Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College
(University of Delhi)
New Delhi – 110021
Advt. No. ARSD/001/2015 Dated : 03.02.2015
|Guidelines and step by step information for filling Online Application for the post of Assistant Professor|
Applications are invited online for the post of Assistant Professor in various departments in the college as listed below, in Pay Band-III of Rs. 15600-39100 with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6000/- plus usual allowances admissible as per University Delhi/UGC rules.
UR – Unreserved, SC- Scheduled Caste, ST- Scheduled Tribe, OBC- Other Backward Classes
PWD- Persons with Disability VH – Visually Handicapped, OH – Orthopedically Handicapped
i. Applicants are required to fill the online application form available on the college
ii. The eligibility criteria and qualifications are as per the University of Delhi/UGC norms.
iii. Separate applications must be submitted for each post.
iv. The college reserves the right not to fill up any or all the post(s) advertised.
v. The application fee is Rs. 500 for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/PwD
candidates payable online while filling and submitting the application. The fee is non-
vi. The applications received shall be screened in accordance with the guidelines laid down
by the University.
vii. Merely fulfilling the minimum eligibility conditions does not entitle the applicant to be
called for the interview.
viii. The last date for filling up online application form is 24 th February, 2015 upto
ix. Further details are available on the college website www.arsdcollege.net
Essential Qualifications for the Post of Assistant Professor:
1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks (50% for candidates belonging to
SC/ST/Persons with Disability viz. physically and visually disabled or those who passed their
Master’s degree prior to 19.09.1991 and hold a Ph.D. degree) or an equivalent grade of B in
the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E & F at the Master’s degree level in the
relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a foreign University.
2. Candidates must have qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the
UGC/CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC (state level eligibility test-SLET/SET).
1. Candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in compliance of the University
Grants Commission (minimum standards and procedure for awards of M.Phil./Ph.D. degree),
Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility
condition of NET/SLET/SET.
2. NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for such Masters Degree Programmes in disciplines for
which NET/SLET/SET accredited test is not conducted.
3. The candidates applying under PWD category may specifically mention in application their
main category to which they belong i.e. UR/SC/ST/OBC for the purpose of computing the
4. The candidates applying under PWD category are required to submit the Disability
Certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India, Department of Personnel and
Training vide OM No. 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 29.12.2005.
5. The candidates already in service must apply through proper channel.
6. The College reserves its right not to fill any or all the post(s) advertised.
7. Application is to submitted strictly on-line till 24 th February 2015 (23:59:59 P.M). The forms
have to be filled online only, as available on the website of college alongwith the instant
advertisement, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement..
8. The reservation for OBC (non-creamy layer),SC. ST and Persons With Disability (PWD)
candidates will be applicable as per the Central government norms. Candidates seeking
reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PWD must ensure that they are entitled to such
reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. They should also be in possession of the
certificates in the format, prescribed by the Union Government. The PWD candidates with
less than 40% of relevant disability shall not be considered. Their disability certificate will be
issued by competent authority duly authorized by the Central or State Government.
9. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India,
the College shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents
submitted by the candidates. In case the information/documents are found to be
false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility and liability shall lie
solely with the candidate.
10. Candidates already in service are required to obtain No objection Certifacte from their
current employer. No objection Certificate should be submitted at the time of interview, if
not uploaded with the Online application form.
11. The college shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of
appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents
submitted by the candidates are false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information,
then his/her services shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the
12. Candidates called for interview shall do so at their own expenses. No TA/DA shall be paid.
13. Any corrigendum, addendum etc. will be posted on website only.