Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
(A Govt. of India Undertaking)
special recruitment drive for scheduled tribes,
other backward classes (ncl) and person with disabilities
Applications are invited for the posts of:-
1) POST : CRAFTSMAN (ELECTRICIAN) – GRADE 7
VACANCY : 3 Nos. [ST – 2 & OBC (NCL) – 1]
QUALIFICATION : First Class Full Time Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a
Government Polytechnic or equivalent Government recognized
Institute of repute. As an additional qualification, Supervisor
License is Preferred. (Relaxable upto 50% for ST Candidates)
EXPERIENCE : A minimum of one year of experience in Refinery / Process Industry
/ Shop Floor of Manufacturing unit of repute. However, training or
apprenticeship will not be considered as experience.
2) POST : LAB ANALYST – GRADE “7”
VACANCY : 1 Nos. [Reserved for Person with Disabilities – Orthopedically
QUALIFICATION : First Class M.Sc. (Chemistry) preferably in Analytical Chemistry or
First Class B.Sc. (Chemistry) with NCTVT (Laboratory Assistant –
Chemical Plant). (Relaxable upto 50% for SC / ST Candidates)
EXPERIENCE : Relevant experience as Lab – Analyst in Refining / Petroleum /
Petrochemicals / Power / Lube / Chemical Industry / Manufacturing
Unit of Repute. However, training or Apprenticeship will not be
considered as Experience.
Category of Disability: Orthopaedic handicap with minor defects of lower extremities
with unrestricted mobility and can function either unilaterally or with aids.
Age Limit: Maximum age 30 years as on 01.08.2015. Relaxble by 5 Year for
ST candidates and 3 Years for OBC (NCL) candidates. Maximum 40 years for
Pay Scale & Benefits: (a) Selected candidates will be placed in Grade ‘7’ with starting
basic of Rs.13,800/- p.m. (Scale of Pay: Rs.13,800 – 41,000). (b) Total CTC at the
minimum of the scale for Grade 7 will be approximately Rs. 7 Lakhs per annum inclusive
of perks, allowances & benefits like Medical Reimbursement, LFA, PF, Gratuity, Leave
and Leave Encashment, Ex-gratia, Bonus/PLIB, etc. admissible as per rules.
Note: PWD (Persons with Disability) candidates in OH (Orthopedically Handicapped) / VH
(Visually Handicapped) category with not less than 40% disability can also apply for the
post. Maximum age relaxed to 40 years for Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates.
General Information and Conditions: (1) Reservations and Relaxations for SC / ST /
OBC(NCL) / PWD / Ex-Servicemen candidates will be as per presidential directives.
(2) OBC category candidates should submit copy of caste certificate dated on or after
01.04.2015 from the Tahsildar or other competent authority approved by Govt. of India
(Ref. W. R. No. 12011 / 68 / 93 / BCC (C) dated 10.09.93) certifying that they do NOT
belong to the “Creamy Layer” of the OBC community as per the proforma of Govt. of
(3) Persons employed with Government or Semi-Government Organizations/
Public Sector Undertakings should submit their applications through proper channel.
(4) Application with incomplete information and / or NOT accompanied with attested
copies of all certificates and mark-lists (all semesters / years of Diploma Engineering /
M.sc. / B.sc. / NCTVT compulsory) / testimonials regarding age, qualifications, experience
(nature of experience should be specified) and caste/community (in the case of SC /
ST / OBC (NCL) / PWD candidates) are liable to be rejected.
(5) Engineering graduates are not eligible for the post.
(6) Whenever CGPA / OGPA or Letter Grade on Diploma is awarded, equivalent percentage marks should be indicated in the application as per norms adopted by the University/Institute.
(7) The selection procedure will comprise of Written Test, Personal Interview & Medical Fitness. The candidates will have to qualify in each stage for being considered for selection.
(8) SC / ST / PWD candidates called for written test / interview are eligible for to and fro sleeper class train / bus fare on production of bus/rail ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 km each side by the shortest route.
(9) Candidates will be required to work in rotating shifts.
(10) Only male candidates may apply.
(11) Candidates Domiciled in State of Maharashtra with knowledge of Marathi will be preferred.
(12) The Management reserves the right to fill / not to fill / partially fill
the aforesaid position without assigning any reason whatsoever.
(13) Those candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 will
be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit (Proof to be attached with application).
(14) Persons with disabilities applying for the above posts will be in accordance with
provisions of Para 25 of DOP & T OM No. 36035/3/2004 Estt. (Res) dated 29.12.2005.
(15) Posting shall be at Mumbai Refinery. However the selected candidates are liable to
be transferred to other Refineries/Business Units of the Corporation.
Right to Restrict Candidates: The Management reserves the right to call for test /interview
only those candidates who, in its opinion are likely to be suitable. Management may at
its discretion, raise/relax the eligibility standard to restrict the number of candidates or to
make available sufficient number of candidates to be called for written test/interview.
How to Apply: Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may send their application on
A4 size paper (neatly typed) to The Chief Manager (ER), BPCL Mumbai Refinery,
Mahul, Mumbai 400074. The application shall contain the following details:
(1) Post applied for. (2) Name and Address with Telephone / Mobile No. & e-mail id.
(3) Date of Birth. (4) Gender. (5) Age (as on 01.08.2015). (6) Mother Tongue.
(7) Domicile State. (8) Qualification [10th Std. /Diploma Certificate/ M.Sc. / B.Sc. /
National Apprenticeship Certificate and marklists (all semester/years)]. (9) Diploma
Engineering: Full Time – Yes / No. (10) Any other qualifications. (11) Experience
(as on 01.08.2015) details (Please specify whether oil refining / petroleum / chemical
/ petrochemical / fertilizer industry). (12) Whether belonging to SC / ST / OBC
(Non-creamy layer) / PWD(OH/VH) / Ex-servicemen. (13) Declaration; I hereby
declare that the statements made in the application are true to the best of my knowledge
and if at any stage the information furnished is found to be false or incomplete,
I understand that my candidature will stand cancelled. (14) Signature.
Candidates are required to affix latest passport size colour photograph (on the top right
corner of the application) and enclosing copies of relevant certificates.
Application should be sent in an envelope superscribed with
“Application for: The post of .......................”.
Last date for receipt of completed application is 14.09.2015.
Any form of canvassing will disqualify a candidate.
Mumbai: 29.08.2015 General Manager (HR), MR
For more detail logon to our website www.bpclcareers.in between 29.08.2015 and 14.09.2015