Advertisement No. 52/2014 Last Date for receipt of Applications: 20/10/2014
RECRUITMENT FOR MANAGEMENT CADRE EMPLOYEES
MRPL invites applications from eligible Indian National candidates for the following management positions:
Sl.No Position No.of Vacancies Category Location Maximum Age as on 31/10/2014 Scale of Pay `. qualification and experience
1 General Manager (Internal Audit /Finance) – E8 grade1 UR Mangalore 49 years 51300-73000
CA/ICWA/MBA with specialization in Finance with minimum 21 years of experience in a reputed Public Limited Company, presently working in the position of at least Dy. General Manager / Chief Manager. Work experience in a Refinery /
Fertilizer / Petrochemical plant will be of added advantage. In case of Finance, experience in Corporate Accounts finalization, Treasury Management and indirect taxation will be preferred. In case of Internal Audit, experience in Risk Management Techniques, Corporate & Enterprise Risk etc. will be preferred. Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Dy. General Manager / Chief Manager in IDA pay scale of `. 51300-73000 for minimum two years.
2. Chief Manager (Shipping) – E6 grade 1 UR New Delhi 44 years 51300 – 73000
Degree in Engineering /MBA/Master Mariner with minimum experience of 16 years in Oil Tanker Shipping in Executive position or Master Mariner with Tanker experience of minimum 5 years which may include working as Master on Board Tanker in a reputed shipping company or relevant experience in Oil Company. Candidates applying from PSU’s should have working at least 2 years out of total 16 years in the immediate lower grade of Sr. Manager in IDA scale of ` 43200-66000/-. Job specification of the Chief Manager (Shipping) shall include the following:
· Arranging Vessels for Crude Oil Cargo on contract of Afrightment COA) through Transchart or on Spot Charterer and associated jobs like voyage management, freight payment, post operational claims etc.
· Coordination with Crude supplier / Ship Owner / Transchart / Terminal / Agents / Surveyors etc.
· Freight assessment / load port levies etc. for estimation through Transchart for crude oil import / freight certification etc.
· Freight assessment / load port levies etc. for estimation through Transchart for crude oil import / Freight certification etc.
· Contract Management, Coordination for Export Cargoes, Documentary Instructions / Lay days / Certification / Survey /
Demurrage calculation etc.
· Coordination from IOPC / World Scale / AFRA / Other international / Government agencies for freight / insurance related etc.
Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Sr. Manager in IDA pay scale of `. 43200-66000.
3. Sr. Manager (Law) – E5 grade 1 UR New Delhi 41 years 43200-66000
A Graduate degree in Law (Professional) with not less than 13 years of post-qualification work experience in the Bar / law firms / legal department (in an executive position) of a company. The candidates should have good working knowledge in the areas relating to drafting and scrutiny of global / indigenous tender documents, export / import / shipping contracts, contract administration drafting / finalizing and veting of joint ventures / technical services / foreign collaboration agreements and other legal and contractual documents, ability to independently offer legal advice to the management and coordinate with legal counsels in respect of court cases / arbitration proceedings. Work experience in oil refineries / petro chemical companies will be an added advantage. Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Manager in IDA pay scale of Rs. 36600 – 62000.
4. Sr. Manager (Finance) – E5 grade 2 UR/OBC New Delhi/Mangalore 41 years 43200-66000
CA/ICWA/MBA with specialization in Finance with minimum 13 years relevant post qualification experience in a reputed Corporate, presently working in the position of at least Manager. Work experience in a Refinery / Fertilizer / Petrochemical plant will be of added advantage.
Experience in Corporate Accounts Finalizatiion, Treasury Management, Forex, Indirect taxation, Preparation of Budget, Maintenance of Cost Records, Preparation of Management Information Reports etc., will be preferred. Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Manager in IDA pay scale of Rs. 36600 – 62000.
5 Manager (Operations) – E4 grade 2 @ Mangalore 38 years 36600 – 62000
Chemical Engineering Graduates with at least 10 years post qualification experience in Refinery / Petrochemical Operations, with minimum 5 years of operational experience in any one of the following units:
FCC / PFCC: Petrochemical Fluidized Catalytic Cracking Unit DCU : Delayed Coker Unit Precommissioning and commissioning experience of these units and ability to train personnel will be an added advantage.
Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Dy. Manager in IDA Pay Scale of Rs. 32900 – 58000/-
6. Manager (Fire & Safety) – E4 grade 1 @ Mangalore 38 years 36600- 62000
Fire Engineers from a recognized University. Diploma in Industrial Safety from Regional Labour Institute (RLI) and Central Labour Institute (CLI )
desirable. - Candidate should have minimum 10 years experience in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical Industry.
- Shall have experience of procurement and maintenance of Fire Fighting Equipment / Fire Fighting appliances / Fixed and semi
fixed Fire Fighting installation, Safety related equipments, PPE, Rescue equipments etc.
- Should be able to lead a team of competent fire fighting staff. Possession of valid heavy vehicle driving license is essential for the candidate.
- Should have experience of fire prevention / protection & fire fighting techniques.
- Should be well conversant with various National / International Codes & Standards as well as statutory regulations related to fire safety activities and able to develop and improve fire safety attitudes / culture in operating staff and operation related outside agencies.
- Should be able to carry out Fire Safety Audit periodically and suggest improvements to reduce the underlying risk factors which would ensure effective fire prevention and fire protection.
- Should be able to strengthen disaster preparedness for effective response at all levels.
- Should have exposure in the areas like Rescue operations, Emergency Mitigation & Controlling, Training and Development to
subordinates and MIS to management during emergency etc
- It is essential that the incumbent must possess sound physique and fitness. Candidates applying from PSU’s should be
working minimum at the level of Dy. Manager in IDA Pay Scale of Rs. 32900 – 58000/-
7. Manager (Law) – E4 grade 1 @ Mangalore 38 years 36600- 62000
A Graduate Degree in Law (Professional) with not less than 10 years of post-qualification work experience in the bar / law firms / legal department (in an executive position) of a Company. The candidate should have good working knowledge in the areas relating to drafting and scrutiny of global / indigenous tender documents, export / import / shipping contracts, contract administration, drafting / finalizing and vetting of joint ventures / technical services / foreign collaboration agreements and other legal and contractual documents, ability to independently offer legal advice to the management and co-ordinate with legal counsels in respect of court cases / arbitration matters. Work experience in oil refineries / petro chemical
companies will be an added advantage.Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Dy. Manager in IDA pay scale of Rs. 32900-58000/-
8. Manager (Retail Engineering) – E4 grade 1 @ Bengaluru 38 years 36600 – 62000
Civil / Mechanical / Chemical Engineering graduate with at least 10 years post qualification experience out of which 3 years must be in Engineering or construction department of any company. In addition, candidates with experience of project
costing, tender document preparation, site supervision, statutory approvals, project software packages will be given preference. Experience in Planning and construction of retail outlets of an oil company and or Experience in planning and construction / maintenance of Oil depots / Terminals will be added advantage. Name of the project, site address and the client
oil company name has to be clearly mentioned in the experience column. Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Dy. Manager in IDA pay scale of Rs. 32900-58000/-
9. Dy. Manager (Operations) – E3 grade 1 OBC Mangalore 35 years 32900- 58000
Chemical Engineering Graduates with at least 7 years post qualification experience in Refinery / Petrochemical Operations, with minimum 3 years of operational experience in FCC / PFCC: Petrochemical Fluidized Catalytic Cracking Unit Precommissioning and commissioning experience of this unit and ability to train personnel will be an added advantage.
Candidates applying from PSU’s should be working minimum at the level of Sr. Engineer in IDA Pay Scale of Rs. 29100 – 54500/-
10. Sr. Engineer (Fire & Safety) – E2 grade 1 UR Mangalore 32 years 29100 –54500
Fire Engineering with first class, from a recognized University. Diploma in Industrial Safety from Regional Labour Institute (RLI) and Central Labour Institute (CLI) desirable. Candidate should have minimum 4 years post qualification experience in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical Industry.
