Filling up the post of Sr. Deputy Manager (Welfare)
in Mumbai Port Trust.
The post of Sr. Deputy Manager (Welfare) in Mumbai Port Trust has fallen vacant w.e.f. 1.2.2014. The post is in the pay scale of Rs.32900-58000 [Rs.16000-400-20800 (pre-revised)] and to be filled by composite method by absorption of officers from Major Ports in terms of the MbPT
Employees (Recruitment, Seniority and Promotion) Regulations, 2010. Copy of the Recruitment Rules is at Annexure-I.
2. Applications are accordingly invited from eligible officers of all the Major Port Trusts who possess the prescribed qualifications, experience and other conditions as per the Recruitment Rules. Relaxation is admissible (except for officers of Kolkata Port Trust), as per the Ministry's letter dated 22.4.2013 and 12.3.2014 in the prescribed
qualifying service upto 2 years.
3. Applications should be made in the format at Annexure II and should be submitted through proper channel, alongwith copies of all required documents. The crucial date for determining eligibility shall be 1.4.2014 in terms of regulation 10 (2) of the Mumbai Port Trust Employees (RSP) Regulations, 2010.
4. Applications may be forwarded by the concerned Port Trust to the undersigned alongwith the following :
(i) certificate on the last page of the application form duly
completed by the Head of Department;
(ii) certified copies of ACRs for the last 5 years (1.4.2008 to
31.3.2013) (duly attested by an officer not below the rank of Dy.HOD on each page).
(iii) a statement showing year wise availability of ACRs duly signed by the Dy. Chairman/Chairman as per the Ministry’s letter dated 1.2.2007. If ACR for a particular year/period is not available, the certificate to that effect may be attached; and
(iv) vigilance and administrative clearance in the prescribed
proforma as per the Ministry's letter dated 17.8.2010 and
/Phone: 91-22-6656 5656
Fax : 91-22-2269 6953
Human Resources Department
Port House, 2nd floor,
S.V. Marg, Ballard Estate,
MUMBAI - 400 001.
5. Circular alongwith annexures is also available on our website www.mumbaiport.gov.in.
6. The last date for receipt of applications duly completed by the Port Trust is 21.6.2014
- Filling up the post of Sr. Deputy Manager (Welfare) in Mumbai Port Trust
Name of the Post :Sr.Deputy Manager (Welfare)
(i) A degree from a recognised University.
(ii) 12 years experience in executive cadre in the field of Personnel Management, Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations, etc. in an Industrial/ Commercial/Govt. Undertaking.
(iii) knowledge of Marathi
(i) Post Graduate degree/diploma in Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Social Work/Labour Welfare or allied subjects or degree in Law from a recognised University/ Institution.
Method of Selection: By absorption through composite method failing which By deputation from other Govt. organisations and failing both By direct recruitment
In case of promotion/ absorption/deputation, grades from which it should be made :
For absorption through composite method, Officers holding analogous posts or the post of Dy.Welfare Officer or officers holding equivalent posts in the scale of pay of Rs.13000-18250 with 3 years regular service in the grade in a Major Port Trust or DY. WO or equivalent officer with 2 years regular service in the grade and a combined regular service of 7 years in the scale of pay of Rs.10750-16750 and Rs.13000-18250 in a Major Port Trust will be eligible.
For deputation, officers holding analogous posts or holding posts of Dy. WO or equivalent posts in the scale of pay of Rs.13000-18250 in Govt./Semi Govt./PSUs or Autonomous Bodies with 3 years regular service in the grade will be eligible. The selection is by merit for which the bench mark in overall grading in the ACRs will not be below "Very Good".