Delhi College of Arts & Commerce
UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
Netaji Nagar, New Delhi – 110023
Advt. No. DCAC/PRINCIPAL/APPT./2014 Dated: 14.08.2014
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF PRINCIPAL
Applications are invited for the post of PRINCIPAL in the prescribed
proforma and fees in the Pay Band (PB-4) of Rs. 37,400-67,000 carrying
AGP of Rs.10,000/- plus usual allowance as applicable from time to
time. The last date for receipt of application is 21 days from the
publication of this advertisement. For details, please see the website of
Delhi College of Arts & Commerce i.e. http://dcac.du.ac.in and
University of Delhi i.e. www.du.ac.in under the head email@example.com.
Any addendum/dedendum/corrigendum shall be posted on the
DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS & COMMERCE
Qualification for the post of Principal
1. The direct recruitment to the posts of Principal of the College shall be
on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selections by
the duly constituted Selection Committee.
2. A Master‟s degree with at least 55 % marks (or an equivalent grade in a
point scale wherever the grading system is followed) by a recognized
A relaxation of 5 % may be provided from 55 % to 50 % of the marks to
the Ph.D. degree holders who have passed their Master‟s degree prior
to 19th Septermber 1991.
Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55 % wherever the
grading system is following by a recognized university shall also be
3. A Ph.D. degree in concerned/allied/relevant discipline(s) in the
institution concerned with evidence of published work and research
4. Associate Professor/Professor with a total experience of 15 years of
teaching/research/administration in Universities, College and other
institutions of higher education.
5. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator
(API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in
the University Ordinances for direct recruitment of Professors in
6. The term of appointment of College Principal shall be Five years with
eligibility for reappointment for another term only after following the
due process of selection laid down under Ordinance XVIII as amended
from time to time.
DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS & COMMERCE
Guidelines for screening / shortlisting of candidates for the post of
As per the provisions of Ordinances XI, & XII & XXIV of the University,
all posts of teachers, including Principal shall be filled after advertisement
and by open recruitment.
In order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview so
as to enable the Selection Committee to have a comprehensive
assessment of the candidates, applications received for the post of
Principal be screened on the basis of the academic and other
credentials of the candidates through the following criteria:
. . .
6. For appointment to the post of Principal a maximum of 30 candidates would be invited
in order of their ranks in the list prepared by the Screening Committee on the basis of points
scored by the candidates.
7. In case of any dispute with regards to screening of the applications the decision of the
Screening Committee shall be final.
DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS AND COMMERCE
General Instructions for candidates applying for the post of Principal:
1. Candidates must possess the qualifications as prescribed by the University from time to
time for the post of Principal. The post carries UGC pay scales plus admissible
allowances. Application forms and details regarding prescribed qualification and
eligibility conditions are available at http://dcac.du.ac.in. Any
addendum/dedendum/corrigendum shall be posted on the website of the College
2. It will be open to - -
6. Applications once submitted will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fee once paid
will not be refunded in any case, nor it shall be held reserve for any other recruitment
or selection process in future. The application fee of Rs. 500/- paid by DD in favour of
Principal Delhi College of Arts and Commerce at New Delhi shall be sent along with
downloaded application form. - - -
23. Applications completed in all respect in the prescribed form may be sent to The
Chairman Governing Body, Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, University of Delhi,
Netaji Nagar, New Delhi – 110023. Only through Speed/Registered post. Please super
scribe the post applied (in bold) for on the envelope. Please note, the applications forms
shall not be accepted in person or through courier or any other post.
From outside India, completed applications in the prescribed form may be sent to
The Chairman Governing Body, Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, University of
Delhi, Netaji Nagar, New Delhi – 110023 India, through international post/courier.
24. The College shall not be responsible for any delay/loss due to postal or technical
25. The candidates are instructed to carefully read the eligibility criteria Application
received without complete information or without requisite fees shall be rejected.
26. The last date of receipt of applications is 21 days from the date of issue of advertisement.