64 Assistant Professors, 8 Associate Professors , 2 Additional and One Professor post in NIMHAS Bangalore < 19.1.2015
Written By Ajit Kumar on Monday, December 22, 2014 | 5:02 AM
NO.NIMH/PER(6)/RECT/ADVT–6/2014-15 Date: 18.12.2014
NIMHANS Invites applications for the following vacant posts, in the prescribed form from the Indian
Nationals residing in India & abroad:
a. Out of 5 posts of Assoc. Prof. of Psychiatry, 2 posts for Psy. Rehab. Services.
b : Out of 4 posts of Asst. Prof. of Nursing, 2 posts for Psy. Rehab. Services.
c : One OBC post of Asst. Prof. is for the Dept. of Neurochemistry and
One UR post is for Biochemistry Services of Centre for Addiction Medicine (CAM).
d : Out of 9 posts of Asst. Prof. of PSW, 1 post for Child & Adol. Psy. Services,
2 posts for Psy. Rehab. Services, 1 post for Centre for Addiction Medicine (CAM) Services.
e : Out of 7 posts of Asst. Prof. of Psychiatry, 2 posts for Psy. Rehab. Services.
f : Out of 2 posts of Asst. Prof. of Neurophysiology, 1 post for Electrophysiology Lab. (NBRC).
g : Out of 15 posts of Asst. Prof. of Clinical Psychology,
i. 1 post for Child & Adol. Psy. Services, 1 post for Psy. Rehab. Services, 1 post for Centre for
Addiction Medicine (CAM) Services.
ii. Five posts of Asst. Prof. is for Adult Psychiatry and one each for Community Mental Health,
Neuropsychology, Forensic Psychology, Positive Psychology, Psychological Assessment /
Psychodiagnostics , Behavioural Medicine and Family Therapy, under the Dept of Clinical
The candidates may download the Challan in quadruplicate from this Institute Website
http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in. and the prescribed application processing fee Rs. 750/- (Rs.500/-
in case of SC / ST candidates) shall be remitted through any fully computerized National Bank
to State Bank of Mysore, NIMHANS Branch, Bengaluru S.B. Account No: 64118462718 and
IFSC Code No: SBMY0040675.
The application in prescribed form should be submitted along with the challan in original
for having remitted prescribed application processing fee as stated above, so as to reach.
The Director, NIMHANS, P.B.No.2900, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560 029, India, on or before 19.01.2015.
TERMS & CONDITIONS AND DETAILS REGARDING THE POSTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
DIRECTOR / VICE-CHANCELLOR
T E RM S AN D C O N D I T I O N S :
1. The prescribed application can be downloaded from this Institute website
http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in and submit along with:
a) The candidates may down load the Challan in quadruplicate from this Institute Website
http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in. and the prescribed application fee Rs. 750/- (Rs.500/-
in case of SC / ST candidates) shall be remitted through any fully computerized National
Bank to State Bank of Mysore, NIMHANS Branch, Bengaluru. S.B. Account No:
64118462718 and IFSC Code No: SBMY0040675.
b) The application in prescribed form should be submitted along with the challan in original
for having remitted prescribed application fee as stated above, so as to reach The
Director, NIMHANS, P.B.No.2900, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560 029, India, on or before
2. Separate applications should be sent for each post.
3. In service candidates should forward the application through their employers or produce
“No Objection Certificate” along with the application, failing which the candidate’s
application will not be considered under the category of in service.
4. Indian Nationals residing abroad can apply by giving full details of educational
qualifications, teaching/research experience with copies of supportive documents
together with an application fee of US $ 25 for each application.
5. Candidates should enclose attested copies of certificates of Age Proof, Academic
Qualifications, Marks Sheet of all the years / semesters, Experience, etc.,
6. No applications shall be entertained if it is incomplete/received after the last date
prescribed/not forwarded through proper channel. The Institute will not take responsibility
for postal delay if any.
7. Candidates belonging to reserved category such as SC, ST & OBC may also apply for
the vacancies notified against UR without any relaxation in respect of Age as per O.M
No. 36011/1/98-Estt.(Res) dated 01.07.1998
8. Age relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC/ PWD/ EX-Serviceman candidates and
Government Servants in service as per G.O.I rules. The Candidates belonging to
SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EX-Serviceman have to submit relevant latest certificate/s in the
prescribed form issued by the Competent Authority (Candidates applying under OBC
Category should produce OBC Certificate in Annexure – A format enclosed).
9. In case if it is felt necessary, the Institute may not fill up any or all of the above posts and
if so, no separate intimation will be given to the candidates.
10. The Number of Vacancies / Category-wise Vacancies may vary / likely to change.
11. All the enclosures should be neatly tagged to the application.
12. Last date for receipt of filled in application form is on or before 19.01.2015.
13. Cut off date for calculation of age, experience is 19.01.2015.
DIRECTOR / VICE-CHANCELLOR