Written By Ajit Kumar on Monday, February 16, 2015 | 1:56 AM
311 Assistants posts in NMDC Ltd, Ballari, Karnataka < 10.3.2015
(A Govt. of India Enterprise)
Donimalai Iron Ore Mine
Donimalai Township – 583 118, Dist: Ballari, Karnataka
Phones: 08395 – 274624, Fax : 08395 – 274649
Employment Notification No.1/2015 Date:05.02.2015
Closing date for receipt of Application: 10.03.2015
NMDC Limited, a Navaratna Public Sector Company under the Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India
invites applications from prospective candidates of Indian National for the following posts in Donimalai Iron Ore Mine and Pellet Plant of DIOM Complex, Donimalai-583118, Dist-Ballari, Karnataka:
1. The closing date of receipt of the applications is 10.03.2015. Applications received after 10.03.2015
will not be considered.
2. Age as on closing date of receipt of applications should not be more than 35 years for General
Category candidates applying for the posts in JO scale and 30 years for the General Category
candidates applying for the posts in RS scales. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates shall be as
per Govt. of India guidelines (SC/ST- 5 years and OBC (Non Creamy layer) - 3 years).
3. Age is relaxable up to 10 years for PWD candidates from General category, 15 years for PWD
candidates from SC/ST and 13 years for PWD candidates from OBC. The above age limit is inclusive of
upper age limit applicable for Persons with Disabilities as per Govt. orders.
4. Only such persons would be eligible for the benefit of reservation/relaxation under PWD quota who
suffers from not less than 40% of relevant disabilities such as OL-one leg affected (R and/or L),
OA-one arm affected (R or L), BL-both legs affected but not arms, D- the deaf, PD-partially deaf, PBpartially
blind, B-blind . For availing this benefit a candidate has to submit a disability certificate issued
by Competent Authority in prescribed format as Annexure – I and also be downloaded from
www.nmdc.co.in/Careers. Further, the category of such persons of PwD(OL/PD/PB) should also be
5. The qualifications (Degree / Diploma / ITI / SSLC/ Middle or 8th standard) prescribed for the posts
should be of Regular and Full Time course from a recognized University / Institution.
6. The OBC certificate submitted by the candidate should have been obtained within six months before
the closing date of receiving of applications as per the orders contained in (i) Department of Personnel
and Training, Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions Department of Personnel &
Training, New Delhi, OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt(SCT) dated 8.9.93 and should clearly indicate that the
candidate does not belong to persons / sections (Creamy Layer) as mentioned in column 3 of the
Schedule of the above referred Office Memorandum dated 08.09.1993 and also belongs to the
community listed as OBC by Government of India. BLANK FORMAT FOR OBC (NON-CREAMY LAYER)
CERTIFICATE IS IN ANNEXURE AND CAN ALSO BE DOWNLOADED FROM NMDC WEBSITE
www.nmdc.co.in/Careers. The candidates who submit the OBC certificate other than in Central format
and the candidates who claim OBC in application without enclosing proof of the OBC certificate
(Central format) will be considered as General Category.
7. The last date for reckoning eligibility of candidates in respect of age, qualification, experience, claim
for caste/community, etc., shall be the closing date for receipt of application.
8. The selection process will consist of: - Stage-I: Written Test, Stage-II: Skill test for
Jr Assistant Trainees only / Physical ability test for Field Attendant Trainees only and Stage-III:
9. In the selection process, a candidate has to secure maximum marks in the Written Test and rank
sufficiently higher to be called for Stage-II and/or Stage-III of the selection process as the case may
be. Merely qualifying in the Written Test, Skill test / Physical ability test and Interview will not entitle a
candidate for appointment in the company since the final selection would depend on inter-alia the
number of vacancies in various categories and relative performance.
10. The Management reserves the right to fix criteria of qualifications, experience, etc., for calling the
candidates for Written Test. The decision of the NMDC Limited., DIOM, in this regard, will be final.
After screening of the applications, the shortlisted candidates as decided by the management will be
called for Written Test. Only those candidates who qualify in the Written Test can be called for Skill
Test / Physical ability test and/or Interview.
11. Candidates attending for Written test/ Skill test / Physical eligibility test will have to appear the test at
their own expense. However, out-station SC/ST/PwD candidates will be paid 2nd Class Railway / Bus
fare on production of Railway / Bus tickets by the shortest route as per rules. All the outstation
candidates called for Interview will be reimbursed to-and-fro 2nd class Train or Bus fare by the shortest
route on production of Railway/Bus tickets.
12. Candidates selected for the above posts will be placed initially as a “Trainee”. The period of training,
monthly stipend during the training period and regular pay scales after successful completion of
training are as below:
13. On successful completion of training, candidates will be placed on “Probation” as per the rules of the
NMDC Limited and will be placed in the regular scale of pay. After placing in the regular scale of pay ,
in addition to the Basic Pay and Dearness Allowance, the candidates will be eligible for other
Allowances under cafeteria approach limited to 47% Basic Pay for JO scale posts and 42% of Basic
Pay for RS scale posts. In addition to this, Free Medical Facilities, Leave Encashment, special
allowance, Incentive payment, Gratuity and Pension (EPS-95), Provident Fund, etc., shall be admissible
as per Company Rules in force from time to time.
14. Application fee: Application should be accompanied by a non-refundable crossed Demand Draft for
`100/-( Rupees hundred only) for the posts in JO scale and `50/- (Rupees fifty only) for the
posts in RS scale, drawn in favour of NMDC Limited, Donimalai Iron Ore Mine, payable at State Bank
of Mysore, Donimalai / Canara Bank, Donimalai. Demand Draft is not necessary for SC/ST/PwD
15. CANDIDATE SHOULD WRITE HIS NAME, DATE OF BIRTH AND POST APPLIED ON THE BACK SIDE OF
THE DEMAND DRAFT.
16. Candidates working in Government / Quasi Government Services / Public Sector Undertaking or
Autonomous Bodies should apply through proper channel or produce NOC from their present employer
at the time of Skill Test/Physical Test/Interview. Otherwise, such candidates, on their selection, will be
allowed to join on production of proper relieving order after acceptance of their resignation by their
17. NMDC Limited reserves the right to cancel/withdraw this advertisement or part of this advertisement at
any point of time and the discretion of the Management in this regard shall be final.
18. Candidates are required to super scribe on the envelop, The Employment Notification No., Name of the
post for which they are applying for while sending the application. Otherwise it may be liable to
19. Candidates applying for more than one post must submit separate application forms for
each post with the prescribed application fee. Applying for more than one post in single
application form will render the application ineligible/invalid.
20. Interested candidates may download the application format from NMDC website
www.nmdc.co.in/Careers or send their neatly typed application on plain paper strictly as per the
21. The APPLICATION IN PRESCRIBED FORMAT should be sent along with self-attested copies of
certificates and testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience, caste (in case SC/ST/OBC),
disability certificate (in case of PWD candidates),HVDL/LVDL/statutory certificate for electricians
(wherever necessary) and 3 Nos. self-attested recent Passport size photographs so as to reach the
Assistant General Manager(Per), NMDC Limited, Donimalai Iron Ore Mine, Donimalai Township-
583118, Sandur (Tq), Ballari (Dist), Karnataka State on or before 10.03.2015 Applications received
after 10.03.2015 or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. The
Management of NMDC Limited. will not be responsible for any postal delay.
22. Applications should be sent by Ordinary post only. No application will be received by hand delivery.
23. No correspondence will be entertained in respect of matter concerning shortlisting/selection/test/
interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be treated as a disqualification.
Jt. General Manager (Per)