11. Sr. Executive (Corporate Communications) – E2 grade 1 $ Mangalore 32 years 29100-54500
First Class Post Graduate degree in Mass Communication & Journalism from a UGC recognized University with 4 years experience in a PSU or 4 years experience as a reporter in a National English newspaper handling OIL & Gas reporting or in a Nationally recognized advertising agency servicing an Oil PSU client. Working knowledge of Kannada and Hindi (written) and Tulu will be desirable.
12. Sr. Executive (HR) – E2 grade 1 $ Mangalore 32 years 29100- 54500
First Class MBA with specialization in Personnel Management / HRD / HRM or Post Graduate degree in Personnel Management / IR / Labour Welfare or equivalent with 4 years post qualification experience with expertise in maintenance of Recruitment and Promotion Rosters as per Government guidelines and Recruitment Procedures.
13. Engineer (Chemical) – E1 grade 18 % Mangalore 28 years 24900 - 50500
Graduate Degree in Chemical Engineering.
14. Engineer (Mechanical) – E1 grade 10 % Mangalore 28 years 24900 -50500
Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
15. Engineer (Instrumentation) – E1 grade 4 % Mangalore 28 years 24900 -50500
Graduate Degree in Instrumentation / E&C Engineering.
16. Engineer (Civil) – E1 grade 1 % Mangalore 28 years 24900 -50500
Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering
17. Executive (HR) – E1 grade 4 & Mangalore 28 years 24900 -50500
First Class MBA with specialization in Personnel Management / HRD / HRM or Post Graduate degree in Personnel Management / IR / Labour Welfare or equivalent 18. Executive (Finance) – E1 grade 4 & Delhi /Mangalore 28 years 24900 -50500
CA / ICWA / MBA with specialization in Finance.
@ Out of 5 Manager (E4) positions: SC-1, OBC-2 & UR-2
$ Out of the 2 Sr. Executive (E2) positions: SC-1 and UR-1.
% Out of 33 Engineer (E1) positions: ST-1, OBC-17 and UR-15.
& Out of 8 Executive (E1) positions: SC-1, OBC-2 and UR-5
1. The cut off date for deciding the maximum permissible age and experience (wherever applicable) as per
eligibility criteria shall be 31/10/2014. Experience shown must be the minimum relevant experience for the
function, after obtaining necessary qualification (post qualification experience) including ‘On the Job’ training
2. The period of experience prescribed and the standard of suitability of the SC / ST candidates is relaxable, at
the discretion of the competent authority, in the event of non-availability of sufficient number of suitable
candidates for the posts.
3. Wherever specific relevant experience has been prescribed, Experience Certificates / Resumes clearly
indicating the specific area of experience should be enclosed. Please note that applications not fulfilling this
specific criteria will not be considered.
4. The cut-off percentage in qualifying examination for Sl. No. 13 to 18 would be 65% in Engineering Discipline
and First class for MBA / MSW or equivalent for General category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy
layer) candidates. Percentage of Marks in qualifying examinations should be aggregate of all semesters. For
CA and ICWA, the cut off percentage is pass class.
5. Positions at Sl. Nos. 11, 12, 17 and 18 above are identified as suitable for Persons with Disability
(VH / HH / OH).
HOW TO APPLY:
For Sl. No. 1 to 12 :
Candidates are requested to read the instructions and ensure correctness of the data before applying. Candidates
should submit their application in the enclosed format, enclosing self attested copies of all relevant certificates in
support of qualification (along with year-wise / semester-wise marks cards), age (SSLC Certificate), caste,
experience certificates, along with recent passport size photograph and super scribing the envelope with the
position applied for, by post / courier to the Sr. Manager (HR), Recruitment Section, Mangalore Refinery and
Petrochemicals Ltd., Post Kuthethur, Mangalore – 575030, on or before 20/10/2014. Candidates belonging to
General and OBC category need to pay an application fee of ` 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) in favour of
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd., Account No. 00000010981274266 (IFSC Code SBIN0000871).
Payment can be made through challan in any branch of State Bank of India by downloading the Challan Format
enclosed with the Advertisement in the Website. However, Bank Commission charges shall be paid by those who
make payment through challan. SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying application fee.
