HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Regd. Office: 17, Jamshedji Tata Road, Mumbai - 400020.
FIXED TERM PROJECT ASSISTANTS
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company with Gross Sales of r 2,15,675 Crores and 260th position in the prestigious list of
Fortune Global 500 Companies during 2012-13. HPCL accounts for about 20% of the market share and about 10% of the nation's refining capacity and also operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, which accounts for over 40% of the India's total Lube Base Oil production.
HPCL with its performance oriented culture and well-rounded peoples’ policies has won several prestigious awards like the “Golden Peacock Innovative Product/ Service Award
2012”, “Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award 2013” by World CSR Congress, CSR Excellence Award” 2012-13 by ASSOCHAM” and “INDIASTAR 2012 Award” by the
Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP) as recognition of excellence in Packaging. HPCL has also been recently conferred with the prestigious and one of the most acclaimed awards in the country, BML Munjal Award for Excellence in Learning and Development in its 8th edition.
Towards fulfilling its Mission and to face the future challenges the Corporation has set up its Corporate R&D Center at Bangalore and is expanding it into a world class facility.
The Corporation now plans to engage Post Graduates in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology OR B.Tech in Chemical Engineering as PROJECT ASSISTANT on fixed
term basis to assist in various Research Projects. Interested candidates are advised to apply online in the prescribed format.
Terms of reference and other details regarding engagement of Project Assistants on fixed term basis are as follows:
POSITION: PROJECT ASSISTANTS ON FIXED TERM
To assist Scientists carrying out research project(s).
Prepare samples for establishing methods of analysis & carrying out routine analysis related to the assigned project(s).
Monitoring batch reactions for optimizing reaction conditions.
Running pilot plants in shifts.
Carryout any other job(s) assigned by the reporting scientist.
M.Sc in Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ related areas with 60% marks in Graduation & Post Graduation (Aggregate of all semesters)
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ related areas with minimum 60% marks (Aggregate of all semesters) For SC/ST & PWD category, the qualifying marks in Graduation & Post Graduation are
relaxed to 50% (Aggregate of all semesters).
All qualifications must be full time course(s) from UGC recognized University/Deemed University or Approved Autonomous Institutions (wherever applicable). The courses
offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Wherever CGPA/DGPA or letter grade in a Degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of
marks should be indicated in the application as per norms adopted by University/Institution.
Soft copy of the detailed CV to be uploaded with the Online Application Form.
Duration of Assignment :
The engagement is initially for a period of one year, which is extendable by two more years based on the project requirement and the performance of individual.
An all-inclusive stipend of Rs.30, 000/- to Rs.40, 000/- per month depending on qualification & experience, is payable. This includes HRA, Accident Insurance, Medical Insurance, Lunch allowance etc.
Mode of Selection :
Selection will be made on the basis of screening of applications as per the eligibility norms and/or screening test of eligible candidates followed by personal interview by
the Selection Committee.
Age Limit :28 years or below as on 12.03.2014.
Relaxation & Reservation of Post
The upper age is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
3 Years for OBC (Non-creamy layer) Candidates
10 Years for PWD (Person with Disability) candidate (provided that the percentage of disability for PH candidate is 40% or more)
Reservation of Post – As per presidential directives for SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD
HOW TO APPLY
1. Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information.
2. Candidates should keep scanned copy of Passport size photo (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) and Soft copy of the detailed CV readily available at the time of submitting on-line application
3. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a Unique Application ID along with the completed application form
4. Candidates should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the space provided and keep with
him/ her safely for future reference.
5. In case the candidate is called for interview, he/she should come with this printed application form
6. 09.07.2014 is the last date for receiving application online for HPCL.
Steps for Applying:
Step 1: Login to www.hindustanpetroleum.com and click on Career Opportunities. Read all the instructions given on the website carefully. Candidates should keep scanned copy of Passport size photo (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) and Soft copy of the detailed CV readily available at the time of submitting on-line application.
Step 2: Fill in the online form with all the relevant details carefully (details once submitted cannot be modified). Upload Scan copy of your latest passport size photograph and Detailed CV.
