Energize your professional dreams with the Energy of India
Recruitment of Engineers/ Officers through GATE-2015
We are looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers and Post Graduates in Geology &Geophysics (Indian Nationals only) for recruitment as Engineers/Officers. Recruitment in all the Engineering/ Geology and Geophysics disciplines will be through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2015.
In addition, few Graduate Engineers will be engagement as Graduate Apprentice Engineers
(GAEs) in line with Apprenticeship Act, 1961(and subsequent amendments thereafter) in Refineries and Pipelines Divisions. GAEs are offered lump sum stipend for a period of one year and on the basis of their satisfactory performance, they may be absorbed in the Corporation. Short-listing of candidates for further selection process (comprising Group Discussion (GD) & Group Task (GT) and Personal Interviews (PI)) will be based on GATE-2015 score. GATE score of 2014 or any other previous examination is not valid.
10. How to apply
10.1. Application for both the positions is a two stage process:
10.1.1. On-line registration for GATE- 2015 examination
10.1.2. On-line application in IndianOil with GATE-2015 registration number after down loading GATE-2015 admit card.
11. On-line registration for GATE-2015 examination
11.1. The on-line application site of GATE-2015 will open on 17th December, 2014
11.2. GATE-2015 will be on-line examination and will take place during the period 31st
January, 2015 to 21st February, 2015. For detailed information on GATE-2015, interested
candidates may log on to http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015/ or on the websites of IITs
(Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) Indian Institute of
Science (IISc), Bangalore.
11.3. Candidates are required to apply/ register ONLINE for GATE-2015 using GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
11.4. GATE-2015 admit cards containing GATE-2015 registration number will be available for printing from GOAPs website from 17th December, 2014
12. On-line application in IndianOil
12.1. On downloading the GATE-2015 admit card and receipt of GATE-2015 registration
number, the candidates may apply to IndianOil ONLINE. The relevant link will be made
available from 17th December, 2014 on the IndianOil’s website www.iocl.com.
12.2. Candidates should click on the ONLINE application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the ONLINE application form giving accurate information including the GATE- 2015 registration number.
12.3. Candidates must enter the same name in the same configuration as they are entering while applying to GATE-2015. (For example, if the candidates is entering his name as Ravi Kumar Singh in the ONLINE GATE application, he must enter Ravi Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to IndianOil ONLINE. He must not enter R K Singh or Ravi K
Singh while applying to IndianOil). The candidates must fill-in the other information boxes
correctly and ‘tick’ the appropriate box, wherever applicable.
12.4. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
12.5. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
This print out of application should be kept in safe custody of the candidate. Candidates
must not send this printout to any office of IndianOil.
12.6. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE-2015 application form and admit card. If the candidate is called for GD/GT and interview, his/ her identity would be verified with GATE-2015 admit card and GATE-2015 official score card.
12.7. 21st February, 2015 is the last date for receiving the ONLINE application by IndianOil
Candidates need not to pay any application fee to Indian Oil separately
1. The candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
During previous years, candidates having email in ‘Yahoo’ domain reported some difficulties
while getting unique application ID. This year, such difficulties have been reported by GATE
authorities too. Hence, candidates having their mail ID in ‘Yahoo’ domain are advised to create a mail account with other service providers for application purpose.
2. The candidates should have the relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. readily available with them before they commence the ONLINE application process. This information will be required at the time of filling-in the ONLINE application.
3. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
4. Candidates who are going to appear in final qualifying degree examination in 2014 may also apply. If such candidates are short listed for interview, they will have to submit documentary proof of having completed all requirements of completing the qualifying degree (BE/ B.Tech etc) with minimum prescribed percentage of marks by 31st August 2015.
5. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but falling in creamy layer, will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General Category candidate.
6. Candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies will need to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
7. If more than one application is received from a candidate, most recent (current) application will be considered as final.
8. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of selection process. Any candidate submitting false/ incorrect information shall be rejected during any stage of selection process.
9. Candidates can go through the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)”. In case any particular query is not covered in the FAQs, the candidates can write to IndianOil at email@example.com