INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED
PARADIP REFINERY PROJECT, PARADIP
Advertisement No. PDRP/HR/01/Rectt-14 Date- 13-08-2014
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company requires result oriented personnel with initiative and enterprise for its Grass root Refinery at Paradip, Odisha.
Applications are invited from candidates with prescribed qualification and minimum one year of post qualification experience (as on 31/08/2014) indicated against each position.
PostCode Post Discipline Pay Scale No. of vacancies SC ST OBC (Non Creamy
1 Jr. Engg Asstt-IV (Production) Chemical Rs.11,900-32,000/- 62 8 19 7 28
2 Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV (P&U-O&M) Electrical Rs.11,900-32,000/- 21 4 5 2 10
3 Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV(P&U-O&M) Mechanical /Electrical Rs.11,900-32,000/- 11 2 2 1 6
4 Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV- (MechanicalMaintenance) Mechanical Rs.11,900-32,000/- 12 1 5 1 5
5 Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV-(InstrumentationMaintenance) Instrumentation Rs.11,900-32,000/- 7 1 2 1 3
Total 113 16 33 12 52
# The indicated number of vacancies may either increase/decrease at the discretion of Management.
Note: All the above mentioned posts (Post Code 1 to 5) are operated in rotating shift.
Qualification & Experience: The prescribed qualification from Govt. recognized Indian University/Institute as a regular full time course and the required percentage (%age) marks, experience as on 31-08-2014 for each post is given below :
Post code Post Essential Qualification & Experience
1 Jr. Engg Asstt-IV (Production) Discipline-Chemical : 3 years Diploma in Chemical Engineering / Refinery & Petrochemicals Engineering / BSc (Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry or Industrial
Chemistry) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Minimum one year experience in operation in a Petroleum Refinery /Petrochemicals / Fertilizer Plants.
2.Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV (P&U-O&M) Discipline-Electrical : 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Minimum one year experience in operation / maintenance of Generators/Distribution Sub Stations (LT & HT at 0.4 KV & 6.6 KV level or above respectively)/ Maintenance of HT/LT Switch gears (PCC/MCC)/ Transformers/ Motors/ ACBs/ VCBs/UPS/ Battery Chargers/ Variable speed
drives/ protective relays including electromagnetic/Static/Numerical relays in Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemicals / Aluminium / Steel Plants / large industrial units.
3 Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV (P&U-O&M) Discipline-Mechanical / Electrical. : 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and Boiler competency certificate (1 st class or as may be applicable under the
respective State Boiler Rules).
Minimum one year experience in operation of Thermal power station (Boilers, HRSGs, Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Air compressors, DM Plant / RO Plant, Fire water pump house) in Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / Aluminimum / Steel plants / large industrial units.
Post qualification Experience in the relevant field shall be reckoned after completion of the Diploma course. Layer) UR
4 Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV- (Mechanical Maintenance) Discipline – Mechanical. : 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Matric with 2 years ITI (Fitter) course with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Minimum one year experience for Diploma and 3 years experience for Matric with ITI (Fitter) in maintenance / overhauling of rotary equipments such as Compressors, Gas / Steam Turbines, Pumps, Mechanical Seals / Dry gas seals, Bearings (Journal / Anti-friction), Safety valves, etc; in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / large industrial units.
5 Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV- (Instrumentation Maintenance) DisciplineInstrumentation : 3 years Diploma in Engineering in Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Electronics / Instrumentation Control with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Minimum one year experience in Maintenance of Modern instrumentation control system like DCS, PLC with electronic field instrumentation, loop configuration, condition monitoring, cabling, earthing etc., in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / large industrial units. Candidates conversant with installation, testing & commissioning of Instrumentation Control systems in modern petroleum and petrochemical industries will have added advantage.
Note: Candidates possessing professional qualifications such as BE or equivalent, MBA or equivalent or MCA shall not be considered for the above notified posts.
· Minimum 18 years and maximum 26 years (relaxable by 1 year for candidates having requisite experience upto 2 years & relaxable by 2 years for candidates having experience of 2 years or more) as on 31-08-2014
(Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, for the posts reserved for them). Age relaxation applicable for Ex-Serviceman as per Govt. directives.
PAY & PERKS:
· In addition to the Basic Pay, D.A., HRA and other benefits like Provident Fund, Employees’ Pension Scheme under PF, Gratuity, Company Quarters, Children Education Allowance, LTC / LFA, medical benefits, productivity / performance linked incentive, leave encashment, conveyance allowance, superannuation benefits, Post Retirement Medical Attendance benefits etc. shall also be admissible as per the rules of the Corporation.
