Written By Ajit Kumar on Saturday, April 25, 2015 | 5:36 AM
1. Applications are invited from male candidates for recruitment as Havildar Education
Science & Arts in the Army Educational Corps of Indian Army.
Total Number of vacancies :- 334
(a) Science Stream : 200
(b) Arts Stream : 134
2. Age Limit. 20 to 25 years for civilian candidates and upto 28 years for remustered
candidates as on first day of Recruitment Rally. Candidates are requested to contact
nearest recruiting office/Zone given in Para 20 of this advertisement for date of Recruitment
3. Educational Qualification:- The candidates must have working knowledge of
either English or Hindi .Should have graduated from a recognized university in any of the
following subjects at PG/Graduation level:-
(a) Science Stream M.Sc/B Sc /MCA/ BCA /B.Tech/B.Sc (IT) with
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Biology, Electronics or
(b) Arts stream MA/BA with English Literature, Hindi Literature, Urdu
Li terature, History, Geography, Pol itical Science, Economics, Psychology,
Mathematics or Sociology.
4. Physical Standards Minimum physical standards will be as applicable to the
Soldier (Clerk). The details can be obtained from any HQ Recruiting Zone, IRO Delhi Cantt
/ Army Recruitment Office.
MODE OF RECRUITMENT
5. Screening Screening of candidates will be carried out as per programme issued by
6. Physical Fitness Test Physical fitness test will be as follows :-
(a) 1.6 Km in maximum 6.20 minutes.
(b) Pull ups (Beam) - minimum 6 pull ups.
(c) Zig Zag balance - must pass.
(d) 9 Feet ditch - must pass.
7. Medical Standards: A candidate should have robust physique and mental health,
chest should be well developed with minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing
in each ear. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gums and teeth, i.e 14 dental
points. Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or
piles. Remustering candidates should be in medical category SHAPE-1 in terms of Special
Army Order 6/S/2005/Rtg dt 05 Aug 2005 as amended from time to time.
8. Written Examination: Only those candidates selected in the screening and
declared medically fit will be permitted to appear in the written examination which will be
conducted at HQ Recruiting Zone/ IRO Delhi Cantt on 26 Jul 2015 . The written examination
will consist of one composite paper of 2 hours duration, composed of the two parts :-
Science candidate will attempt only part-I and Part-II (Science). Arts candidates will
attempt only Part-I and Part -II (Arts).
(a) Part - I (Compulsory for all candidates) It will consist of 50 questions
on General Knowledge and General English. (Max marks is 50 and pass marks is 20)
(b) Part - II (Science Stream) Compulsory only for M.Sc/B Sc /MCA/ BCA /
B.Tech/B.Sc (IT) candidates. This part will comprise of Questions from Mathematics,
Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science. Candidates will be required to
attempt all questions. (Max marks for Part II (Science) is 50 and pass marks is 20)
(c) Part - II (Arts Stream) Compulsory only for MA/BA candidates. This part
will comprise questions from Mathematics,History, Geography, Political Science and
Economics. Candidates will be required to attempt all questions (Max marks for
Part II (Arts) is 50 and Pass marks is 20).
(d) Candidates are required to pass in Part - I and Part - II separately depending on
stream chosen. Stream (Science/Arts) will be specifically indicated in the application
form at Para 14.
(e) All answers will be marked on OMR answer sheet.
9. Teaching Aptitude Test/Interview The candidates declared successful in the
above written examination and placed in the merit list will appear for Teaching Aptitude
Test and Interview to be conducted at AEC Training College & Centre Pachmarhi (MP).
Candidates qualifying in the Written Test, Teaching Aptitude Test and Interview and placed
in the merit list will be enrolled in the Army Educational Corps.
10. Conveyance The candidates will be issued with free railway warrants for their
journey from recruiting offices (where they took the written examination) to Pipariya (MP)
and road journey warrant from Pipariya to Pachmarhi. The candidates not found suitable for
recruitment will be issued with a return journey warrant to their home station or recruiting
office whichever is nearer, by the Commandant AEC Training College & Centre, Pachmarhi
11. Messing & Accommodation The candidates will be provided with free messing and
accommodation during their stay at Pachmarhi for the Teaching Aptitude Test and Interview.
12. Travelling Allowance / Daily Allowance. No travelling allowance / daily allowance
will be given.
13. Training Selected candidates will undergo Military and Technical Training for
approximately one year at AEC Training College & Centre, Pachmarhi (MP).