Candidates forwarding applications which are not as per the prescribed format and without application fee, as
given in the web advertisement will be rejected. Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 20/10/2014
For Sl. No. 13 to 18 ( on-line application) :
Procedure for applying for the positions from Sl. No. 13 to 18, Date of Commencement of on-line applications
and Last date for submission of on-line applications, Date of Written Test, Syllabus for the Written Test etc., shall
be published in due course through paper advertisement / website (www.mrpl.co.in )update.
1. All the qualifications specified above should be recognized by UGC / AICTE.
2. Working knowledge of Hindi is desirable.
3. Candidates called for interview shall be reimbursed Traveling allowance as follows from their correspondence
address in India on production of actual tickets by the shortest route. Local Travel cost, if any, shall be borne
by the candidates:
a. E-8 grade – Economy class air fare, E3-E7 grades – 1st class / 2 AC Rail fare including Rajdhani
Express and E-2 grade – 2nd class Rail / Bus fare.
b. E1 grade - Eligible SC/ST/PWD candidates called for written test will be reimbursed second class rail /
bus fare by the shortest route, on production of rail / bus ticket and self attested documents in
support of eligibility such as Date of birth proof, Caste certificate and Qualification marks cards /
certificate along with originals for verification. However, Candidates opting for examination in a city
other than the city nearest from the mailing address will not be paid TA. All candidates called for
Interview will be reimbursed second class rail / bus fare by the shortest route on production of rail /
bus tickets. PWD candidates will be reimbursed travel cost as above, for one attendant wherever
applicable, as per Govt. guidelines.
4. Location of the job is as specified against each position. However, employees are liable to be transferred to
any place in India or abroad, within the same Organization, or one of the group companies of ONGC or any
5. Preference will be given for candidates from Minority communities.
6. Allowances and perquisites shall be as admissible for the grades.
7. In case large numbers of applications are received, Management reserved the right to raise the minimum
eligibility standards / criteria.
8. Requests for change of category once declared in the application will not be entertained.
9. For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a proper caste certificate as per the
proforma prescribed as per Central list of issued by the Government of India, which would among others,
specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons / sections (creamy layer) as mentioned
in column 3 of the Schedule to the Department of Personnel and Training in the Govt. of India OM No.
36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 8/9/1993. The certificate should not be more than 6 months old as on
the last date for receipt of application.
10. Age relaxation of SC/ST/OBC: 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC, PWD-10 years, age relaxation of Ex-
Servicemen (EXSM) as per Govt. directives.
11. Experience in PSU / Private needs to be specified.
12. Persons employed in Government organizations / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies owned by
the Government, should submit their application through proper channel. However, they may also
produce the No OBJECTION CERTIFICATE at the time of interview if their applications were not
routed through proper channel, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the
13. The vacancies and reservation indicated above is tentative and may increase the relevant categories at the
discretion of Management and in compliance with Presidential Directives on reservation at the time of
appointment Depending on the requirement, the company reserves the right to cancel / restrict / curtail
/enlarge the number of vacancies and recruitment process, if need so arises, without any further notice and
without assigning any reasons thereof.
14. Satisfactory Character & Antecedents report would be required once selected and the Management reserves
the right to out-rightly dismiss the candidates whose report is not found satisfactory.
15. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
16. Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts and mere fulfillment of qualification, experience
and other eligibility requirements laid down, does not entitle a candidate to be called for the personal
17. While applying for any post, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other norms
mentioned above, as on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished are correct in all respects. In
case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or
that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her
candidature will stand automatically cancelled. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is / are detected even after
appointment, his / her services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
18. Candidates must mention correct and active e-mail ID / Contact nos. for communication.
19. The application fee will not be returned / refunded due to any reasons, whatsoever.
20. Any legal proceeding in respect of any mater of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an
application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mangalore and courts / tribunals / forums at
Mangalore only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any such case / dispute.
21. In the event any applicant has litigated with his / her employer in the past, the same should be clearly
mentioned in brief.
22. Management reserves the right to create and operate a panel of suitable candidates for one year.
23. Any amendment / corrigendum shall be hosted only on the Company’s website www.mrpl.co.in. Candidates
may regularly check for updates.