Written By Ajit Kumar on Monday, April 20, 2015 | 3:48 AM
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a Navaratna Central Public Sector undertaking, is a premier Aeronautical Industry of South East Asia, with 20 Production/Overhaul/Service Divisions and 10 co-located R&D Centers spread across the Country. HAL’s spectrum of expertise encompasses design, development, manufacture, repair, overhaul and upgrade of Aircraft, Helicopters, Aero-engines, Industrial & Marine Gas Turbines, Accessories, Avionics & Systems and Structural
Components for Satellite & Launch Vehicles.
HAL, over the last seven decades, has grown progressively into an integrated Aerospace Organization with the indigenous design & development of Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH-Dhruv), Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) & Light Combat Aircraft (LCA-Tejas). The ongoing major projects & programmes include ALH (both in military & civil roles), IJT, LCA, Pilotless Target
Aircraft (PTA), Su-30 MKI, Hawk (Advanced Jet Trainer) & Dornier -228 (Light Transport Aircraft). Aligning with the emerging future requirements, HAL has conceptualized the indigenous development of Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), Basic Turboprop Trainer Aircraft (HTT-40), Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) & Indian Multi-Role Helicopter (IMRH). HAL will codesign & co-develop the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft & Multi Role Transport Aircraft with foreign partners.
HAL is looking for candidates for Engagement of Superannuated Employees having Aerodrome Fire Safety experience, preferably from Airport Authority of India (AAI) (equivalent to Grade-II) as Consultants (Aerodrome Fire Station) at Airport Services Centre, BC on Contract basis.
OTHER REQUISITE CRITERIA
1) Retired Officer possessing Graduation and worked as Fire Station Officer and undergone Senior Officer Courses at Airport Authority of India Training Institute with any refresher courses.
Retired Officer of Airport Authority of India undergone Senior Officer’s Courses with other refresher courses.
2) Personnel who have retired from the service on or before 31.03.2015 and not more than 62 years need to apply.
The Consultants will not be engaged beyond 62 years.
There should be a gap of minimum one month and maximum six months from the date of superannuation of the applicant and the date of engagement on contract basis.
In exceptional cases, the engagement can be extended upto the age of 65 years, with the prior approval of the Chairman, HAL.
PERIOD OF ENGAGEMENT
The Consultant would be engaged for an initial period of upto one year, at the first instance. The Performance would be assessed during the said period and extension, if required, would be granted provided the performance is found to be satisfactory. Such extensions would be granted on yearly basis.
The Consultant would be reporting to a designated regular Officer in the Division/Office.
The performance of the Consultant would be assessed, on a six monthly basis. For this purpose, Performance Appraisal Reports would be raised.
The engagement will be on full time basis. Absence from duty for more than 12 working days in a Calendar Year will result in proportionate reduction in the Consolidated Emoluments.
The Consultant would be paid a Lumpsum Consolidated Remuneration per month. The same would be decided after mutual discussions.
The Consolidated Remuneration will not exceed the sum of the following:
a) The last Basic Pay drawn p.m;
b) The last DA drawn p.m;
c) HRA payable at the rate applicable at the Station of engagement, on the last Basic Pay drawn p.m;
d) Conveyance Reimbursement / Allowance per month, as indicated below:-
Note : Only one of the rates above, i.e 1(a) or 1(b) or 2 will be applicable, depending upon the Vehicle possessed.
e) Canteen Allowance of Rs. 2500/- p.m
f) Average amount p.m if any, last drawn towards Residential & Mobile Phone, during the last 12 months of service.
g) At locations where vacant Company Quarters are available, the Consultant will be allowed to continue to stay in the Quarter allotted to him while in regular service, with recovery of normal rent (i.e. rent paid during regular service), if he request for the same. At locations where employees are in the waiting list for allotment of Quarters, the Consultant will normally not be allowed to stay in the Company Quarter during the period of engagement on contract basis.
