Advertisement No.01/2014 (NTS-DIAT (DU))
DEFENCE INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
(A DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY U/S 3 OF UGC ACT 1956)
GIRINAGAR, PUNE-411 025
(An Autonomous Organisation fully funded by Department of
Defence Research & Development, Ministry of Defence)
RECRUITMENT TO NON-TEACHING POSITIONS
1. The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) a Deemed to be University u/s 3 of UGC Act, 1956 is a premier educational institution significantly contributing in the sphere of Human Resources Development for the Defence Forces by way of imparting education, research and training on Defence Technology to the officers of Armed Forces, Scientists of the DRDO, Technical officers of the Ordnance Factory Board, Directorate of Quality Assurance, Defence Public Sector Undertakings and friendly foreign countries. The Institute is also active in carrying out result oriented research as required for defence and national security.
2. The Institute is located in a picturesque environment on the banks of Khadakwasla lake
surrounded by Sahyadri hills. There is an all weather road between NDA and DIAT. The nearest Airport (30 kms) is at Lohegaon, Pune. The DIAT Campus is well served by the Pune Municipal Transport buses.
3. Applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for the following Non-Teaching positions to be filled by direct recruitment/deputation. The details are as under:-
Post for Direct Recruitment/ Deputation as specified
Minimum Educational Qualifications
(i.e. Essential & Preferential), Experience etc
1) LABORATORY ASSISTANT
Pay Band (Rs.) : 5200‐20200
Grade Pay (Rs.) : 2400
No. of Posts :10 on Direct recruitment
failing which on deputation
06 UR + 04 OBC
Qualifications / requirements being equal,
preference will be given to Ex-servicemen (03)
and PWD (01), the identified vacancies.
PWD categories can be of Hearing Impairment
or Locomotor disability.
Age Limit : 28 year
Essential Qualification :
1. Bachelor‟s degree in Science with atleast a Second Class or its equivalent grade in the following discipline # or
Three Year‟s full time Diploma in the required discipline with at least a first class or its equivalent grade duly recognized by board of technical examination; in the following disciplines # and
2. Proficiency & knowledge of computer application and operations (*)
(a) Mechanical Engg.
(b) Automobile Engg.
(c) Electronics & Communication Engineering
(d) Chemical Engineering
(e) Electronics Engineering
(f) Computer Engineering
(g) Aerospace Engineering
(h) Instrumentation Engineering or
any other valid Engineering discipline.
* (i) ‘O’ Level examination of DOEACC
(ii) Certificate or Diploma course of Computer Operation or DPA console operator awarded by
Vocational Education & Examination Board
(iii) PG Diploma in Computer Application awarded by BTE
(iv) Diploma in Computer Application / Computer Management / Information Technology / Computer
Engineering awarded by any University recognized by UGC or AICTE or BTE
(v) Diploma in Computerized Financial Accounting awarded by any University recognized by UGC or
AICTE or BTE
(vi) BCA/BCS/B. Sc.(IT) or higher qualifications in computers are exempted from above Computer
4. Probation: 01 year for Direct Recruitment (Out of which 06 Months as „Trainee‟ with a stipend @ Rs.7600/- per month, consolidated)
An application fee of Rs.300/- for General/OBC candidates (no application fee for Scheduled
Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates/Persons with Disability (PWD) Candidates) is payable for the post which should be ONLY in the form of crossed DD drawn in favour of “Vice Chancellor, D.I.A.T.(DU), PUNE”, payable at State Bank of India, Girinagar Branch (Code 02155), PUNE-411025.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Applications are required to be filled in prescribed format only, available at DIAT Website
www.diat.ac.in. Filled in application along with application fee in the form of DD, attested copies of educational qualification certificate(s), Caste Certificate(s) and other testimonials in support of experience etc. should be sent to „Dy. Registrar (Admn), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (Deemed University), Girinagar, Pune-411025 in a sealed cover super-scribing by “Application for the post of Laboratory Assistant against Advt. No.01/2014(NTS-DIAT (DU) by post so to reach on or before 15th July 2014. DIAT will not be responsible for any postal delay. No application will be received by hand. Applications received without the prescribed fee enclosures will be summarily rejected. Incomplete applications and applications not supported by certified testimonials will not be entertained.
2. Candidates applying on deputation basis must forward their application through proper channel along with the application fee and other documents mentioned in para 1 of ‘How to apply’. However, it is to be noted that their candidature will be considered only when sufficient numbers of suitable candidates are not available for direct recruitment. Such candidates are required to bring Vigilance clearance certificate from their present employer, if called for Test/Interview.
1. Age as prescribed shall be as on the „closing date for receiving the applications‟ (i.e. 15th July 2014).
2. Age relaxation wherever required will be admissible to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer only)/Persons with Disability (PWD)/Ex-Servicemen/other Categories as per Govt of India rules/orders on the subject. The SC/ST/OBC Candidates who apply against unreserved vacancies will not be eligible for age relaxation.
3. Reservation for OBCs shall not apply to certain persons/sections as mentioned in Govt of India, Deptt of personnel & Training OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt. SCT dated 08-09-2003 as amended from time to time. Reservation for OBC is applicable only to those mentioned in the Central List of OBCs recorded in OM No.12011/68/93-BCC(C) dated 10-09-1993 as amended from time to time. Applicant claiming for OBC reservation should attach non creamy layer certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma.
4. Candidates already employed should submit their applications through proper channel. Those who send advance copies of applications will be considered only if they produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of Interview.
5. The number of vacancies is subject to change (decrease/increase) and DIAT (DU) reserves the right not to recruit any one against the advt. without assigning any reason.
6. Since the applications may be short-listed, mere possessing of the prescribed qualifications and requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for test/interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Candidates should, therefore, furnish proof of all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed. Institute will not accept any testimonial/proof of qualification/experience sent after the closing date.
7. DIAT reserves the right to:
(a) conduct written tests for such posts wherever it feels necessary and
(b) not to fill up the advertised position.
8. The last date for receipt of applications is 15th July 2014. Applications received after the due date is liable to be summarily rejected.
9. Both ways 2nd Class sleeper Train fare by shortest route is payable to outstation SC/ST candidates invited for the Interview.
10. Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fee once paid will NOT be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection process.
11. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Postal delay shall not be entertained as a valid reason for late receipt of Application.
12. No correspondence will be entertained in respect of advertisement, interview, selection etc. The Candidates are requested to check the DIAT Website http://diat.ac.in for related information from time to time.
1. Have you signed the Application? : YES NO
(Tick √ Yes or No)
2. Have you attached the Attested Copies of all the : YES NO
(Tick √ Yes or No)
3. Have you enclosed proof of Age? : YES NO
(Tick √ Yes or No)
4. Have you enclosed requisite Demand Draft ? : YES NO
(Tick √ Yes or No)
5. Have you enclosed Attested Copy of : YES NO
(Tick √ Yes or No)
|APPLICATION FORM - ADVT No.01/2014 (NTS-DIAT (DU))||Download|