· Selection would be based on written test / trade test (wherever applicable) and personal interview. The candidates will have to qualify successfully through each stage of the selection process and pre-employment medical fitness for being adjudged suitable for selection.
· Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if vacancies are not filled due to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.
· The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/ testimonials.
· Minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates is pass mark in the relevant Degree/Diploma / ITI (Fitter) course (For Post Code : 4) examination.
· SC/ST candidates appearing for written test / interview will be reimbursed single second class railway fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test/interview and back by the shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 KMs.
· SC/ST/ XSM candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
· Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of on-line application.
· The prescribed qualification should be from a Govt. recognized Indian University/Institute as a regular full time course.
· Training period shall not be counted towards experience. However, the period of apprenticeship training in respect of candidates who have successfully completed Apprenticeship training under Apprentices Act, 1961 / Apprentices (Amendment) Act, 1973 in the relevant trade /discipline in any of IOCL Refineries or Industries as specified above in the Essential Qualification & Experience criteria for the relevant post shall be considered as experience. The candidature of only those candidates who have completed Apprenticeship Training and have passed the All India Trade Test conducted by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or Certificate of Proficiencey issued by BOPT / BOAT shall be considered. Age relaxation equivalent to the period of Apprenticeship
training shall be given to Apprentices. However, no additional age relaxation will be allowed.
· None of the above vacancies are identified for Persons with Disabilities.
· For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a latest caste certificate in the proforma prescribed by Govt. of India, which would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (creamy layer) as mentioned in column 3 of the schedule to the Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 8.9.1993. Candidates belonging to OBC category but falling in creamy layer are not entitled to OBC reservation benefits. Accordingly such candidates may choose to apply for the positions provided they meet the age criteria applicable to UR candidates and indicate their category as “UR”. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.(Paradip Refinery) being a Central Public Sector Undertaking, only those communities that are mentioned in the common list of OBC prepared by Central Government shall be treated as OBC for the purpose of reservation.
· Applicants from Govt. /Semi Govt. /PSU will be required to submit their application through proper channel (after on line application) and produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of written test/ trade test and personal interview and release order from the employer at the time of joining.
· The candidate must have the prescribed qualification, experience and age as on 31-08-2014.
· OBC & General candidates are required to attach a crossed Demand Draft of Rs.150/- (Rs. One hundred fifty only) as application fee (non-refundable) in favour of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. payable at State Bank of India, Paradeep Branch (Branch Code: 003945, IFSC Code : SBIN0003945) along with a copy of the on-line application print out. Candidates must write their full name and address on the back side of Demand Draft.
· Applications without supporting documents/incomplete/not fulfilling the prescribed criteria in any respect shall be rejected.
· One candidate can apply for one post only. Candidates applying for more than one post will not be considered and their application will be rejected.
· The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, mode of selection, cancellation of the recruitment process etc. No enquiry / correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
· At any stage of the recruitment processes, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information then the candidature / appointment of the candidate is liable to be cancelled.
Requirement before filling on-line application form
· The candidate must have an active email ID which must be valid for at least one year as all future communication with candidate will take place only through email.
· The candidate should have the relevant documents/certificates pertaining to age, qualification, caste, experience if any, demand draft (if required), scanned copy of colour photograph in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) etc. ready before applying on-line.
How to Apply
· Candidates meeting the above prescribed eligibility criteria may visit our website www.paradiprefinery.in and apply on-line from 18-08-2014 to 10-09-2014. Incomplete on-line applications or printed on-line applications received after the due date will be rejected. Only online mode of applications will be accepted.
· After successfully applying/registering on-line application, the candidate must take a print out of the filled in online application form, affix his photograph, put his signature in the space provided
For the purpose and send the same along with all supporting documents as mentioned in the checklist attached to the application form by ordinary post to Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Paradip Refinery Project, Post Box No. 145, General Post Office (GPO), Bhubaneswar-751001. The last date of receipt of printout of online application form along with supporting documents is 20-09-2014. Print-out of online application received after last date shall be summarily rejected.
· Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible for any of the above posts.
· Queries, if any, may be addressed to the following e-mail id : email@example.com
DATE OF OPENING OF ONLINE APPLICATION : 18-08-2014
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION : 10-09-2014
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF PRINTOUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION
FORM ALONG WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS : 20-09-2014