Sr Software QA Engineer
Sr Software QA Engineer
About the Role and Responsibilities
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse, and shop the web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled global threat intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector, and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com/
Job Title: Senior Software QA Engineer (iOS platform)
Description: Seeking individuals having good experience in design and execution of iOS client side test case and capable of writing automation test case for iOS application and aware of writing Unit test case of XCode environment.
Reports to: Ajay S
Date: June 2014
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
· As a McAfee Senior QA Engineer you will help ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for the design, development and execution of performance/scalability tests on iOS products and QA processes that ensure quality throughout our release schedule. You will have a deep understanding of our customer’s workflow and processes and uncover and diagnose problems in new and existing code by running customer centric scenarios. You will document tests, test plans and cases. You will have an important role in notifying developers, managers, field personnel of quality issues, and will lead the effort to identify areas for improvement of overall system quality.
• Create/Maintain test plans and test cases for McAfee Software products
• Execute formal test plans with focus on performance, scalability
• Create and Extend Performance test methodologies
• Identify the system performance bottlenecks and suggest on overcoming them.
• Work closely with engineering in early product phases to facilitate McAfee’s agile development methodology
• Track features and bugs
• Perform Gap analysis for better test coverage
• Facilitate product testing in heterogeneous environments
• Act as a senior technical member of the project’s Performance QA team in terms of mentoring and reviewing the work of junior engineers
• Evaluate tools and technologies to improve the overall QA process and scalability/capacity of the overall product.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• 3-5 year’s formal testing or development experience
• Experience with Performance benchmarking on client side
• Experience with open source tools for performance testing
• Good hands on experience in developing/designing load tests
• Excellent at identifying bottlenecks in system architecture and suggest ways to overcome the bottlenecks.
• Good hands on with variety of system/network monitoring tools for capacity/scalability analysis
• Passion for quality
• Generally enjoys working with software and computers
• Strong scripting skills (Perl, Batch scripting, Python, etc.)
• Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, and HTTPS
• Experience in iOS development tools
• In-depth understanding of the principles of Software Quality Assurance
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Desire to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
• Proactive, positive approach to work
• Bachelors in CS or equivalent work experience
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Job Product Quality Assurance
Primary Location MIC-IN-Karnataka MIC-Bangalore BEC MIC
Position Number 885815