14. Pay & Allowances
(a) Group ‘X’ (PG/Bachelor Degree with B.Ed) On completion of successful
training you will be placed in the Pay Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) as per 6th Pay
Commission. You will also be entitled to Grade Pay (Rs 2800) + Military Service
Pay (Rs 2000) + Group ‘X’ Pay (Rs 1400) per month.
(b) Group ‘Y’ (Bachelor Degree without B.Ed) On completion of successful
training you will be placed in the Pay Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) as per the 6thPay
Commission. You will also be entitled to Grade Pay (Rs 2800) + Military Service
Pay (2000) per month.
15. In addition to the above, pension, promotion prospects, Group Insurance, Army
Welfare Housing Scheme, 60 days Annual leave and 30 days Casual Leave, free medical
treatment for self, family and dependants, entitled ration and other allowances as admissible
to the regular Army.
16. Terms of Enrolment Individual will be enrolled for a period of 24 years with colour
service and 2 years in reserve or till they attain 49 years of age whichever is earlier.
17. Submission of Application Candidates are required to submit their Application
Form duly filled along with all required documents as per the format duly superscribed
“APPLICATION FOR HAVILDAR EDUCATION” on the top outer cover of the envelope to
the Headquarters Recruiting Zone /IRO Delhi Cant (For Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad & Mewat
Dist of Haryana) of which the individual is domicile of. The candidate has to appear for
written examination from the same Headquarter Recruiting Zone only. Application submitted
to the Headquarter Recruiting Zone/ IRO Delhi Cantt of which the candidate is not domicile
of will be REJECTED. Last date for receipt of application is 15 May 2015.
18. Candidates are advised to contact the nearest Recruiting Office for further details.
19. Enclose two Self Addressed stamped Registered Envelopes of Rs 22 denomination
issued by the Department of Post & Telegraph giving your present address with PIN Code
on which the acknowledgment/Call up notice/ rejection slip is to be sent.
1. Duly filled up Application as per the given format will be addressed to concerned
Headquar ters Recrui ting Zone/IRO, Delhi Cantt, Wr i te “ APPLICATON FOR HAVILDAR
EDUCATION” on top of the envelope containing application.
2. Application may be handwritten or typed on A4 size paper as per the given format.
3. Affix your recent passport size photograph without sun glasses at the space provided in
the application form. Photograph taken with Polaroid camera or computer print will not be
accepted. An additional self attested photograph will also be submitted along with application
4. Enclose two self addressed stamped Registered envelopes of correct denomination
issued by the Department of Post & Telegraph giving your present address with PIN Code on
which acknowledgment/call up notice/rejection slip is to be sent.
5. A candidate whose application has been rejected earlier may apply again if eligible/age
6. All incomplete applications will be rejected.
7. Do not use performance booster drugs to clear Physical fitness test. It is better to
practice and clear test.
8. Do not use mobile phones or unfair means during CEE.
9. Candidates will get their pre medical examination done under own arrangement before
participating in PFT. Rtg org will not responsible for any mis happening.
1. All above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to
change from time to time.
2. List of recognised universities to be verified from nearest HQ Recruiting Zone / ARO/ IRO
3. Only Male candidates are eligible to apply.
4. Married candidates below the age of 21 years, are not eligible to apply.
5. Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for the interview will
produce “No Objection Certificate” from their employee at Zonal Recruiting Office before
dispatch to the AEC Training College and Centre, Pachmarhi for Teaching Aptitude Test/
6. The candidates declared successful in the written examination and short listed for
interview will be communicated about the interview dates by post through self addressed
envelopes and the list will also be displayed at respective HQ Recruiting Zone. Candidates
can check the result of written exam from respective HQ Recruiting Zone after 01 SEP 2015.
Recruiting organization will not be responsible for non receipt of communication due to postal
errors and incorrect/incomplete address furnished by the candidates.
7. The candidates are required to produce the following documents, when called for
(a) Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the
(b) Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the state
(c) Original Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed Mark sheet of each
year separately pertaining to Educational qualification.
(d) NCC Certificate in original, if applicable.
(e) Son of serviceman/Ex-servicemen, son of war widow/son of widow, certificate in
original, if applicable.
8. Individuals with permanent tattoos on any part of the body less inner face of the forearm
(inside of elbow to the wrist) and back (dorsal) part of the hand / reverse side of palm are not
eligible for recruitment.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION 15 MAY 2015