Scientist-B,Scientist-C, Scientist-E for G.B.Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment,Almora, Uttarakhand < 18.12.2014
Written By Ajit Kumar on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 | 7:25 AM
G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development (An Autonomous Institute of Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Govt. of India)
Kosi-Katarmal, Almora-263 643, Uttarakhand
Advertisement No. GBPI- 2/2014
G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development (GBPIHED) is a premier autonomous Institute of the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate
Change, Government of India. The Institute is a focal agency to advance scientific knowledge, to evolve integrated management strategies, demonstrate their efficacy for conservation of natural resources and to ensure environmentally sound development in the entire India Himalayan Region (IHR). The Institute works under
decentralized set-up with its Headquarters at Kosi-Katarmal (Almora), Uttarakhand and through four regional Units at Srinagar-Garhwal (UK), Kullu (HP), Pangthang –
near Gangtok (Sikkim), Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh) and 5th Unit in Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change at New Delhi as Mountain Division. The Institute is looking for dynamic and suitably qualified individuals, willing to work in IHR, to fill up the following posts.
For General conditions regarding qualification, experience, pay scale and age for scientific positions, please see Appendix 1. Name of the Post/No. of post/ Reservation Category
Minimum Essential Qualifications and Experience as per Appendix 1
Area of Specialization/Remarks.
1. Scientist-B - 01 (UR)
[For Headquarters of the Institute]
Forest ecology/Ecosystem services/Biodiversity
conservation/Restoration ecology/Biotechnological applications
2. Scientist-C - 01 ( UR)
[For Garhwal Unit of the Institute] Ecosystem services/Forest or grassland ecology/
Biodiversity conservation and management/
2. Scientist-C - 01 (SC)
[For Sikkim Unit of the Institute]
Landscape ecology/Natural resource
assessment and management/Biodiversity
conservation and sustainable utilization/Plant
Scientist-E- 01 (UR)
On deputation/short term
contract basis (up to September
[For Headquarters of the Institute]
Policy analysis/Environmental assessment and
management/Biodiversity assessment and
management/Ecological modeling/Ecological economics
Place of work: Headquarters or any of the five regional Units of the Institute; selected candidate is liable to be posted anywhere in India.
1. Only those candidates willing to undertake extensive travel in Himalayan region need to apply.
2. Mere fulfilling or a minimum advertised qualification and experience requirements DO NOT automatically entitle an applicant to be called for interview. The candidate should, therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field over and above the
minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents.
3. The cutoff date for determining the age, qualification & experience of a candidate will be the last date of receipt of application.
4. The number of the vacancies and/or reservation for SC/ST/OBC may vary.
5. All the applications received within due date in response to this advertisement shall be considered for short-listing by a screening committee and only the candidates recommended by the screening Committee will be called for interview. The decision of the GBPIHED on short-listing will be final
and the GBPIHED will not entertain any correspondence in this respect.
GBPIHED shall not be responsible for postal delays.
6. Age, qualifications, experience and other requirements for any post may be relaxed, at the discretion of the Institute, in respect of candidates otherwise exceptionally qualified.
7. Persons working in Centre/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Organizations should submit their applications through proper channel within due date, such candidates are advised to submit advance copy of application, through their employer.
8. The period of experience in the requisite discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted with effect from the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
9. Relaxation in age limit will be allowed to candidates form GBPIHD/other govt./ autonomous bodies, SC/ST/OBC/PH and other notified categories as per the Govt. of India orders applicable from time to time.
10. TA/DA will be paid to candidate called for interview/test as per norms.
11. Incomplete applications in any respect or submitted not as per the prescribed Performa or received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
12. If at any time before or after the selection of a candidate, it is found that any information is suppressed or false, his/her selection will be liable to be rejected or cancelled.
How to Apply:
The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “Application for the Post of Scientist- “B” OR Scientist- “C” OR Scientist “E”. Interested candidates should submit their application typed on A-4 size paper as
per the prescribed proforma given at Appendix 2 along with attested copies of mark sheets, certificates, degree, etc. to the Director, G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development, Kosi-Katarmal, Almora – 263 643,
Uttarakhand under sealed cover through registered/speed post so as to reach by 18 December 2014. Applications (advance copy) from Indian Nationals living abroad may reach by due date by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), followed by registered/speed post up to 30 December 2014. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. Interim enquiries will not be entertained.
APPENDIX - 1
Qualifications, disciplines, experience and age limits for direct recruitment of Scientific Group A posts:
The minimum qualifications, experience and maximum age limits for direct recruitment to Scientists Group-A at various levels shall be as follows: