CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF KASHMIR
Transit Campus: Sonwar, Near GB Pant Hospital, Srinagar – 190 004 (J&K) Phone: 0194-2468354, 2468357, Website www.cukashmir.ac.in
EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION FOR CONTRACTUAL ENGAGEMENT
No: 4 of 2014 Dated: 07.07.2014
Applications on the prescribed form are invited from the eligible candidates for contractual engagement to the two (02) posts of Assistant Professor in the Department of Urdu. The details of essential qualification and the salary are as under:-
Essential Qualification : (Consolidated) 1. Masters degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum of 55% marks or, an equivalent grade of B in the seven-point scale of UGC from a recognized University.
2. Should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or similar test accredited by the UGC including SLET. However, candidates having PhD from a recognized University are exempted from the condition of
Monthly Salary : Rs.38750/-
1. Candidates having PG in the relevant subject without NET/SLET/ Ph.D can also apply. However, they will be considered only in case of non-availability of NET/ SLET/ Ph.D candidates and on a lower salary to be decided by the University.
2. The engagement to the posts advertised is purely on short term contract basis and the selected candidates will not have any claim for the permanent appointment.
3. Short listing of the applicants, if necessary, shall be made on the basis of higher academic qualification and/or experience.
4. The engagement to the posts will be made on the basis of the academic & research profile and performance of the candidate in the interview to be conducted by a Committee formed for the purpose.
5. The University reserves the right not to fill up all/any of the posts advertised if the circumstances so warrant. Further, the number of candidates to be appointed shall be decided
by the University at the time of interviews.
6. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview. However, the SC/ST candidates will be paid second-class railway/bus fare by shortest route on production of tickets.
7. Relaxation of 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) will be provided at the Master’s level in the case of SC/ST/Physically Handicapped candidates and to those Ph.D. degree holders, who have passed their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
8. Applications not accompanied by necessary supporting documents, attested copies of degree certificates/ marks sheets/experience certificate/category certificate (if applicable) issued by the competent authority, shall be rejected summarily
HOW TO APPLY?
The detailed eligibility conditions and prescribed application form are available on the University website (www.cukashmir.ac.in). The prescribed application form can also be had, free of cost, from the office of the University at its Transit Campus: Sonwar, Near GB Pant Hospital, Srinagar – 190004 (J&K). Complete application form may either be delivered personally at the office of the Registrar or
sent by post, superscribing on the top left of the cover ‘the post applied for’, ‘advertisement number and date’ latest by 19th July, 2014. The interviews shall be held on 24th
July, 2014 at the Transit Campus of the University. Eligible/shortlisted candidates for the interview shall be intimated separately through phone & email. The details of such candidates shall also be hosted on the University website. No communication in this regard shall be made through post.
No: 4 of 2014 REGISTRARDated: 07.07.2014