Indian nationals are invited to apply for “ Indian Oil - Simon Fraser University (SFU) Canada Fellowship” to work in the following emerging areas.
No. of Research Fellow - 2 (Two)
Areas: Clean Energy, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Technology, Natural Gas and Advanced Materials
· Candidates must have completed their Master's degree from a recognized university in
India in Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or Metallurgical
· The candidate must have cleared all the exams from Graduation and Post graduation level
in First Class scoring above 65% marks in the final exams.
· Preference shall be given to candidates who have cleared CSIR/UGC-NET / GATE
exam. However, in case the candidate joins the Fellowship he/she shall not be allowed to
avail any other fellowship.
· The upper age limit for applying for the above fellowship is 28 years as on 31st August,
· Candidates will be required to full fill SFU admission criteria for a doctoral degree in
Engineering or Science.
· Selected candidates will undertake 12 months of initial course and Research work at
Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada and subsequently 3 years of PhD Research
work in India. The registration at SFU, Canada shall commence in January 2015.
· Selected candidates will have to work under supervision of two guides. The SFU guide is
the formal thesis supervisor as per SFU degree requirements and a guide from IOC R&D
will be overseeing the research in collaboration with the thesis supervisor during the
research period in India. Topics relevant to IOCL /SFU will only be allowed for the
· All selected applicants would be required to register for PhD at Simon Fraser University
(SFU), Vancouver Canada and full fill the requirements for PhD degree. They will receive
a 100% Tuition fee award for four years and a stipend to the tune of CAD 13000 to
support living expenses during the one year stay in Canada.
· IOCL would offer a fellowship amount which will be 25% more than the prevailing rate
under CSIR Research Fellowship scheme as applicable, HRA @ 30% of the fellowship
amount for the period of study in India.
· The Fellow will be required to apply for a valid Indian passport, procure required VISA
overseas insurance and bear all such expenses including travel cost to and from Canada.
Last Date for receiving Applications: 19th Sept 2014
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Interviews at New Delhi on 7-8 Oct 2014. No TA /DA will be paid for attending Interviews. Information for interviews will be given on email and through SMS on Mobile phone. Candidates have to clearly indicate these details in the enclosed Application form.
How to Apply: Click here to download Application form. Completed typed / computer printed
application forms along with Biodata should be sent to the following address by ordinary post only. No couriers will be accepted.
General Manager (HR&AE)
Indian Oil Corporation Limited,
Research & Development Centre,
Sector-13, Faridabad-121007, Haryana, India
Method of Selection will be interview at IOC R&D in presence of officials from IOCL and SFU
Please contact Mr. Alok Sharma. DGM (AE) at 01292297684 for any clarification
Details on SFU can be seen at http://www.sfu.ca/