|Technical Support Engineer (Onyx)|
The Technical Support engineer provides comprehensive telephone/e-mail/web technical and application support in a global support organization. The candidate must be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations; have strong analytic, organizational, time management, and communication skills; thrive in a team environment; and possess the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The Support analyst is responsible for problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting, resolution and escalation using sound judgment and creative problem solving. This position requires an employee with solid experience with ASP, SQL, IIS, XML and scripting language. Reports to the Global Support Manager for Onyx products. The candidate will interact with cross-functional teams including Professional Services, R&D and Customer Account Management business units.
Key Responsibilities Incident Resolution
• Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents
• Offer complete and timely technical solutions to customers and ensure that customers’ technical staff fully understand the issue, resolution and means for prevention
• Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments • Clearly and concisely document all customer interaction and all steps taken to resolve incidents
• Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer incidents • Escalate customer issues to the support manager as appropriate
• Observe trends with technical issues and recommend improvements to design, documentation or implementation • Ensure professional telephone manner at all times Knowledge Management
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products and service offerings
• Develop expertise within product area • Develop sound understanding across all areas within the support team • Contribute to a customer focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible • Attend training sessions offered and assist with peer training as needed
• Create knowledgebase articles and documents, validated and verified, to be shared with customers and peers Daily Operations • Participate in on-call mobile phone coverage rotation as needed
|Education and Skills Education Required: B.A. / B.S. / B.E. / B.Tech / Technical Diploma in a related field Preferred: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) designation Experience|
Required: 2+ years relevant work experience Previous experience in providing technical customer support Preferred: Experience working with multiple stakeholders in problem-solving environment
Technical Support Engineer (Onyx), B.A. / B.S. / B.E. / B.Tech / Technical Diploma, Aptean, Bangalore
Written By Ajit Kumar on Tuesday, July 1, 2014 | 5:50 AM