Applications are invited only through online mode upto 21.09.2014 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies in the following posts :-
Name of the Post and Code No. : 1) Assistant Works Manager in the Government Press (Post Code No.2094)
Tamil Nadu Stationery and Printing Service (Service Code No.063)
No.of Vacancies : 8 (GT(G)-1 MBC/DC(G) -1 GT(W)-1 MBC/DC(W) -1 BC(G)-1 SC(G) -1 BC(W)-1 SC(A)(W) (PSTM) -1)
Name of the Post and Code No: 2) Assistant Works Manager in the Tamil Arasu Press (Post Code No.3013)
Tamil Nadu General Service (Service Code No.035)
No.of vecancies : 1 (GT (G)-1)
IMPORTANT DATES :-
Date of Notification 22-08 -2014
Last date for submission of applications 21-09-2014
Last date for payment of Fee through Bank or Post Office 23-09-2014
Date of Written Examination
Paper – I (Printing Technology) 01-11-2014 FN 10.00 AM – 01.00 PM
Paper – II (General Studies) 01-11-2014 AN 02.30PM – 04.30 PM
(B) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :- (as on 22.08.2014) (Common for both the posts)
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by any
University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant:
Name of the Post : Assistant Works Manager
Educational Qualification :-
(i) Must possess a B.E degree in Printing Technology
(ii) (a) Must possess minimum general educational qualification as prescribed in the Schedule to Part II of the Tamil Nadu State and Subordinate Service Rules and a diploma in Printing Technology (letter Press or Offset)
(b) Must possess minimum general educational qualification as prescribed in the Schedule to Part II of the Tamil Nadu State and Subordinate Service Rules and a diploma in Printing Technology with any elective subject awarded under the revised integrated pattern of course. and
(c) practical experience in Letter Press or Offset printing in a reputed printing press for not less than five years, out of which two years must be in a supervisory capacity ; (for clause ‘a’ & ‘b’ above)
Preferential Qualification :
Provided that other things being equal, first preference will be given to a candidate who possesses all the following four qualification, second preference to a candidate who possesses any three of the four qualifications, third preference to a candidate who possesses any two of the four qualifications and fourth preference to a candidate who possesses any one of the four qualifications.
1. A pass in the examination in Typography or Lithography conducted by the City and Guilds Institute, London.
2. A pass in the examination in Costing by any Institute recognised by the Government of Tamil Nadu or by the Government of India.
3. Completion of one year of Apprenticeship in the Printing Technology either under Government of India Scheme or under the government of Tamil Nadu Apprenticeship Scheme.
4. A Degree from any University recognised by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of awarding its grants. Provided further that in case all the candidates possess only one of the preferential qualifications, preference will be given to those who possess the qualification in the order specified.
9. EXAMINATION FEE: -
Rs.175/- (Rupees one hundred and Seventy five only) be paid. (i.e. Cost of Application Rs. 50/- + Examination fee Rs.125/-) Candidates claiming exemption from examination fee should pay Rs.50/- towards Application cost. (No exemption for cost of application)
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should apply only through on line in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in
Before applying, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience.
A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration and e-mail ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. Candidates are cautioned to keep your e-mail ID and password confidentially. TNPSC will send Hall Tickets (Memorandum of Admission)
for Main Examination, Interview Call Letters, Other Memos etc. to the registered/given e-mail ID only.
All the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, e-mail ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
The candidates who wish to receive SMS should register their mobile number in the application.
12(A) APPLYING ONLINE:
1) Candidates are first required to log on to the TNPSC’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or
2) Click “Apply Online” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
3) Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply.
4) If you already have Unique ID, enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them, if necessary.
5) If you do not have valid ID, enter all the required particulars without skipping any field.
6) Candidates are required to upload their latest photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected.