Mgr, Software Development
About the Role and Responsibilities
About the Role:
How would you like to work for a company that's revolutionizing the world of SaaS and PaaS in the Security Space? Are you a fast learner, enthusiastic to learn new technologies and grow your career in in the world’s leading security company? If so, this position may be the one you have always been looking for.
McAfee is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. The McAfee Cloud Security products are proven large-scale services distributed across global datacenters, allowing over 6 million worldwide end-users to email and browse the web securely.
The candidate will contribute to McAfee's SaaS/Platform Unit, to better deliver McAfee products from our secure cloud. A successful candidate will be technically deep with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, great communication skills, ability to shape the structure and grow the skills of their team, and be motivated to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
· Deliver world class user interfaces and web services on the McAfee's SaaS Cloud Platform
· Deliver Consistent focus on operational excellence on cloud components and systems
· Hire, coach and mentor engineers
· Work with team to deliver ongoing product releases and updates
· Collaborate developing and building out appropriate platform features
· Keep our release process agile and efficient
· Provide tools to measure application and system performance, execute performance tests, provide performance improvement recommendations
· Participate in team efforts to provide combined line and statement coverage analysis across unit test and system tests for code written in a range of programming languages (e.g., C, C++, PHP, Java, and Python)
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 10+ years of industry experience
· Experience in OOP, Java, UNIX, Perl, Python, C++, C#, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools
· A minimum of 8 years of software development, and 3-5 years in software management
· Technically sound in software development activities and agile development practices
· A proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
· A passion for people management and mentorship
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills
· Experience with large scale, distributed systems
· Internet and operating system security fundamentals
McAfee, part of Intel Security and a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its visionary Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe.
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Job Software Development
Primary Location MIC-IN-Karnataka MIC-Bangalore BEC MIC
Position Number 885846