Date of Uploading 30-05-15
Date of Closing 12-06-15
ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
ANSARI NAGAR, NEW DELHI-110608
FOR JUNIOR RESIDENT (NON-ACAD.) POSTS
(FOR JULY’2015 SESSION)
Subject: Recruitment to the post of Junior Resident (Non-Academic) session July, 2015 i.e. from
01.07.2015 to 31.12.2015 at the AIIMS.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is an Autonomous Body established under an Act of Parliament. As a part of its activities the Institute is running a large teaching hospital for training of undergraduate and postgraduate students in the various fields of Medical Sciences.
The ONLINE APPLICATIONS are invited from Indian Citizens for the posts of Junior Residents (Non- Academic) for July, 2015 session in different specialities as indicated below in the pay scale of Rs.15,600/- + 5400/- (GP) per month plus usual allowances including NPA, in the prescribed format and on the terms & conditions given in
detail on Institute website – www.aiimsexams.org, www.aiims.ac.in and www.aiims.edu. Last date for online
submission of application for these posts is 12.06.2015 (by 1700 hrs).
DETAILS OF JR (NA) POSTS AVAILABLE, DISCIPLINE WISE IN VARIOUS CATEGORIES FOR JULY, 2015 SESSION
RESERVATION OF POSTS
1) The reservation for ST/SC/OBC candidates is as per Central Govt. rules and 3 % for OPH candidates (on
2) In the present counselling total 7 seats are reserved for OPH candidates (including 1 seat in the department
of Dental Surgery).
3) For OBC Candidate: Candidates must attach certificate valid for the posts under the Central Government
of India which mentions that the Candidate does not belong to Creamy Layer. Date of issue of Certificate should not be earlier than 1 year from the last date of submission of Application Form for Junior Residency for July, 2015 session which is 12.06.2015 (AN) i.e. should not be issued before 11.06.2014.
4) For SC, ST & OBC – Certificate should be issued by authorities prescribed by Govt. of India.
5) For OPH:
i) The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his/her physical disability is conforming to judgment of Supreme Court of India i.e.: “With the approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India vide letter no. 18018/2/2009-ME(P-1) dated 17.02.2009 it has been decided that while providing reservation in admission to medical course in the first instance candidates with
disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% shall be considered and in case candidates are not available of such candidates in that category then the candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered for admission as per decision in the Writ Petition (Civil) 184/2005-Dr.Kumar Sourav Vs. UOI & others in the Supreme Court of India”.
ii) The disability certificate should be signed by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions & countersigned by Medical Superintendent.
iii) The constitution of the Medical Board will be one consultant each from disciplines of Orthopaedics,
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Surgery.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
A. THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1) The candidates should have passed MBBS/BDS (including completion of Internship) or equivalent degree recognized by MCI/DCI.
2) Only those candidates who have passed MBBS/BDS (including Internship) not earlier than two years before the start date of Junior Residency (Non-Academic) i.e. 01.07.2015 will be considered. It implies that those who have completed MBBS or equivalent course (including completion of residency) between 01.07.2013 to 30.06.2015 only will be considered.
3) DMC/DDC/MCI/State Registration is mandatory before joining, if selected.
4) Those who had joined Junior Residency (Non-Academic) at the AIIMS and whose services were terminated on account of unauthorised absence or any other disciplinary/ground, will be ineligible to be considered for these JR (NA) post even if they otherwise qualify.
5) For candidates other than AIIMS graduate, maximum two terms* (of 6 months) are allowed. AIIMS graduate are allowed maximum of 3 tenure of JR (NA). AIIMS graduates will be considered to be allotted post on preferential basis (as given on point 1 of B below) only for two terms. AIIMS graduates applying for 3rd time will be considered at par with other candidates. Those candidates (other than AIIMS
graduate) who have already done 2 terms* of Junior Residency (Non-Academic) either at AIIMS or
outside will not be considered. Experience in Army Services, Central Health Services, Private Nursing
Homes and Private Practice will be taken as equivalent to Junior Residency (Non-Academic).
Note (*): Term of JR (Non-Acad.) is 6 months, if any one join and leaves at anytime it will be counted
as one term irrespective of duration of work.
B. METHOD OF COUNSELLING: (In Unreserved category the number of candidates called for
counselling will be 4 times the number of posts + for reserved
categories, all the applicants under reserved OBC/SC/ST/OPH
category will be called for counselling) ‡
1. The Junior Residency (Non-Academic) will be provided first to all the Institute Graduates who full fill
above eligibility criteria.
