Senior Technology Specialist
Honeywell Technology Solutions Private Limited (HTS) is an integral corporate arm of Honeywell International and is headquartered in Bangalore with locations in China, Brno besides Madurai and Hyderabad. It provides technology, product and business solutions in areas of Product Solutions & Analytics, Advanced Research & Technology, New Product Introduction and IT & Business Process Solutions. For more details you may browse through our official website www.honeywell.com/htsl.
The Advanced Global Technology Lab of Automation Control Solutions Business Unit under HTS, Bangalore is looking for a Senior Architect position to engage in research, design, and development of industrial wireless Applications for products related to Automation Control Solutions in the areas of Process Solutions, Life Safety and Security, Building Systems, Industrial Control, Sensors and Switches, scanning & mobility.
· Product development
o Analyze product requirements by working with product marketing team
o Evaluate wireless radio and protocol technologies befitting the product requirements. Negotiate requirements in case those are not technologically feasible
o Design an architectural approach. Identify risks and retire them
o Overview the product design, solve problems quickly
o Technically drive the product development from wall to wall
· Business development
o Evaluate new wireless technologies and understand thier applications for Honeywell businesses
o Develop product concepts and work with product marketing to evaluate business potential thereby enabling new wireless technology insertion in products
· The candidate should have 12+ years experience and should worked on at least 2 wireless product lifecycles based on one or more of the following wireless technologies – low power Wi-Fi, 802.11a,b,g,n and other variants, Bluetooth, LTE, NFC, 6LoWPAN
· In depth knowledge of wireless system architecture, system simulation, wireless device and network design, wireless networking standards, protocol stacks, RF propagation, RF regulatory requirements in major geographies and co-existence
· Should be able to derive requirements by interacting with product marketing team, select appropriate RF and protocol technologies to meet the requirements, define technical approach and technically drive the product development end-to-end
· Real world experience of deploying wireless products, understanding of RF planning to deploy wireless networks, exposure/experience of wireless planning, diagnostics and survey tools
· Understanding of wireless security algorithms and schemes
· Exposure to UML based wireless system architecture and design
· Expert level experience in C/C++, Linux kernel and network driver.
· Experience of leading 802.11 chipsets and drivers. Exposure to embedded OS such as Android, WinCE will be an added advantage
· Good embedded design skills and understanding of RF, analog and digital electronics
· A track record of innovation and rapid problem solving. Very good interpersonal skills and ability to drive virtual global teams.
Primary Location :IND-10-Bangalore
Education Level :Bachelor's Degree
Shift :Day Job
Travel :Yes, 10 % of the Time
University Relations Requisition:No
- See more at: http://www.careersathoneywell.com/en/jobsearch/jobdescription.aspx?languageid=1&jobid=00238551#sthash.fwE6Hypb.dpuf