Step 3: Click Submit. You will get a system generated unique 12 Digit Application / Reference No. Please note that this Application / Reference No. is important and will be
required for all future references throughout the selection process. Hence, candidates are advised to take Printout of the Online Application Form and preserve it for future
Note: Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application form to HPCL. The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained w.r.t. personal/any other details, later on.
1. The post of Project Assistant is a fixed term post. As such the post will be named/called/designated as Fixed Term Project Assistants. If selected, initial engagement will for a period of one year only, which may be extended for one or two years based on the project requirement.
2. The candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through
3. The candidates should have the relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. readily available with them before they commence application process. This information will be required at the time of filling in the on-line application.
4. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/ diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/ Institute.
5. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but coming in creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General category candidate.
6. Candidates presently employed in Government Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will be required to submit NOC from competent authority of their current
employer at the time of interview. In case of failure to produce the NOC from the current employer at the time of Interview, the candidate will not be permitted to
appear for the Interview.
7. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process.
8. All the details given in the online form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained.
9. HPCL will not be responsible for any loss/ non-delivery of email/any other communication sent, due to invalid/wrong email id or due to any other reason.
10. Furnishing of wrong/false information will lead to disqualification and HPCL will not be responsible for any of the consequences of furnishing such wrong/false
information. Since all the applications will be screened without documentary evidence, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process it is found that the candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected. Canvassing in any form during any stage of recruitment process will lead to cancellation of candidature.
11. Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
12. Applications not as per the prescribed format will be summarily rejected. An application not accompanied by relevant certificate(s) / document(s), wherever necessary or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained.
13. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for final selection. HPCL’s decision shall be
final in this regard.
14. Only short listed candidates who are found apparently eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be.
15. Category (SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
16. Relaxations / Reservations for SC/ST/PWD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) as per Government Rules/Presidential Directives.
17. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC-NC category should produce their caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered. Candidates belonging to OBC-NC category should possess OBC-NC Certificate which should be valid as on the last date of closing of application.
18. Candidates employed in Govt. Department / PSU / Autonomous bodies shall either forward their application through Proper Channel or shall produce NOC from their
present employer at the time of Interview. In case, the application of the candidate is not forwarded through proper channel or the candidate fails to produce NOC from his
present employer at the time of interview, his / her candidature will not be considered.
19. Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is
found to be false or is not found inconformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
20. HPCL reserves the right to raise/relax the minimum eligibility standards and / or relax age, experience criteria in otherwise suitable cases. The Management reserves the
right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
21. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Bangalore Court only.
22. In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation in versions other than English, English version will prevail.
23. The candidates should write their correct mobile number and correct email address neatly. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email
addresses/cell phone/landline only.
24. All the positions/postings for the selected candidates will be either at Bangalore or any other location and the same will be at the discretion of HPCL.
25. The above vacancies are indicative. HPCL reserves the right for addition / deletion / increasing or decreasing of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during
26. Candidates are advised to visit corporation website- www.hindustanpetroleum.com or the careers page www.hpclcareers.com regularly for latest updates as no separate communication will be sent.
27. Interested candidates should only apply online on our website www.hindustanpetroleum.com under career Opportunities section.
28. Furnishing of wrong/false information will lead to disqualification and HPCL will not be responsible for any of the consequences of furnishing such wrong/false
information. Since all the applications will be screened without documentary evidence, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that the candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected. Canvassing in any form during any stage of recruitment process will lead to cancellation of candidature.
29. It may please be noted that submission of online applications under factious/ pseudo names/ email ids is strictly prohibited. Any candidate resorting to such practices will be liable for suitable action under the provisions of IT Act 2000.
30. Candidate may contact 080-25063144 or write to email@example.com for any further queries and information.
Engagement of RESEARCH ASSOCIATE PHD : Click here to apply
Engagement of RESEARCH ASSOCIATE MTECH: Click here to apply
Engagement of PROJECT ASSISTANT : Click here to apply
| FOR APPLICATION REPRINTING / PAYMENT STATUS / PAYMENT OF APPLICATION AND PROCESSING FEE : Click Here to Login |
(Only Applicable for candidates who have already submitted the online application)
|FORGOT YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER ? : Click Here to get in mail|