Written By Ajit Kumar on Friday, April 24, 2015 | 4:15 AM
NMDC Limited a Navaratna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Steel, Govt of India and
multi locational, multi product and consistently profit making Mining & Mineral Exploration Organization with more than 12,000 crore turnover is in the process of massive expansion and diversification activities both in India and abroad. The Company is having its iron ore mines located in Bailadila Chhattisgarh, Bellary, Karnataka and Diamond Mining Project in Panna, Madhya Pradesh etc.
The Company is also setting up an Integrated Steel Plant at Nagarnar near Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh State and a pellet Plant at Donimalai, Karnataka State. NMDC is now inviting applications from suitable persons for following posts to be deployed in its Bailadila Iron Ore Mine, Kirandul Complex, South Bastar Dantewada (C.G.)
The number of posts indicated above is tentative which may vary depending upon the requirement.
Reservation of the posts for SC/ST/OBC/PwDs/Ex-Servicemen will be as per Government of India
II) AGE :
1. Upper age limit as on 08/05/2015 for UR candidates should be 30 years. Relaxable by 5 years in
case of SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates,
2. Age Relaxation for Persons with Disabilities (Physically Handicapped)/Ex Sevicemen as per Govt. of
III) SELECTION PROCESS:
1. The Selection for the posts of Sl no. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7 will be through Written Test and Interview
and for the posts of Sl No. 4 and 8 will be through Written test, Skill test and Interview . The prescribed
qualifications are minimum and an enhanced qualification does not entitle candidates to be called for
written test/ Skill Test/Interview. Where the number of applications received in response to advertisement
is large, it will not be convenient or possible to call all the candidates for written test/ Skill Test/ Interview.
The corporation reserves the right to alter/ fix the criteria for calling the candidates on the basis of
qualification, experience, if any, etc depending upon the number of applications received. After screening
the applications, the candidates will be called for written test.
2. In the selection process, a candidate has to secure minimum marks in the written test/skill Test and
rank sufficiently higher to be called for further selection process. The minimum marks will be decided by
the Corporation based on the performance of the candidate in the written test/skill Test. However, since
the final selection would depend on the number of vacancies as also relative performance, merely
qualifying in the written test, skill test and personal interview, will not entitle a candidate for appointment
in the Corporation.
IV) STIPEND DURING TRAINING/ PAY SCALE:
1. Depending upon the suitability of the candidates for the post at Sl No-1 to 8, they may be offerred
the post as Trainee of 18 months duration, during which they will be paid a consolidated stipend as
indicated in Column (2) below. On successful completion of training period, they will be offered scale of
pay as indicated in Column (3) below:
2. On successful completion of training period and placement in regular scale of pay, in addition to basic
pay and dearness allowance, the candidates will be eligible for other fringe benefits like conveyance
allowance, free medical facilities, leave travel concession, leave encashment, incentive bonus, gratuity,
provident fund etc as per corporation rule in force from time to time
V) GENERAL CONDITIONS:
1. The cut off date for reckoning educational qualification, experience and age etc will be 08/05/2015.
2. While applying for above post, the applicant should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility and
other criteria mentioned above as on the cut off date and that the particulars furnished are correct in all
3. Candidates appearing for written test/skill test will come at their own expense. However, outstation
SC/ST/PwDs/Ex-serviceman candidates will be paid TA of second class Railway/ Bus fare on
production of Railway /Bus tickets by shortest route as per rules.
4. All the outstation candidates called for Interview will be reimbursed to – and – fro single 2nd class
Train or Bus fare by the Shortest route subject to production of proof of inward journey.
5. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/PWD/Ex-servicemen category should
enclose a copy of permanent Certificate in the Govt. prescribed proforma. The OBC certificate submitted by
the candidate shall be obtained within 06 months and as per the orders contained in Department of
Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public grievance and Pensions, New Delhi, Office
Memorandum No.36012/22/93-Estt(SCT) dated 08.09.93 and should clearly indicating that the candidate
does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) as mentioned in column-3 of the Schedule of the
above referred Office Memorandum dated 8.9.93 and also belong to the community listed as OBC by
Government of India as per latest directives issued by Government of India.
6. During recruitment process, if any information provided by the candidate is found
incorrect/incomplete or it is not conformity with eligibility criteria as specified in the advertisement for the
above post or if it is found that candidate has concealed/ distorted any material information their
candidature will be cancelled at any stage during the recruitment process or even after selection.
7. Application received after due date shall not be entertained. Management is not responsible for any
8. The corporation reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the advertisement in part or full at any
point of time.
9. No interim correspondence will be entertained from the candidates for selection/test/
interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification.
10. Applications should be accompanied by a crossed Demand Draft for 50/- (Rupees Fifty only)
drawn in favour of JGM(Finance), BIOM, Kirandul Complex, Kirandul payable at State Bank of India,
Kirandul in respect of General and OBC candidates. Demand Draft is not necessary for SC/ST/Exservicemen/PWD.
11. Candidates working in Government/Quasi Government services/Public Sector undertakings/or
Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel or produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time
of interview. Further, candidates have to ensure themselves that they fulfill al the eligibility criteria and non
fulfillment of the same will make them liable for cancellation of candidature if found at any stage.
12. The envelope containing Application Form must be clearly superscribed in bold
letters as –
“APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF :________________________ CATEGORY:____;”
13. Interested candidates may send their neatly typed applications on plain paper setting out (1) Post
applied for (2) Applicant’s Name (3) Father’s/Husband’s name (4) Sex (5) Date of birth & Age (in figures
and words) (6) Present Address (7) Permanent Address (8) Email id/Mobile No. (9) Caste (if
SC/ST/OBC(Non Creamy Layer), attach certificate from Competent Authority) (10)Marital Status (11)
Qualifications (Academic & Technical) with year of passing, name of School/College/University, division &
percentage of marks obtained, etc. * [for the post of Jr. Steno Gr. III Trainee & Jr.Assistant Grade-III
Trainee & (Sl No. 4 & 8) candidates should enclose recognized qualification in Typing, Computer and
Shorthand Certificates] (12) Experience (13) State and district to which originally belong (14) Other
information (15) Declaration with signature etc., along with self attested copies of all certificates and
testimonials and recent passport size photograph so as to reach the DY.MANAGER
(PERSONNEL)R&P, NMDC Limited, BAILADILA IRON ORE MINE, KIRANDUL COMPLEX, POST.
KIRANDUL, DIST. SOUTH BASTAR DANTEWADA, (CHATTISGARH), PIN-494556 on or before
08/05/2015. Applications incomplete in any respect or applications without required attested/self attested
copies of all required certificates will be rejected.