KAMALA NEHRU COLLEGE (University of Delhi) August Kranti Marg, New Delhi-110049 Advt. No. I/Teaching /2015 Dated: 17/03/2015 FACULTY POSITIONS Online applications are invited for the posts of Assistant Professor in various departments of the College in the Pay Band (PB-3) of Rs. 15600-39100, AGP Rs. 6000.
UR-Unreserved, OBC-Other Backward Class, SC-Scheduled Caste, ST-Scheduled Tribe
*1-SC post is reserved for OMSP (Office Management and Secretarial Practice)
Application Fee:- Rs. 500/- (for General/OBC) and Rs. 300/- (for SC/ST/PwD)
The last date for receipt of applications is 27/04/2015
For details, please see the College website www.knc.edu.in and any
addendum/dedendum/corrigendum shall be posted on the College website only.
Essential Qualifications :-
1. Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55%
marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at
the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an
equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
2. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the
National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or a similar test accredited
by the UGC.
For OMSP additional Qualification:-
1. Minimum one year certificate course in stenography/Secretarial Practice.
2. Certificate course in Computer Application
Desirable:- 10 year experience either in Teaching or Stenography.
i) The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in the University shall be
on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selections by the duly
constituted Selection Committees.
ii) The candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with
the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of
Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the
minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant
Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.
iii) NET shall not be required for such Master’s Degree Programmes in disciplines for
which NET or a similar test accredited by the UGC is not conducted.
iv) A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Persons with Disability (PwD) (Physically and visually
differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good
academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
v) A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D.
Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
vi) Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading
system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
vii) The period taken by the candidates to acquire M.Phil. degree and the residency
period prescribed for pursuing Ph.D. shall not be considered as teaching/ research
experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
viii) The number of candidates to be called for interview for the teaching posts in the
University and its Colleges, shall be determined after screening of applications in
accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Executive Council in this behalf.
Instructions to applicants:-
1. Candidates must possess the qualifications as prescribed by the College /University
from time to time for the respective posts. All the above posts carry UGC pay scales
plus admissible allowances. Online forms and details regarding prescribed
qualifications and eligibility conditions are available at the college website
2. The number of vacant posts may vary. Any addendum/dedendum /corrigendum shall
be posted on the website of the College only.
3. It will be open to the College to consider names of suitable candidates who might not
4. Merely fulfilling the minimum qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle a
candidate to be necessarily considered or called for the interview. More stringent
criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
5. The applications received may be screened for short listing and recommending the
candidates to be called for interview on the basis of the Screening Guidelines
approved by the College. The Screening Guidelines approved by the University are
enclosed with the advertisement.
6. Recommendations of the Short-listing / Screening Committee shall be uploaded on
the website of the College. Representation if any may be submitted to Principal,
Kamala Nehru College within 7 working days of posting the recommendations on the
7. Relaxation, if any, may be made in exceptional cases on the recommendations of the
Selection Committee, subject to the approval of the UGC.
8. Candidates applying for posts in more than one department are required to submit
separate applications. Applications once submitted will not be allowed to be
withdrawn and fee once paid will not be refunded in any case, nor shall it be held in
reserve for any other recruitment or selection process in future.
9. Application fees is to be deposited online as per details given below:
S.No. Category On-line fee
1. UR/OBC Rs. 500
2. SC/ST/PWD Rs. 300
10. The College reserves the right not to fill up any of the advertised posts.
11. Candidates already in employment and short-listed for interview are required to
submit a "No Objection Certificate" from the employer prior to or on the date of the
12. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of
India, the College shall process the applications entirely on the basis of
information/documents submitted by the candidates. In case the
information/documents is found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or
commission, the responsibility and liability shall lie solely with the candidate.
13. The College shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at
the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected at
any stage that the documents submitted by the candidates are false or the
candidate has suppressed relevant information, then his/her services shall be
terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the College.
14. The College reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time
without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of
Interview may also be filled up from the available candidates.
15. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be
detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the College
reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the
16. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the
decision of the College shall be final.
17. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at
least the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
18. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
19. (a) No interim correspondence shall be entertained from the candidate.
(b) All correspondence from the College including interview call, if any shall be sent
to the e-mail supplied by the candidate.
20. Candidates are requested to send their application in the prescribed form online.
The hard copy(printout) of completed online application form along with selfattested
copies of all the certificates & publications of the Candidate must reach to
The Principal, Kamala Nehru College, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi 110049
on or before April 27, 2015.
21. The reservation for OBC (non-creamy layer), SC, ST and Persons with Disability
(PwD) candidates will be applicable as per the Government of India norms.
Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/Persons with
Disability must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per Government
of India Lists/rules/norms. They should also be in possession of the certificates in
the format, prescribed by the Union Government.
22. The PwD candidates with less than 40% of relevant disability shall not be
considered. The disability certificate will be issued by the Competent Authority duly
authorized by the Central or the State Government.
23. All candidates should have fulfilled the minimum eligibility on the date of
24. Publications 'under submission' or submitted to referees will not be considered
towards points for publication criteria.
25. Candidates called for interview shall do so at their own expenses. No TA/DA shall be
26. The candidates are instructed to carefully read the eligibility criteria along with the
General Note (under ‘eligibility’ tab/section) as well as the detailed instructions to fill
the online (under ‘step by step guide to fill form’ tab/section).
27. The last date for receipt of applications is 27/04/2015.
|Guidelines and step by step information for filling online Application form the post of Assistant Professor|