Qualification : Master’s Degree from recognized University in Agriculture/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ICT for Agriculture and Rural Development/ Agricultural Extension/Agricultural Communication or in any relevant discipline with an experience of one year in any television channels/CGIAR centers or digital content development/video shooting.
Last Date : 05.06.2014
Technical OfficerICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Technical Officer to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Contribute to the institutes Knowledge Sharing and Innovation initiatives, especially implementing and promoting the KSIConnect activities.
- Contribute in enhancing existing KSIConnect YouTube channel and develop a financially sustainable framework with a revenue generation model.
- Contribute in designing and developing newly initiated ICRISAT Radio program especially on designing and developing audio content.
- Work with ICRISAT scientists and transform research results into digital videos to contribute to the increased outreach.
- Work with ICRISAT scientists to design and develop open educational resources to support virtual learning and training.
- Assist Global Leader, KSI in pursuing research on Massive Open Online Courses, Learning Content Management Systems, Virtual Reality etc.
- Closely work with partners in implementing and expanding activities of KSIConnect, ICRIAT Radio etc.
- Any other work assigned by Global Leader, KSI
- Proficiency in designing and developing audio and video content.
- Proficiency in creating audio and video content, 3D animations especially on agriculture related training material.
- Demonstrated experience in making high quality e-learning videos and training courses for bringing research into practice, experience in agriculture related content creation is plus.
- Demonstrated experiences in video shooting especially capturing live seminars, lab work as well as field activities.
- Working knowledge in graphic designing, multimedia, video development and 3d animations is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge in open source technologies for mobile and tablet is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral). Knowledge in any other regional languages is plus
- Master’s Degree from recognized University in Agriculture/Mass Communication/Journalism/ICT for Agriculture and Rural Development/ Agricultural Extension/Agricultural Communication or in any relevant discipline with an experience of one year in any television channels/CGIAR centers or digital content development/video shooting.
- Must have working experience in digital content development both audio and videos content.
- Must possess skills in developing open educational resources, virtual training courses, YouTube channels monetization and web video SEO implementation.
- Demonstrated working experience in Adobe Connect, YouTube Channel, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3ds Max or Maya, Premiere pro, Audacity, WordPress and web apps is desirable.
- Experience in creating research impact videos, especially on agricultural related video production skills are highly desirable.
- Any experience in developing participatory Farmer to Farmer video extension approaches would be an added advantage.
The position is for two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
Last date to submit application: 5 June 2014
To apply please click here.