West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Ltd.
(A Govt. of West Bengal Enterprise)
Vidyut Bhavan : Salt Lake City : Sector - II : Kolkata – 700 091
1 Assistant Manager (HR&A)
Graduate in any discipline and MBA (2 years’ full time course) / MPM (2 years’ full time course) /MHRM (2 years’ full time course) with major specialization in Personnel Management / H.R. or Post Graduate full time Degree / Diploma (2 years’ course) with specialization in Personnel Management / H.R. from a recognized University /reputed Institute approved by AICTE / IIMs / XLRI / IITB Schools.
2 Assistant Manager (F&A)
Graduate in any discipline and passed Final Examination from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India or MBA (2 years’ full time) with specialization in Finance from a recognized University / reputed Institute duly approved by AICTE / IIMs / XLRI / IITB Schools.
3 Assistant Company Secretary
Graduate in any discipline and member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India
4 Jr. Executive (F&A)
Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university plus Inter CA / ICWA.
5 Jr. Engineer (Electrical) Gr.–II
Passed Full time 3 years’ Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized Institute / College duly recognized by W.B. State Council of Tech. Education
6 Special Technical Assistant
Passed Full time 3 years’ Diploma in Electronics and Tele-Communication / Radio / Wireless Engineering from recognized Institute / College duly recognized by W.B. State Council of Tech. Education.
7 Technician Gr.-III
Madhyamik or equivalent plus Trade Certificate under NCTVT from any Govt. ITI under Director of Industrial Taining, Govt of West Bengal in the trade(2 Years’ duration) : Wireman / Electrician.
Degree from Open University / Private University / Distance Learning mode / Part Time / Sandwich Course shall not be considered.
OTHER FACILITIES: In addition to Basic Pay & G.P, the post also carry DA, HRA, Medical Allowance, Electricity Allowance, Hill Compensatory Allowance, LTC / HTC, EPF, Gratuity, Benefits for Indoor treatment in leading hospitals for Self & Dependents, Leave Encashment, Children Education Expenses and other allowances as per the Rules of the Company are admissible.
CAREER PROSPECT: The Company offers professional work environment with modern technology & system. The Company is in the process of modernizing and updating its activities with IT enabled services. It offers both time bound and fast track mode of promotion to the employees with higher responsibility depending upon their sincerity, initiative and merit. The selected candidates shall undergo extensive orientation / on-the-job and class room training in the Company’s establishments during the period of probation. On successful completion of probation, they may be confirmed under the Company.
* They are required to furnish a bond of ` 75,000/- in respect of the post under serial no 1 to 3 and of ` 50000/- for the remaining posts at the time of joining the Company and are required to serve the Company for a minimum period of 4 years from the date of joining including the Probation Period.
AGE LIMIT: Minimum 18 years & Maximum 27 years as on 01-01-2014. Age relaxation is allowed as per rules of Govt. of West Bengal.
RESERVATION: Reservation for all posts will be made as per the guidelines issued by the Govt. of West Bengal from time to time. SC / ST / OBC candidates from the states other than West Bengal have to apply as General Candidate. The vacancy against Exempted Category is filled up as per rule of Govt. of W.B.
Candidates must have the ability to read, speak and write in BENGALI / NEPALI language.
MODE OF SELECTION: Selection will be made on the basis of performance in written test and interview for all posts. Candidates called for Written Test / Interview shall not be entitled to reimbursement of travelling expenses. The Written Test / Interview will be held in Kolkata only.
Candidates must ensure that they have requisite qualifications shown against each post as per layout of qualification and fulfill all the required criteria before applying for the post.
How to Apply:
Before applying online Candidates should keep the scanned copy of their passport size colour
photograph and their signature in JPEG format of not more than 50kb size each. Guidelines for
scanning photograph and signature is given in the Home Page of the online Application
Candidates will be required to register themselves through online system of WBSETCL’s website
www.wbsetcl.in between 20.05.2014 to 09.06.2014(Midnight). (However application fee can be deposited between 20.05.2014 to 09.06.2014 up to 15:00hrs) Online Application Format available in the ‘Career’ link.
Application Form not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents would be summarily rejected. Willful suppression of any material fact will also be similarly dealt with.
For every 3(three) incorrect response 1(one) mark would be deducted and if, more than one answer darkened against one question will be treated as incorrect / invalid response / answer. All questions will have to be answered on specially machine designed gradable answer sheets (OMR answer sheet). Answers are to be marked using blue / black ball point pen only on the ‘OMR answer sheet’ are to be written in blue / black ball point pen
Commencement of online registration of applications by candidates 20.05.2014
Last date for receipt of online applications 09.06.2014 (Midnight)
Date of Deposition of Application Fees through UBI 20.05.14 to 09.06.14 (up to 15:00)
Downloading of Admit Cards for Written Test 16.06.2014
Written Test 22.06.2014
During the registration process if you face any difficulties, please call the below number or mail your query to the email id given below:
Helpline No :033-66048070 / 9674111569
Timing :Monday to Friday – 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday – 10:00 am to 01:00 pm
How to apply
- Before applying online Candidates should keep the scanned copy of their passport size colour photograph and their signature in JPEG format of not more than 50kb size each. Guidelines for scanning photograph and signature is given in the Home Page of the online Application Systems.
- Candidates will be required to register themselves through online system of WBSETCL's website www.wbsetcl.in between 20.05.2014 to 09.06.2014(Midnight). (However application fee can be deposited between 20.05.2014 to 09.06.2014 up to 15:00hrs) Online Application Format available in the 'Career' link.
- United Bank of India has been authorized to collect the Application Fee, in a specially opened non-operated current account on behalf of WBSETCL. Fees can be deposited at any branch of United Bank of India throughout India through a computer generated triplicate challan. Candidates has to approach UBI branch with a print out of the challan in A4 size paper which will be autogenerated by the application system after filling-up the Personal Data, Address, Educational Qualification and uploading the Photograph & Signature. On receipt of the fee, bank will issue a unique Transcation ID and SOL ID of the collecting branch. Candidates are required to LOG-IN again in the HOME PAGE of the application system to complete his / her online registration process by putting this Transcation ID and SOL ID. In case of non entry of the Transcation ID and SOL ID the online registration process will not be completed and in that case no Call Letter for Written Test can be generated. Candidates belonging to General / OBC-A / OBC-B / Ex-Serviceman / Meritorious Sportspersons / Exempted Category / Physically Challenged categories are required to pay a non-refundable Application Fees of Rs.400/- for post under sl no.1-4 and Rs.250/- for all others post. Bank will charge Rs.22/- additionally as Bank Service Charges. There will not be any others mode of payment of Application Fees. It may please be noted that the third part of the challan i.e the Company's Copy will have to be submitted by the candidates at the time of Written Test along with the Written Test Admit Card. Without this part, No Candidates will be permitted to appear in the Written Test. Application fees can be deposited between 20.05.2014 to 09.06.2014(up to 15:00hrs).
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application fee.
- After applying online, candidates are required to take a printout of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number.
- Intimations will only be sent by email and SMS only to the email ID and Mobile Number registered in the online application form.
- Candidates shall need not to send any copy of the Application Form or challan through post.
- Candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the WBSETCL website www.wbsetcl.in for latest updates.
Login here to submit challan details to complete your application form and download the filled up application form.
Commencement of online registration of applications by candidates: 20.05.2014
Last date for receipt of online applications: 09.06.2014
Application fee can be deposited from: 20.05.2014 to 09.06.2014 (up to 15:00 hrs)
Downloading of Admit Card for written test: 16.06.2014
Date of written test: 22.06.2014