Written By Ajit Kumar on Wednesday, February 3, 2016 | 12:04 AM
15 professors, 4 Assistant and 19 Associate posts for Banaras Hindu University
Last date: 10.2.2016
General Instructions to the Candidates
1. Banaras Hindu University is following the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for
Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the
Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2010 and its subsequent amendments UGC (2nd
Amendment), Regulations, 2013 (hereinafter referred as UGC Regulations 2010) which have come in
force w.e.f. 30-6-2010. Accordingly, for teachers in the Faculties of Agriculture and Veterinary Science, the
norms/regulations of Indian Council of Agricultural Research; for Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing
and AYUSH, the norms/Regulations of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India; for
Faculty of Education, the norms/Regulations formulated in consultations with National Council of Teacher
Education; for Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Management/Business Administration, the
norms/Regulations formulated in consultations with All India Council for Technical Education; and for the
qualifications in the field of rehabilitation and special education at Degree, PG Diploma and Masters level,
the norms/Regulations formulated in consultations with Rehabilitation Council of India, shall apply.
2. The composite rolling advertisement will remain alive all the time and will be updated every time when a
new vacancy is created or when the earlier advertised positions are filled up by selection. The prospective
applicants, therefore, can apply anytime of the year, but the applications will be processed after the cutoff
dates indicated beforehand on the website.
3. There shall be two cutoff dates in a calendar year, 6 months apart. The applications received till the cutoff
date shall be processed further for shortlisting and conduct of selection committee. Applications received
after the cutoff date shall be processed further during the next round of selection process subject to the
condition that the vacancy continues in the composite rolling advertisement after completion of the selection
process in hand. However, the University can further process even the applications received after the
aforesaid prescribed cutoff date for the ensuing round of selection, from Candidates who obtain a "Quality
Score" of 70 or above on a 100 point scale. For description of quality score, please refer to the shortlisting
4. There shall not be any application fee for teaching posts.
5. Online mode of submission of applications shall be essential. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves
before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the
6. Applicants shall first register on the Recruitment & Assessment Cell portal on the BHU website, after which,
they can fill up the prescribed electronic application form online. Separate applications shall be submitted
for different positions.
7. Before starting to fill up the form, please ensure keeping ready a digital copy of passport size photograph in
JPEG format not exceeding 50 kb in file size and digital copies of some best publications, if any, for uploading.
8. While filling the online application, if the browser closes unexpectedly or if the candidate is logged out,
he/she may use the login information sent to his/her email to login again.
9. Please ensure to enter all your research publications and other Academic/Research contributions in the
online application. Only the information entered in the online applications will be taken into account for
deciding eligibility and/or shortlisting. Uploading digital copies of publications is optional. Filling all
mandatory fields is required to make your application Complete.
10. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
11. There are several Tabs in your application. After completing each tab, you should click on “Save and
Proceed” button to save the information and move to the next tab. Completing all tabs is necessary. After
filling all tabs, the candidate can finally submit his application. Please note that you cannot make any
changes after that
12. In case of any technical problems, please send an email to email@example.com
13. On successful submission, the applicant will come across a link to download a PDF of the application, which
he/she will have to print and send to BHU after signing it and having it forwarded by his employer, if any,
enclosing therewith the copies of the relevant certificates and documents, so as to reach BHU by the cutoff
14. Please note that sending the duly signed printout of the PDF alongwith all enclosures is mandatory without
which the applications may not be considered for further processing. Mere eligibility will not entitle any
candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the
candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given
preference. Candidates must send self-attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation
(10th Standard) onwards in support of their qualifications and reprints of publications and certificates in
support of their API score claimed (for teaching positions) for the post alongwith the hard copy of the
15. Applicants may update their qualifications and other academic achievements, etc. (for API/Quality score)
by logging-in in the portal using their login ID and Password till cutoff date as prescribed under the
particular Rolling Advertisement. Applicants are not allowed to update their application beyond the cutoff
date. However, if the post remains unfilled till the next cut-off date, the candidates will be permitted to
update their applications by the cutoff date. The eligibility of candidate for a particular round of selection
shall be decided as on the cutoff date of that round.
16. Good Academic Record for all teaching positions shall be as defined in the Ordinance.
17. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a
recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
18. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. degree holders, who have
obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
19. The relaxation of marks for the SC/ST/Specially-abled (Physically and Visually specially abled) categories
will be as per UGC Regulations on Minimum qualifications for appointment of Teachers and Other
Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher
Education 2010 as amended from time to time.
20. The relaxation in age will be admissible as per Government of India/University norms.
21. The eligibility of an application shall be determined in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2010 and its
subsequent amendments and/or in accordance with the relevant regulations of concerned Regulatory
22. For teaching positions short-listing shall be done as per guidelines approved by Executive Council of the
23. The Ordinances governing the procedure to be followed by the Selection Committee may be seen on the
portal of the Recruitment & Assessment Cell on the BHU website.
24. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria including
holding written test may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants
having higher qualification and merit or higher marks in the written test will be given preference.
25. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of
appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the
candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedent/ background and has suppressed the said
information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
26. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason.
Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available
candidates. The University may, at its discretion, fill up any future vacancy belonging to Gen./SC/ST/OBC
as per roster point out of the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. The
University may relax/review the qualification/ experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage and in
case of candidates with exceptional merit.
27. A candidate belonging to any reserved category who desires to be considered for any Unreserved post also
besides the posts under reserved category, will have to submit separate forms for Unreserved posts and
28. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after
the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any
communication made to the candidate.
29. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University
shall be final.
30. Applicants who are in employment should route their application through proper channel or should submit
a "No Objection Certificate" from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be
31. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
32. No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
33. On the positions reserved for specially abled persons (OH, VI, HH), all categories of specially abled persons
are requested to apply since if the designated category of specially abled person is not available, the post may
be filled with other categories of specially abled suitable and eligible candidates applied and available.
34. The applications shall be invited through online mode. The applicants should be required to submit their
downloaded application form (hard copy) after filling it online, along with all the enclosures to the Office of
the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi-221005 by last date of
submission of application, i.e. the hard copy of the application along with the enclosures must reach to the
Office of the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi -221005 by the last date of submission of applications.
35. Please visit our website: http://www.bhu.ac.in for application form, details of qualifications and other
instructions in this regard.
Cut-off Date for Teaching posts of submission and receipt of Applications in the Office of the Registrar,
(Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi-221005 is 10.02.2016.