. Design Manager 11
3 Piping Stress analyst Design Engineer 14
4 Mechanical Equipment Design
a) Static Equipment Design Engineer 1
Sr. Design Engineer 5
Dy. Design Manager 1
b) Rotary Equipment Sr. Design Engineer 2
Design Manager 1
c) Fired Equipment Sr. Design Engineer 2
5 Structural Engineers Design Engineer 7
Sr. Design Engineer 7
Dy. Design Manager 4
6 Civil Engineers Sr. Design Engineer 3
Dy. Design Manager 1
Design Manager 2
7 Electrical Design Engineer 2
Sr. Design Engineer 5
Dy. Design Manager 3
8 Instrumentation Design Engineer 2
Sr. Design Engineer 5
Dy. Design Manager 1
9 Supply Chain C&P Engineer 7
Sr. C&P Engineer 3
10 Process Design / Operation Dy. Design Manager 1
11 Mining Engineer Dy. Design Manager 1
12 Architect (Urban Planner / Regenerist) Design Engineer 1
13 HVAC Engineer Dy. Design Manager 1
12) Balance requirements for next 1-2 year will be displayed on CEIL Website Quarterly on ,1st October ‘2017 , 1st December’2017 and 1st April’2018 and 1st June’2018. Interviews will be conducted as per requirement.
13) Contractual engagement may be terminated by CEIL at any time at its sole discretion without assigning any reason if Performance / conduct is found unsatisfactory. The employment shall be governed as per CEIL's Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules.
14) For termination of employment during the currency of contract of appointment but except on the expiration of the contract, one month’s notice in writing shall be given or one month’s consolidated pay in lieu of such notice shall be paid, by CEIL or by candidate , as the case may be, without assigning any reason.
15) Candidates are advised to periodically check the site for further updates.
16) If there are more eligible applicants, the number of candidates to be called will be restricted in proportion to the requirement based on academic excellence, age, experience.
17) Candidates are required to bring the following Original Certificates at the time of interview :
-Proof of age.
- Educational qualifications (all mark sheet & certificates).
-Service Certificate of past employment & proof of date of joining & its continuity in the present organization (if applicable).
-Copy of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Class (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) Certificate (if applicable) from Competent Authority. OBC certificate produced by candidate should clearly indicate that they do not belong to creamy layer.
18) Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
19) Any dispute with regard to the recruitment against this advertisement will be under the jurisdiction of New Delhi court only.
CV shall be sent by the appllicant from his/her email ID.
CV in the approved Bio-Data Format (Annexure-A) with attachments shall ONLY be considered for short-listing. (CV without attachment/s shall be rejected.)
No email shall be sent to individual for missing documents.
The Last Date for applying: 16-July-2017