International Advanced Research Centre for
Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI)
(An Autonomous R&D Centre of Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
Post : Balapur, Hyderabad-500 005, A.P.
Advt. No. ARCI/HRD/FELLOWSHIPS/1/2014
Advertisement for Senior/Junior ARCI Fellowships
ARCI is looking to engage talented candidates, having a consistently good academic record and with a strong zeal and motivation to pursue innovative research, to contribute to its various ongoing programs. The selected candidates shall be awarded Senior ARCI Fellowship (SAF)/Junior ARCI Fellowship (JAF) depending upon their qualifications. Based on their performance, the selected fellows shall also be encouraged to register for a Ph.D. Program with one of the reputed Institutes/Universities with which the centre has a tie-up.
No. of Fellows Required : Upto Forty (40)
Qualification For Senior ARCI Fellowship: First class M.E/M.Tech./M.S. or equivalent
For Junior ARCI Fellowship: First class B.E/ B.Tech /M.Sc. or equivalent
Specialization : Mechanical/Metallurgical/Ceramics/Chemical Engineering OR Nanoscience/
Nano-technology OR Materials Science/Polymer Chemistry/Electro-Chemistry/
Organic Chemistry/Engineering Physics/ Chemistry
Monthly Stipend (Consolidated) :
Rs. 25,000/- p.m. for Senior ARCI Fellowship (SAF)
Rs. 22,000/- p.m. for Junior ARCI Fellowship (JAF) to candidates with NET/
Rs. 20,000/- p.m. for Junior ARCI Fellowship (JAF) to candidates without
Duration of the Fellowship Period :
Initially, the selected fellows shall be engaged for a period of one year. However,
subject to satisfactory performance, the fellowship award shall be renewable
annually upto a maximum period of 3 years. In case of candidates who register
for Ph.D., the fellowship award may be extended upto 5 years from the actual
date of registration to the Ph.D. programme.
Research Area in which the selected candidate will be working :
Nanomaterials, Carbon materials, Ceramics Processing, Non-oxide ceramics,
Engineered Coatings, Sol-Gel Coatings, Laser Processing of Materials, Hydrogen
& Fuel Cells, Solar Energy, Automotive Materials.
Who are eligible?
1. Engineering/Science students who have completed their M.E./M.Tech./M.S. or B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent during the past three years (not earlier
than 2012) and possessing subsequent continuous research experience
from the date of qualifying.
2. Engineering/Science students who are presently in their final year/semester
and expected to complete their degrees by June/July 2014.
3. NET/GATE qualified candidates shall have an added advantage.
Other Terms & Conditions :
Permission to register for a Ph.D. program shall be granted strictly based on
performance during the first year of joining.
Research fellows not securing admission to a Ph.D. program during the first
12 months of their tenure shall not be permitted to re-apply for Ph.D. as an
external candidate of ARCI.
After expiry of the fellowship term, research fellows shall not have any right
whatsoever to claim regular appointment or permanent absorption in ARCI.
All outstation candidates called for interview shall be reimbursed second
class to & fro train/bus fare by shortest route.
Selected candidates will be posted either at Hyderabad or Chennai,
depending upon the project to which they are assigned.
Important Dates :
Last date for receipt of filled in applications is 20th June, 2014.
Interviews for selection will be held in July/August 2014 at HYDERABAD.
HOW TO APPLY :: Interested candidates fulfilling the above eligibility criteria
shall submit their applications, duly completed in all respects either by email/by
post (please download the application format). The application should contain
complete and definite information in respect of each of the columns.
Email submission: Applications completed to be submitted as an attachment by
email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: In case, the candidates face difficulty in email submission of their
applications, they may please send the same to: THE DIRECTOR-ARCI, Post Box
No. 312, Hyderabad GPO, HYDERABAD–500 001., on or before 20.06.2014. The
applications should be sent by ordinary post only in a cover super scribed “Application
for the post of _______________”.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDIDTIONS
1. Candidates shall use prescribed application form only.
2. For email submission, insert scanned photo and signature (if possible) at the space
provided in the application form at page no. 1 and scanned signature at page no. 4.
Application can be sent as an attached word document file or PDF file (not in picture
formats like JPEG, TIFF etc.).
3. In case of application submitted through email, a hardcopy of the application, duly
supported by attested copies of educational qualifications/experience certificates etc.,
shall be submitted by short-listed candidates at the time of interview.
4. Merely fulfilling the minimum prescribed qualifications/experience will not vest any right in a candidate for being called for personal interview. ARCI reserves all rights to screen the applications and short-list candidates to be called for personal interview.
5. Only outstation candidates called for personal interview will be paid single to & fro second class rail fare/ordinary bus fare by shortest route as admissible, on production of tickets.
6. In all matters relating to this advertisement and subsequent processing, the decision of the Director, ARCI will be final and binding.
7. Applications received late for any reason whatsoever, or incomplete in any manner, shall not be considered. Interim enquires and canvassing in any form will not be entertained.
8. Last date for receipt of filled-in applications is 20.06.2014.
Click for Application