Government of India
Department of Atomic Energy
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research
Kalpakkam – 603 102
ADVERTISEMENT No. 01/2016
IGCAR invites applications from willing and eligible candidates to apply ON-LINE through our website www.igcar.gov.in for the following posts.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION ONLINE: 18 TH MARCH 2016 AT 1700 HOURS (IST)
AGE LIMIT AS ON THE LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION ONLINE (18.03.2016):
Name of the post Prescribed age limit
Technician “C” Up to 27 years
Stipendiary Trainee Category – II Between 18 to 22 years
RELAXATION IN UPPER AGE LIMIT:
a) Relaxation upto 5 years against posts reserved for SC/ST.
b) Relaxation upto 3 years against posts reserved for OBC.
c) Relaxation for Ex-Servicemen will be provided as per rules.
d) Central Government servants/ Departmental candidates who have rendered not less than 03 years
continuous and regular services in the same line or allied cadre as on 18.03.2016 are eligible for relaxation in upper age limit as per Government orders.
e) Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to persons who had ordinarily been
domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
f) Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to Children/Family members of those who
died in the 1984 riots.
NOTE: ONLY SSC/MATRICULATION/HSC CERTIFICATE OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE WILL BE ACCEPTED
AS PROOF OF DATE OF BIRTH, NO SUBSEQUENT REQUEST FOR CHANGE SHALL BE GRANTED.
EMOLUMENTS FOR THE POST OF TECHNICIAN “C”: Pay of `7510 in the Pay Band `5200 – `20200 + Grade
Pay `2400. In addition they will be eligible for allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules.
Stipendiary Trainees Category II will have to undergo a training of two years’ duration. The training
programme will comprise of six months theoretical (class room) training and 18 months of on the job training.
Stipend payable during training `6200/= per month for 1 st year and `7200/= per month for 2 nd year.
On successful completion of training, the Stipendiary Trainee Category II shall be absorbed in the
following posts depending upon their performance during the period of training and interview to be held at the
end of the training:
Position Pay Band Grade Pay
Technician “B” `5200 – `20200 `2000
Technician “C” `5200 – `20200 `2400
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR THE INFORMATION OF APPLICANTS
1. Only SC/ST candidates from out-station are eligible for reimbursement of to & fro Sleeper Class rail fare by
shortest route on production of rail/bus tickets provided they are not working under any Central/State
Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Corporations/Local Govt./Panchayats etc.
2. Candidates selected against this advertisement are likely to be posted at IGCAR, Kalpakkam but are liable to
serve in any part of India and in any of the constituent unit of the Department of Atomic Energy.
3. The filling up of vacancies indicated in the advertisement is subject to the approval of the Competent
Authority and may not be filled up if decided otherwise in terms of the orders issued by Government from
time to time.
4. The nature of duties to be performed by the above categories involves working in round-the-clock shift duties,
in operational plants and areas.
5. Persons who are appointed against the above posts, will be covered under the New Pension System as
notified by the Government of India.
6. Any subsequent amendment/modification will be notified through our website which may be referred to by the
7. METHOD OF SELECTION:
FOR TECHNICIAN/C: The recruitment shall comprise of two stages – Written Examination and Trade
Test. The written examination shall be in Maths, Physics, Chemistry of HSC / SSC level and the
respective trades of ITI level in the form of an objective type paper. Only those candidates who qualify in
the written examination will be called for trade test.
FOR STIPENDIARY TRAINEE CATEGORY – II: The recruitment shall comprise of Written Examination
only. The written examination shall be in Maths, Physics, Chemistry of HSC / SSC level and the
respective trades of ITI level in the form of an objective type paper.
8. Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility conditions mentioned in
advertisement. Candidates should ensure that they fill in the correct information. The candidate would be
admitted to various stages of the recruitment process based on the information furnished by the candidate in
his/her application. Only a summary scrutiny of the application would be made before the final stage of the
recruitment process and detailed scrutiny of the eligibility of the candidate would be done only at the final
stage of the recruitment process. As such, the candidature of the applicant shall remain provisional till
detailed scrutiny is undertaken and the candidate is found eligible in all respect. IGCAR would be at liberty to
reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found ineligible for the post
or if it comes to notice that the candidate has furnished false information. The mere fact that a call letter has
been issued to the candidate and allowed to appear in a written/Trade test will not imply that his/her
candidature has been finally cleared or that entries made by the candidate in his/her application have been
accepted as true and correct.
HOW TO APPLY:
i) Candidates should apply only through online in our website www.igcar.gov.in under the tab "Recruitment".
