Req. # :2014-7156
Posted Date :6/19/2014
Physical Work Location
Years Relevant Experience :1-2 yrs
Job Classification :Fulltime-Regular
More information about this job:
Aspect is a global software and IT services firm specializing in applying Microsoft unified communications and collaboration to help customers achieve optimal results through enhanced business processes across the enterprise and in the contact center. Aspect provides IT consulting, integration services and business applications. For more information, visit www.aspect.com. Follow Aspect on Twitter at https://twitter.com/aspectsoftware.
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
The Associate Engineer, System Test is a team member for the development of tests for a specific product component. In this position, the Associate Engineer, works with more Principal and Higher level System Test Engineers for direction and task assignments. Reviews test cases and plans with other Team members. May execute existing automated test scripts.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tests software products through the use of systematic procedures to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Modifies, and executes software test plans.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Responsible for participating in the evolution and execution of procedures for ensuring the quality of new features and releases of software.
- Isolates, reproduces and tracks bugs and verifies fixes.
- Executes test plans for manual and/or automated tests.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Novice level knowledge of engineering tools, methods and processes.
- Ability to communicate technical information to internal audiences.
- Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Strong service and teamwork skills.
- Works on projects of limited complexity.
- Ability to develop resolutions to problems of limited scope and follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Ability to use technical concepts to solve routine problems.
- Performs under direct management, supervision, and mentoring of a Senior Engineer or higher.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Minimum B.E. or MCA for Bangalore, India.
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
- Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.