Date: Jul 29, 2014
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job Segment: Program Manager, Management, Entry Level
|Additional Location(s) or Information:|
|Job Category: Manufacturing|
|Level of Experience: Entry Level|
|Requistion #: R967800|
|Commodity Specialist – Job Description (Grade-6)|
About Global Supplier Management Organization:
The Global Supplier Management organization at Cisco is a part of Supply Chain Operations. The vision of the Global Supplier Management (GSM) organization is to be a recognized leader in sourcing and supplier management to enable Cisco's sustained innovation and supply chain excellence. This requires having a close relationship with our component suppliers and strong collaboration to consistently drive innovation, productivity, and efficiency.
Commodity Specialist: Provide key support for Global Commodity Management team through data and process management to achieve and manage a world class supply chain. Requires building strong collaborative relationships with suppliers to assure that accurate cost, lead time and other commercial/supply chain aspects of the RFQ is achieved. Work closely with commodity teams to manage and analyze commodity and supplier data related to cost management. This may include reports and collection of data to drive commodity decisions, strategy development and execution success. The job holder will be expected to exhibit problem-solving flair and excel at creating business relevant reporting using various data sources available.
• Participates on Commodity Teams. Receives minimal direction toward daily goals and objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on attainment of overall objectives and success of projects.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures. Basic understanding of networking industry and program management. Analytical and excel skills including experience working with data and relational databases like Oracle.
• Accountable for projects from beginning to completion. Frequently acts independently in making decisions. Accountable for meeting targets and finishing projects. Reporting Relationship: Commodity Manager or Senior Commodity Manager
• Interface with Suppliers, Sales Rep, and Account Management.
• Seeks solutions to complex problems which require creativity. Resolves cross-functional issues. May assist in cross functional special projects.
High Level Responsibilities:
RFQ Management –
Quote Cycle Preparation, Create, Publish and close RFQs, Close Cost holes and Re-Quotes
Splits, Reviews & Awards –
Assist commodity managers with Setting splits, Distribute business Awards, NPI award to suppliers
Cost Loading –
Enable Oracle Standard Cost loading
Supplier Quote Upload, Data integrity, Verification, Updates and Reporting
Maintain AVL -
Manage AVL updates, Supplier Name, Mergers, Supplier Set Up and Onboarding, Update Supplier Contacts in Aravo, Maintain team website.
Tools and Reporting –
Tool Testing, Cost Savings Report, Supplier Spend Usage Reports, Create/Scrub QAS & CQI Reports, and supplier onboarding
Risk Attributes –
Maintain CPN Attributes (Risk Ratings, Comments), item attribute updates
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Basic understanding of Electronic HW Mfg industry and program management.
• Should have worked with International Suppliers, Sending RFQ, Collecting Quotes
• Global Business Acumen, Supply Chain Knowledge, Cross Functional Influence, Presentation and Demonstration Skills
• Business & Financial Acumen, Cost Management, MIS – Spend analysis, cost savings reports
• Supply Chain Tools Knowledge- Bills of Materials, part attributes, Supplier Enrollment & set-up , AVL Maintenance & Cost loading activity
• Hands on experience in working with Oracle/ SAP/ Any ERP Database
• Preferably should have worked on Oracle E-Procurement Modules
• Problem solving & Analytical
Experience: Looking for candidates with relevant experience of 6-8yrs in the domain.
|Job Type: Entry Level|
|Opportunity Category: Operations|