No. 7/ 41/2014-PESB
Government of India
Public Enterprises Selection Board
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Block No. 14, CGO Complex, PE Bhavan
New Delhi - 110003, the 28th July, 2014
Sub: Selection for the post of DIRECTOR (ONSHORE), ONGC LIMITED in schedule “A” CPSE
The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) is seeking qualified candidates for the post of DIRECTOR (ONSHORE), ONGC LIMITED in schedule “A” of the CPSE, the scale of pay of the post being Rs.75,000-1,00,000 (revised) A copy of the job description for the post is enclosed.
2. It is requested that names of candidates seniority-wise who are found suitable for the said post as per the requirements indicated in the job description alongwith their up-to-date bio-data (in the prescribed form) duly endorsed may kindly be forwarded to PESB by 30th SEPTEMBER, 2014 . It is also requested that advance action may be taken to keep the ACRs for last 5 years, of those candidates ready alongwith their latest vigilance profile [(i) penalty imposed, if any during the last 10 years (ii) details of disciplinary action initiated/being initiated if any, etc.] to be furnished as and when the selection meeting is scheduled.
3. In case the relevant details are not received within the stipulated time, it will be assumed that there are no eligible candidates to be sponsored for the post.
DIRECTOR TEL NO. 24362936
1. All Chief Executives of other Central PSUs (including subsidiaries) for circulation among the eligible candidates.
2. All Chief Secretaries of State Govt.s /UT’s (for circulating the vacancy among Govt..Officers).
1. COMPANY PROFILE
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) was incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 after converting a statutory commission namely Oil & Natural Gas Commission through an Act of Parliament with the vision to become a world class oil and gas company integrated in energy business with dominant Indian Leadership and global presence. ONGC is a schedule –‘A’ / Maharatna CPSE in Crude Oil sector under the administrative control of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Its Registered and Corporate offices are at New Delhi and Dehradun, Uttarakhand respectively.
The authorized and paid up capital of the Company were Rs.15,000 crore and Rs. 4277.76 crore respectively as on March 31, 2013.
The shareholding of the Government of India in the company is 69.23%.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director(Onshore) is a member of the Board of Directors and reports to Chairman and Managing Director. He is overall incharge of the Onshore Operations. Broad responsibility includes:-
1. Performance Management of Onshore Producing Assets,
2. Develop overall strategy for onshore producing assets and ensure its alignment with
3. Enhancing performance of the constituent units.
4. Lead annual performance contract exercise and set challenging targets for the Asset
Managers and monitor and monitor performance against the set targets.
5. Enable service/resource/technology availability from units under control of other
6. Participate in corporate forums representing onshore producing assets.
7. Review human resource requirements and skill gaps and ensure availability.
8. Facilitate new technology absorption and availability of operational inputs/facilities from
9 Interact with other Directors/Top Managers for optimal utilization of ONGC resources.
I. AGE: On the date of occurrence of vacancy.
(i) Minimum 45 years
(ii) Not more than 58 years for internal candidates and not more than 57 years for
The age of superannuation is 60 years.
II. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent should be a Post-Graduate in relevant Sciences of Geo-Sciences along with/ or a graduate in Engineering as minimum qualification with good academic record from a recognized university/institution. He should have adequate experience at senior level in a large organization of good repute.
Persons with Post Graduate qualification in Engineering/Management will be preferred. Persons with experience in Petroleum sector would have an added advantage
Minimum qualification is relaxable in the case of internal candidates and Government officers with relevant and adequate background and experience.
III. PAY SCALE:
(a) Central Public Sector Executives.
Executives holding posts in the pay scale of:
(i) Rs. 7250-8250/-(pre 1.1.1992 scale) with
(ii) Rs. 9500-11500/-(post 1.1.1992 scale) Industrial
(iii) Rs. 20500-26500/- (post 1.1.1997 scale) DA
(iv) Rs. 51300-73000/- (post 1.1.2007 scale)
(v) Rs.18400-22400 with Central DA.(pre-revised)
(vi) Rs.37400-67000 with Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- (Revised 1.1.2006)
The minimum length of service required in the eligible scale will be one year for internal candidates, and two years for others as on the date of vacancy.
(b) Government Officers
Government officers of the level of Joint Secretary in Govt. of India or on equivalent scale of pay or Major General in the Army or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force, on the date of application will be eligible for consideration on immediate absorption basis.
4. DURATION OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment shall be for a period of five years or upto the date of superannuation whichever is earlier.
5. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Prospective candidates from the Central Public Sector and Government officers shall send their applications, through proper channel, in the format at Annexure I.
The applications for various categories of the officers are routed through proper channel as follows:
a) For Government Servants through Cadre Controlling authority.
b) For CMD’s/MD’s/Director’s in CPSE, the concerned administrative Ministry.
c) For below Board level in CPSE, the concerned CPSE.
Annexure-I may be downloaded from the website of PESB.
Last date of receipt of applications in PESB is 30th SEPTEMBER, 2014. No application shall be entertained under any circumstances after the stipulated date. Incomplete applications are liable to be REJECTED.
Board reserves the right to shortlist candidates for interview.
Applications are to be addressed to Shri Rajiv Rai, Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board, Public Enterprises Bhawan, Block No. 14, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE PUBLIC ENTERPRISES SELECTION BOARD SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO SECRETARY, PUBLIC ENTERPRISES SELECTION BOARD ONLY