APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS FOR THE POST OF DIRECTOR, NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS, KALYANI, WEST BENGAL < 29.2.2016
Written By Ajit Kumar on Friday, January 22, 2016 | 1:44 AM
Government of India
Ministry of Science & Technology
Department of Biotechnology
New Delhi – 110 003
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS FOR THE POST OF DIRECTOR, NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS, KALYANI, WEST BENGAL
Applications/Nominations are invited for the post of Director on deputation (including short term contract), National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani, West Bengal an autonomous institution of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) is grounded on the idea that genetics and genomics comprise a powerful body of knowledge and techniques to understand and transform human health and disease. NIBMG conducts scientific research and imparts training on genomic sciences, focusing on health and disease issues that are of high relevance to our nation. Details of the Institute are available at www.nibmg.ac.in.
The eligibility and other details for the post of Director, NIBMG is stated as hereunder:
1. Method of recruitment: On Deputation (including short term contract). The period of deputation includes period of deputation in other ex-cadre posts also held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or in some other organisation/ Department should ordinarily not exceed 05 years.
2. Age limit: The maximum age limit for appointment on deputation (ISTC) should be “Not exceeding 56 years” as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
3. Scale of pay: Apex Scale ₹ 80,000/- (Fixed) plus allowances and other benefits as admissible to central government employees stationed at Kalyani, West Bengal.
4. Eligibility: Scientists from Central / State Government research institutes, autonomous bodies etc.
(i) Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent Department or;
(ii) With 5 years’ service in the post with Grade pay of ₹ 10,000/- or equivalent in the parent cadre/Department and possesses the qualification and experience as below:
5. Qualification and experience:
(i) Ph. D. in any branch of Life Sciences or any other discipline of science relevant to
Biomedical Genomics or M.D. in a speciality relevant to Biomedical Genomics;
(ii) Minimum 15 years’ research experience in Biomedical Genomics.
(iii) Excellent track record of research and publications, patents and awards, research
(i) Experience in successfully running large programmes, centre, institution.
(ii) Experience of guiding/conducting research activities in the area of specialization.
(i) The applicants in Central/State Government organizations/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Organisations must send their applications “Through Proper Channel”. The applications received without the recommendations of the employers will not be considered.
(ii) The date of determining age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications.
(iii) The post will be for a five year tenure initially or till attaining the age of superannuation as per Government of India rules, whichever is earlier.
The Selection Committee may relax any of the above conditions in the case of an exceptionally suitable candidate.
7. Completed applications (5 copies) strictly in the format available on DBT website: http://dbtindia.nic.in with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Smt. Veena T. Bhatia, Director, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodi road, New Delhi-110 003, superscribing the cover “Application for the Post of Director, National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani” so as to reach by 29-02-2016. The closing date for candidates residing abroad and from Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands, States/Union Territories in the North-Eastern region, Ladakh region of J&K, Sikkim, Sub-division Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh is 15.03.2016. The soft copy of the application may also be sent by Email: email@example.com.
8. Nominations by distinguished experts may also be considered, depending upon merit and the area of expertise. Eminent experts and distinguished scientists may also kindly nominate potential candidates for the position either by post or email.
The detailed advertisement and format of application is available at http://dbtindia.nic.in and http://www.nibmg.ac.in