Applications are invited on the prescribed application forms for the posts of Assistant Professors in the following subjects in the Pay Band-III of
₹15600 -39100 with Academic Grade Pay of ₹6000/- plus usual allowances as admissible under the rules of University of Delhi from time to time
Essential Qualifications for the Post of Assistant Professor:
1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks (50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability viz. physically and visually disabled or those who passed their Master’s degree prior to 19.09.1991 and hold a Ph.D. degree) or an equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E & F at the Master’s degree level in the
relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a foreign University.
2. Candidates must have qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC (state level eligibility test- SLET/SET).
1.Candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in compliance of the University Grants Commission (minimum Standards and procedure for awards of M. Phil./ Ph.D. degree), Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
2. NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for such Masters Degree Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET accredited test is not conducted
3. The candidates applying under PwD category may specifically mention in application their main category to which they belong i.e. UR/SC/ST/OBC for the purpose of computing the reservation.
4. The candidates applying under PwD category are required to submit the Disability Certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training vide OM No. 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 29.12.2005. The format is available at the website
5. The candidates already in service must apply through proper channel.
6. The College reserves its right not to fill any or all the post(s) advertised.
7. Application form may be obtained from the office of the College from 1.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.
on or before the last date of submission either in person or by sending a self addressed and stamped envelope 22cm X 9 cm. Application form is also available on the website www.sriaurobindocollegeevening.in
8. Separate applications have to be submitted for each post.
9.Applications on the prescribed form must reach the Principal, Sri Aurobindo College (Evening), Malviya Nagar, New Delhi-110017
within 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement with self
attested copies of certificates, mark sheets,testimonials etc.,along with
a demand draft of Rs. 250/- (for General/OBC) and Rs. 100/-(for SC/ST/Pwd) in favor of the Principal, Sri Aurobindo College (Evening) payable at Delhi.
10.Merely fulfilling the minimum eligibility conditions does not entitle the
candidates to be called for interview. The applications received shall be
screened in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the University
in this regard, to restrict the no. of candidates