The relevant link for submitting the application through online will be made available from 05-02-2016 at
10:00 AM and will be closed on 18-03-2016 at 05:00 PM. Separate application should be submitted online
for each post.
ii) Applications will be accepted online only. Before filling application online, candidates should keep ready the
necessary documents / certificates required. Candidates should also keep ready their passport size
photograph in JPEG format with size not exceeding 200 KB and their signature in JPEG format with size not
exceeding 50 KB. Online application form should be filled with all the relevant details. Photograph and
signature should be uploaded in the application form.
iii) A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number is mandatory for registration and email ID should be kept active till the
declaration of results. IGCAR will send Hall Tickets for Written Examination/Trade Test. to the registered /
given e-mail ID only. No correspondence will be sent through post/courier.
iv) All the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied,
Community, Educational qualification, Date of birth, Address, e-mail ID, etc. will be considered as final and
no modifications will be allowed after the final submission of the application. Candidates are requested to fill
in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be
v) Candidates are requested to note down the application registration number (ARN) generated by the system
for printing the application using ARN number and date of birth (entered while filling the application online).
vi) Candidates should produce the printout of the application generated by the system with the unique
registration number through online along with the following supporting documents in support of the claims
made in online application, at the time of appearing for the Written Examination.
a) Enclose one passport size photograph duly signed.
b) Self-attested xerox copy for proof for Date of birth (Only SSC/Matriculation/HSC certificate, birth
certificate will be accepted as proof of date of birth)
c) Self-attested xerox copy of certificates in support of Educational qualification and technical qualification.
d) Self-attested xerox copy of Community Certificate issued by authorized authority in the prescribed format
(for SC/ST/OBC format is available on the IGCAR website itself and for OBC community included in the
Central list of OBC)
e) Self-attested xerox copy of Disability Certificate issued by appropriate authority.
f) Self-attested xerox copy of Discharge Certificate from Armed Forces in case of Ex-Servicemen.
g) Self-attested xerox copy of experience certificate in the relevant trade.
Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the Written Examination if they fail to bring the printed
online application form at the time of Written Examination. Candidates should also produce the original
certificates for verification at the time of Written Examination.
Persons working under the Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings should submit “NO OBJECTION
CERTIFICATE” at the time of written examination.
NOTE: Applications which are not in conformity with the requirements will be rejected. Mere fulfilling of
requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for written examination / trade test.
No correspondence will be entertained with candidates not selected for written examination / trade test.
For any clarification candidates may contact:
1) Administrative Officer – III[R&SR]
Phone : 044 – 27480234
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Assistant Administrative Officer [R]
Phone : 044 – 27480038
E-mail : email@example.com
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL BE A DISQUALIFICATION.
RECORD OF THE NON-SELECTED CANDIDATES SHALL NOT BE PRESERVED BEYOND 6 MONTHS
FROM THE DATE OF PUBLICATION OF SELECT LIST.
"GOVERNMENT STRIVES TO HAVE A WORKFORCE WHICH REFLECTS GENDER BALANCE AND
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY"
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) was established in the year 1971, under the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. The centre is engaged in broad based multidisciplinary programme of scientific research and advanced engineering directed towards the development of sodium cooled Fast Breeder Reactor (FBR) technology. This is part of the second stage of Indian Atomic Energy Programme, which is aimed at preparing the country for utilization of the extensive Thorium reserves and providing means to meet the large demands of electrical energy in 21st century.
Fast Breeder Test Reactor (FBTR) based on unique mixed Plutonium Uranium Carbide fuel, first of its kind in the world and KAMINI Reactor, the only operating Reactor in the World using U233 fuel are successfully operated. The design of 500 MWe Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR) is completed and the construction is in progress.
- Read the advertisement carefully before starting your application process. The advertisement can be downloaded from the advertisement section on the home page.
- Ensure that you have thoroughly read and understood the eligibility criteria related to, educational qualification, desired experience, age limit and age relaxation, mentioned in the advertisement pertaining to the post you are applying for. Collect the necessary data before starting to apply online.
- Separate application should be submitted for each post in case you wish to apply for more than one post. Do not submit duplicate applications for a single post.
- Provide valid and active email address and mobile number.
- Firefox version 3+ and Google Chrome browsers are compatible for this website.
- Install Acrobat PDF Reader version 6+ on your computer.
- If Captcha Image does not appear after the page has loaded, please stop the anti-virus software installed on your system and reload the page.
- Online Application procedure:
- Before Application Filling: Candidates are required to get a Passport Size Photo in 'jpeg' format not exceeding 200KB and scan their signature in 'jpeg' format not exceeding 50KB, to be uploaded in the application form.
- Click on the link at the bottom of this page to start the application. The Application form submission consists of 3 steps:
- 1. Select Post: Select the appropriate advertisement number from the drop down menu. Then select the post and code from the menus that appear. Refer to the advertisement for selection of code. Click 'Apply' to go to the fill application step.
- 2. Fill Application: Fill the application form correctly, providing all the mandatory details. Application page expires if kept idle for 15 minutes. Page expiry indication is given by a timer displayed at the bottom right corner of the page. Please verify the details before submitting the form as the application cannot be edited after submission. Click on 'Submit' to submit the application.
- 3. Print Application: After successful submission of application, you will get a unique application registration number (ARN) and you will be able to download the pdf of Application. You can also download the application form later from the Print Application page by providing the ARN and your date of birth.
- Candidates are requested to keep the copy of the application generated by the system with the Application Registration Number (ARN) for producing the same at the time of appearing for subsequent selection process.
- Status of the advertisement will be updated periodically on the IGCAR website
- For any clarification candidates may contact:
- Administrative Officer-III[R&SR]
Phone : 044-27480234
E-mail : aor<at>igcar<dot>gov<dot>in
- Assistant Administrative Officer[R]
Phone : 044-27480038
E-mail : rect<at>igcar<dot>gov<dot>in
- Administrative Officer-III[R&SR]