If the same is allowed in exceptional cases, Market Rent as notified by the Company from time to time will be recovered,
beyond the period for which retention of quarters with payment of normal rent is permitted on superannuation. The HRA component in the Consolidated Remuneration will not be payable in all such cases.
1. TA/DA will be allowed to the Consultant, for Official Tours, at the prescribed rates ;
2. TA will be reimbursed to the candidates who have superannuated from other organisations and who are called from outstations for attending the Interview. The payment of TA will be on par with the equivalences of the levels in the Company being considered, as per the TA/DA rules (Inland) (as amended) applicable in the Company. The entitlement for Grade II in the Company is III tier A/C (3A). TA will be admissible to superannuated HAL employees also, if they are called for interview at a Station different from their Headquarters while in regular service.
3. Consultants joining duty on engagement, who have to travel from other locations, will be entitled for the following
benefits, according to the equivalent Grade/Scale of Pay offered, as joining TA/DA benefits:
a) Travelling expenses;
b) Daily Allowance for journey time for self and dependent members of their family;
c) Cost of Transportation of personal effects;
d) Packing Allowance;
e) Reimbursement of life time Road Tax on the vehicle owned by them.
The above entitlements will be regulated on par with the equivalences of the level being considered, as per the TA/DA rules (Inland) (as amended) of the Company.
4. The expenditure incurred in relocating to the place of settlement after completion of the Contract engagement will be reimbursed to the Consultant, who had joined on engagement from another location, as applicable. In case the Consultant resigns or the services are dispensed before the completion of the Contract period, this benefit will not be admissible. In respect of superannuated HAL employees, this benefit will be regulated in accordance with the TA/DA rules (Inland) (as amended) of the Company.
The Consultant will be entitled to use Company Transport for Official journeys beyond 8 Kms radius of the Office /Factory.
OTHER BENEFITS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) The Consultant will be eligible for weekly off and paid holidays as applicable to the Division/Office;
2) The Consultant will be covered under Income Tax, Service Tax, Professional Tax etc, as per the applicable Rules.
All such Taxes would be payable by the Consultant.
3) Consultants who are superannuated HAL employees will be eligible to join the HAL Post Retirement Medical Assistance Scheme.
4) Medical facilities will be provided to Consultants engaged under the Scheme, who are not HAL retired employees, to the extent available in the HAL Hospitals /Dispensaries at the Station where the Consultant is engaged, for himself & spouse, during the period of engagement, on chargeable basis at par with relatives of serving Company employees.
5) The Consultant will not be entitled for any other Allowances or Benefits other than those indicated above.
6) The Contract Engagement will not confer any right on the Consultant to claim the status of a regular employee of the Company.
7) The Consultant will abide by various Company rules & regulations governing carrying out the assigned tasks.
8) The Consultant will safeguard the security and confidentiality of all official matters and secrecy of Information coming to his knowledge.
EXERCISING OF POWERS:
The Consultant can be authorised by the concerned Director/ED/GM, based on requirements, to raise Note Sheets, coordinate various activities, supervise the work carried out by the employees assigned to work under him, initiate/review their PARS, sanction leave etc. However, the Consultant will not have any financial powers.
TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT ENGAGEMENT:
The Contract engagement will stand automatically terminated on completion of the prescribed tenure. The engagement can be terminated even earlier, with one month’s notice in writing on either side or payment (Consolidated Remuneration) in lieu of the Notice.
PLACE OF VACANCIES
The requirement is presently at Airport Services Centre, Bangalore. However, the Consultants may be transferred/appointed to any other Divisions/ Offices across the country on management’s discretion.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates may send their applications, duly filled, in the prescribed format as at Annexure-I along with the certificates / documents (attested Photocopies) in proof of Age, Qualification, Experience, Training, Ex-servicemen discharge book (As applicable), etc by post so as to reach on or before 02.05.2015 to the below mentioned address.
Click here to download 98_CareerPDF1_Advertisement-Consultant (Aerodrome Fire Station).pdf