2. The merit for Institute Graduates will be made on the basis of their aggregate marks in the I, II and final
Professional examinations. The preference to AIIMS Graduates will be only for two terms (of 6
3. All JR (NA) posts which remain unfilled after allotment to Institute Graduates will be offered to other
candidates (other than AIIMS graduates). The candidate will be selected on the basis of ranks obtained
in the May, 2015 AIIMS P. G. Entrance Examination. Those who have not appeared in AIIMS entrance
exam in May, 2015 will be ranked in merit after those who have appeared in this entrance exam and
their inter-se merit will be considered on the basis of their aggregate percentage of marks obtained in
4. The counselling will be done strictly by combined merit list starting from Rank No.1. The candidates in
order of merit will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of posts. In case of absentee,
the next candidate in merit will be considered.
5. When a reserved category candidate (who is in combined merit list) is called according to combined
merit list, he/she will simultaneously be given an option to exercise his/her choice of subject both in
unreserved category and his/her concerned reserved category. If such a candidate opts for the subject
which is available at that time of his/her counselling, both in unreserved category and reserved category,
he/she will be given posts only from unreserved category as he/she is in merit and will be treated as
unreserved candidate and will consume an unreserved post. He/she will be given the reserved posts
only when his/her choice of the subject is available in the reserved category only, not in unreserved
category and then will consume a reserved post. When all the posts of unreserved category are finished
then only reserved category counselling will be done.
6. OPH candidates who apply will be considered against seats in category in which he/she has applied i.e.
GEN/SC/ST or OBC. Last seat/s in the respective category will be offered to OPH candidates, (in case
OPH candidate is not able to make on his/her their own merit).
‡: Combined merit list of all candidates who apply for these post will be made based on their
rank in MD/MS/MDS entrance examination/MBBS marks as explained at point 3 of B. Though, in
Unreserved category the number of candidates called for counselling will be 4 times the number
of posts. For reserved categories, all the applicants under reserved OBC/SC/ST/OPH category
will be called for counselling. All other candidates who are not called for counselling will be
however kept in waiting list according to their merit and the final ‘Overall Wait List’ will be
available after one week of counselling process likely to be held on 24.06.2015.
The waiting list for July, 2015 session will be valid till Recruitment Drive by way of “Walk-in-
Interview” is held or next regular selections are made, whichever is earlier. However, selection
will be made only on the basis of overall merit of the candidate in the current session. In case,
candidate is not available from the overall wait list, the post will be offered to the candidate not
included in overall merit list but attending the ‘Walk-in-Interview’.
C. ONLINE REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
The complete application in all respect should be submitted online latest by 12.06.2015 and the counselling for
the same will be held on 24.06.2015 in the Jawaharlal Auditorium AIIMS at 09:30 AM. Late and incomplete
applications will not be considered.
Only application in prescribed format available online in response to this advertisement i.e.
‘APPLICATION FORM - JR (NON ACADEMIC) (FOR JULY’2015 SESSION)’ will be considered
and only the name of eligible candidates to be called for Counselling will be displayed in the Notice Board
of the Academic Section, AIIMS on 18.06.2015 at 04.00 P.M. and also displayed on Institute web sites
www.aiims.edu and www.aiims.ac.in. Candidate must note that NO SEPARATE INTIMATION WILL BE SENT
FOR THE COUNSELLING.
D. STATUS OF ONLINE REGISTRATION
Acknowledgement with regard to successful Online Registration will be forwarded to applicants email ID.
However, the status of application will be available on AIIMS website www.aiims.ac.in and www.aiims.edu as
well as www.aiimsexams.org on 18.06.2015. Candidates are advised to check position regarding
acknowledgement of their Online Registration/status of Application form on the web site www.aiimsexams.org.
If the status of a candidate’s Application is not available on website, he/she should immediately write to the
Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608 along with full particulars of the Registration of
E. DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH REGISTRATION SLIP
1. No document (copies of certificate, mark sheets etc.) is required to be attached with the downloaded
2. The selected candidates appearing for allotment by personal appearance should bring the documents in
original along with 1 set of attested copy of the documents – Degree, Mark-sheet, Internship Completion
certificate, Date of Birth, Caste certificate (OBC/SC/ST), OPH Certificate and MCI/DMC/State registration for
verification, without which no candidates shall be permitted to appear for the counselling. The original
certificates i.e. MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate and Medical Registration Certificate of the candidate who opts
for the post of Junior Resident (Non-Academic) will be retained in the Academic Section. If any candidate
who joins the post and wishes to leave/resign/terminated before the completion of the tenure, he/she may do
so by giving one month’s notice as per rules or by depositing pay and allowances with the Institute for the
period by which, notice falls short of one month. The original certificates will be returned only after obtaining
all no dues from the concerned Department/Sections of the Institute.